Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, let us know what you think of bewaafa i still dont know anyone who has seen it.

but i saw a picture of fardeen with her recently, will try and find it.
mumtaz actually married a gujarati man from the uk/london, and being guji myself (in london as well) i am sure there will be pics in our mags, as soon as i find one will let you know.

there is also this really strange programme on star where wannabe designers have to design an outfit for kareena to wear to an premiere. its quite good to watch and despite initially not being a kareena fan she seems nice in it and hardly wears any make up and yet looks really good.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

This article has a small picture of Fardeen and his fiancee.

Does anyone here watch Showbiz India? Is it just me or are the presenters very fake and unnatural? I don't know but they just really annoy me - they ought to learn a thing or two from AVS.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, thansk, you guys get a programme called showbiz india?

we get star plus, which has some good programmes but the only one i watch every week is koffee with karan.

also they are doing a new show, with srk, salman, rani, lara dutta, esha deol and malika arora. i am not going, these shows are far too expensive for my budget - but was wondering if anyone else was going to go?
Old 05-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

Thanks NC She looks quite young !! Very pretty .
OTB I have only 2 hindi channels Zee and Sony. Locally they show AVS on Sat and I watch that . So no, I have not heard about Showbiz India.
I don't plan to go for shows anytime soon. I feel they are the same with 'naach gaana' and stuff. And like you said they are expensive.
I watched VeerZaara. Didn't think much of it. Maybe b/c I didn't see it sooner and its feels old or just not that into SRK these days. I do like him, but he is ?
Priety is good and does a resonable job but not my fav. She does not really appeal. Divya Dutta as the 'help' was good and likable. And so was Rani.
Now have to watch Bewafaa.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, i didnt like veer zara either and just felt the film was too long and slow. the only person i thought was good in it was rani, maybe it the copy i saw but i couldnt understand a word divya dutta said.

but am really looking forward to buying some dvds over the weekend and finally watching some new films!!

we have zee and sony here too but they are subsciption channels whereas star is a channel you dont have to pay extra for and is the only one we have.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

Ok finally watched Bewafaa and didn't really care for it. The lines were so 'cliched' (sp?) And this thing that a 'Bharatiya nari' always does the right thing and so full of sacrifice and stuff. Its really annoying in this day and age. I am an hopeless romantic I know The songs were good. Forgetful.
I won't get to watch any movies . Trying to catch up with the new english ones
Have a good weekend !!!
I think DD in Veer... spoke Urdu/Punjabi and some local words thrown in . I didn't understand every word she spoke , just understood the context in which she spoke.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, thanks for your review on bewafaa, a friend has a copy but i was going to buy it tommorrow - but think ill wait until she gives it to me now!

so i am planning to buy tommorrow, waqt, lucky, main aisa hi hoon and zeher - and 2 others as you can get 3 double dvds for £10!

cant wait to watch some fo these movies!
Old 05-23-2005, 02:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, i didnt manage to get 6 movies for £10, but bought waqt, lucky, main aisa hi hoon and karam - so m looking forward to watching those anyway.

also have got bewafaa, sheesha and khushi from my friend at home.

i watched 3/4 of khushi, its an ok film, very slow and a bit boring at times. its also a very predictable story - but will finish watching it anyway.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

Hi
Let me know how those movies turn out. Since I have to drive 30/40 mins to rent hindi movies for one week, I don't do it often. Just returned Veer... and Bewafaa
Kushi was not bad tho' like you said it was boring at times. There was one scene where I really laughed. (phone one) Let me know how you felt.
Here we get 5 tapes for $10 . One for $ 3. I got Dev with Fardeen, Amithab, Om Puri and Kareena. I had seen it before and wanted to own it . Good movie and the chemistry between them (F and K) is sooo good.
I have yet to watch Page3 and Mr&Mrs Iyer Since they are mine I am just dealaying watching them .And also this week is the season finale for the English shows I watch, so kind of busy
Have a good week !!
Old 05-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Extreme Fan

No i've never watched Showbiz india its probebly on one of the indian channels over here though, But i dont really watch them, I do watch B4u music sometimes though.. for the music lol

6 movies for £10? wow! where do you get your movies from? are they dvds?

Yeh In bollywood they dont speak pure hindi, its Hindustani, they speak a mixture of Hindi and Urdu, most of the songs are in urdu too, But yeh A lot of the words in veer zaara were urdu, probebly because half of it was set in Pakistan.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, i know what scene you talking about from khushi - it was funny. like you said the film wasnt good but wasnt bad either, parts of the film was funny but i wasnt sure if i was laughing with the film or at it!!

5 movies for $10 is really good, i'll have to look out for dvds when i come up to america next. here you get 3 dvds for £10 but if you are lucky you can manage to get the 2 films you want on each dvd.
this time as waqt and main aisa hi hoon had just released i couldnt find them in a double dvd with any other movies so only got 4 for £10.

i also watch alot on us shows, not as many as you guys get - and we wont be getting the finales until a couple of weeks after you guys. thats why i only get a chance to watch a movie if i dont have a busy weekend.

i always though most of the songs are in hindi, as i understand them all, its only when the film is set in pakistan they use urdu otherwise it isnt used at all during most hindi movies.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:03 AM
Extreme Fan

well Hindi and urdu are nearly the same just a few words are diffrent its like american English and British English, Most of the songs are in urdu, Like songs written my Javed Akhtar (fantastic song writer) But not all of them are, And the dialouge in films is useally hindustani, and many indians use urdu words even if there family only speak hindi, because they have grown up watching indian movies and have learnt hindustani from them.

I live in a area with not that many Desi's so we dont really get bollywood movie dvds here and if we do there really expensive, when i go down to london you get them really cheap, But in asia, you can get them for nearly a dollor each in places like hong kong (From what my friend has told me).

Last edited by Spikes Angel; 05-24-2005 at 07:57 AM
Old 05-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

As far as I know pure Urdu ( spoken in Lucknow ) is very different from Hindi. Bollywood has made it easy for people to understand and kind of mixed Urdu/Hindi/ Sanskrit and English to make a language of their own
What happens is that language of a state gets mixed with hindi, so eventually the hindi spoken is different. I speak the Bombay hindi, which gets laughed at in Delhi. Hydrabadi urdu/hindi is mixed with the southern language and made famous by the actor Mehamood.
In border towns in North and East ( bet. India and Pakistan ) they mix Urdu and Punjabi , Bengali and Urdu and ???
This is what I have read and studied and not all of it is my opinion Of course I don't know all of it but I have grown up in india , and should know something
Old 05-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Extreme Fan

pure urdu, Lol i can hardly understand pure urdu it sounds nice though, I guess the urdu i speak is more formal, My mother can speak it though since she has studied it, Yes I think in lucknow they speak both hindi and urdu but urdu has been the lingua franca.

Bombay hindi? lol you mean the Bambaiya Hindi? the type of Hindi Amir khan spoke in that film with rani mukherjee? "aye kya bolti tu?"
Old 05-25-2005, 02:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, where about did you grow up in india navami ?

i was born in london and have only visited india, any hindi i can speak and understand is picked up from watching the mahabharat on a tv channel here subtitled and then losts of movies after. so i picked up the language by myself and was helped by it being similar to gujarati anyway.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread