Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2003, 08:08 AM
Cotton Candy

You're welcome [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Yeah, she did have beautiful hair. The scene when she cut it was so shocking, especially for those days. It was funny when Beth thought she was crying because of their father and then Jo says, "My hair"... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

No, I don't know what the name of that song is. I know which scene you're talking about though. It's one of my favorites.

Old 12-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Does the DVD have deleted scenes e.t.c? I only own an old VHS copy so maybe I should get a new one.

Did anyone else notice the spit trail in the Jo and Laurie kiss? I love that scene but I always end up noticing that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 12-16-2003, 12:00 PM
Cotton Candy

Um, I'm not sure. There might be. Check on Amazon.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Really? I never noticed that. That's so gross! It's one of my favorite scenes too.

Old 12-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Cotton Candy

Here are a couple of more stills:

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited DCreekFreak ]

Old 12-19-2003, 01:03 AM
Passionate Fan

hehe love the stills! thank you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

...and it's okay you don't know what the song is called, it's just gonna bug me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

yay! i just had my last final so i'll be on break until late January. know what that means...i'll be watching Little Women! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] purplestar [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Cotton Candy

Aww, no problem [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah, it might just bug me too, hehe.

Ooh, congrats! Enjoy your break and your viewing of Little Women [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Extreme Fan

I love this movie!! I read the book in like 5th grade and absolutely loved it, it has a special place in my heart. I saw 2 of the early film adaptations (one with Katharine Hepburn, the other with the lady who used to do the Depends commercials) but neither of them were even remotely as good as this version. It's one of those movies I watch at least twice a year, usually when it's cold outside and I'm alone, in bed, drinking hot cocoa with a kleenex box nearby.

My fave sister was Jo, though I must say I liked the fact that Laurie ended up with Amy. My favorite part of the book is when they meet in Europe, spend a lot of time together, and eventually fall in love. I wish that the movie could have included those parts, especially the chapter when they go to the ball and see each other in a new light. (In fact, I sometimes wish that a movie were made focusing just on their relationship, and specifically on those chapters, they are really good!) But if you haven't read the book I can see how you might not like the Laurie/Amy pairing.

I taped the movie when they showed it on HBO or some other cable channel, but if it's cheap enough I might get the DVD.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BooRadley:
<STRONG>It's one of those movies I watch at least twice a year, usually when it's cold outside and I'm alone, in bed, drinking hot cocoa with a kleenex box nearby.
</STRONG>
hi, oooh that sounds like the most wonderful setting for this movie...i normally watch it when i feel like i need comfort, kinda like chicken soup? [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] it just warms my heart every time i watch it.

oooh! and i started reading the book, very slowly, but i'm liking it more and getting into it more this time around. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] purplestar [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Cotton Candy

Hehe, I was going to quote BooRadley's comment about the perfect setting to watch this movie in. That really does sound perfect!

Old 01-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Extreme Fan

I just ordered the DVD from Towerrecords.com (it's only $11.99!)! I'm so excited, especially about seeing the 'making of' feature.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Cotton Candy

Wow! That's really cool! I would love to buy the DVD! I didn't know that it had such cool special features [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Addicted Fan

hey guys. i know that this thread deals with the 1994 version of Little Women, but have you seen the 1949 movie? i really enjoyed the actors' old-movie-star accents in that one.

VOTE for KERRY
Old 02-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Cotton Candy

No, I haven't. Was it good?

Here are some beautiful oil paintings of scenes from the movie. I really want to buy them!
http://anadamian.go.ro/nou-comb.jpg http://anadamian.go.ro/nou-letter.jpg http://anadamian.go.ro/nou-vanity.jpg http://anadamian.go.ro/nou-jo-palarie.jpg
Realized by: ANA DAMIAN

Enjoy these beautiful stills...

[ 02-15-2004: Message edited Vada and Thomas Sitting in a Tree ]

Old 02-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Aaah I looove those pictures of Jo and Laurie.

I've seen the Elizabeth Taylor version of Little Women which I adore. I know there's a Katherine Hepburn one but I've never seen it.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 02-16-2004, 04:57 PM
Cotton Candy

OMG! I just realized what your Login Name is! I LOVE sushi! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm glad that you liked the pics [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Were the earlier versions any good?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread