Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

I think they have Aish's age wrong. Many other sites say 1973. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...+date+of+birth
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Extreme Fan

wow I never knew Sharukh was that old! hes like 3 years younger than my Mother!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, yeah srk is alot older as he was in a tv serial prior to films, and has been in the film industry for a few years now!!

but i thought aishs age seemed wrong, i got all my info from imdb, but even as born in 73 she is much older than i thought she was.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Extreme Fan

he looks good for his age, so does Ashwariya
I love watching Srk's movies though, hes a great actor, the too many new actresses and actors around these days, I never watch films with bollywood actors that i dont know in them.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Welcome, Spikes Angel!

Yep, Ash is 35 years old (born in 1970), and SRK is 40 (born in 1965). I know because I was born in '65, too, and looked up their ages for comparison some time ago. And they're not old! (thankfully I look as young as they do).

What really surprised me are Priyanka Chopra and Kajol's ages - I thought Priyanka was older simply because she looks a lot older (and not in a bad way) and she plays older roles. She definitely doesn't play characters who are only 23, which is interesting (many of her films have flash-back sequences that imply she's older, at least in her late 20s, and it's convincing).

I thought Kajol was a couple of years older, too, but that's because of when she started in films. She was actually 17, which is pretty young. I've never been able to reconcile that in my mind (I knew she was younger than I could determine and it bothered me).

onthebalance - fantastic job! So much fun!

My LJ for Movies

Last edited by shrrshrr; 05-11-2005 at 01:54 PM
Old 05-12-2005, 04:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, thanks

like you i am surprised when people who have been doing films for ages like kajol and karishma you think they are older - but alot of the filmi families tend to start in films early. i think rani also started in films at 17, whereas preity who hasnt been doing films for as many years is actually older.

but has anyone seen any of the recent movies, like waqt or main aisa hi hoon?
i wont get a chance to watch anything until next weekend.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

Spikes Angel Welcome
Actors like John A , Priety , Arjun and ? were models before joining films. People like Ash, Lara, Prianka started 'late' due to beauty paegents . I cannot believe Prianka is only 23yrs.!! Many of the stats on IMDB are done by fans like us, so sometimes they get it wrong? Bollywood is notorious for not wanting the media to know the ages of celebrities. Can anybody believe Rekha is only 50 !!!
OTB Thanks for your info .I am always curious to read facts about actors and actresses.
Ok, after catching up with English movies I watched Morning Raga Very good movie .Even tho' its classically oriented , the actors made it so good.
Kisna was very so-so. The songs were good and of course VO
I just started watching Page 3 . I would like to see Waqt but not Main Asia Hi Hoon
Have a good weekend.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by navami
Spikes Angel Welcome
Actors like John A , Priety , Arjun and ? were models before joining films. People like Ash, Lara, Prianka started 'late' due to beauty paegents . I cannot believe Prianka is only 23yrs.!! Many of the stats on IMDB are done by fans like us, so sometimes they get it wrong? Bollywood is notorious for not wanting the media to know the ages of celebrities. Can anybody believe Rekha is only 50 !!!
I agree with all of this 100% and some of it I thought of when I read the ages, yesterday.

I haven't seen any Hindi films of late because I STILL have Lakshya here waiting to be seen. I really need to watch it and send it back to NetFlix so I can get a new Hindi film...

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I think there should be more trained actors in Bollywood, You know like people who have actually been to acting school, or have had some sort of experiance with drama, theres too many models and beauty pagent finalists in Bollywood these days, are people from bollywood going to modeling agencys and going "hey! your hot! lets make you a film star!"? I'm not saying that some of them cant act, But what about the people that have spent years training as a actor? who think there finally going to be in a film, and then then suddenly they get told that the makers of the film dont want him/her because they prefer the goodlooking model? Ok i whine to much lol But people like ashwariya have done fantastic movies so im not saying all of the models/beauty pagent winners are bad actors or rubbish!

Ohh! i heard a rumour that Rani Mukherjee and Abhishek Bachchan are engaged! is that true? I thought she was going out with Govinda?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

Oh god - someone was actually going out with Govinda? Especially someone was fabulous as Rani Mukherjee? NOOOOOOOOO!

Abishek Bachchan, however, is an entirely different matter and I could definitely ship them (especially as they've been together in at least 2 films, and were fabulous). Needless to say I find Govinda to be particularly disgusting, not to mention a horrific actor. I just don't get it.

Spikes Angel - you make a good point but I don't think it has anything to do with the actors. The fact is that Bollywood puts out thousands of films a year, and that most of those people aren't former models or beauty queens. Trouble is, those aren't the big blockbusters because that's not what the audience is looking for. The thing about Hindi movies is that so many of them cater to the fantasy, and even the Hindi movie stars dicuss this openly.

It's one of the reasons serious films don't tend to do as well (and a testament to high quality when they DO do well). It's a shame, really, because you're right - there could be some phenomenal actors out there who aren't getting the chances they deserve.

Also, just because someone is attractive definitely does not mean they can act!

Another issue is the connection these people have to movie families - I think that plays a major role in who gets the lucky breaks, too.

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-13-2005, 02:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, i had heard that rani and abhishek rumour but both denied it, so not sure its true.

but on the models being actors/actresses, i think alot of them can act - though i didnt realise that preity was a model before starting in films. though it is a shame that some better actors get overlooked for someone who has a better look or better connection in the industry.

one example, is shefali who plays amitabhs wife in waqt - in reality she is quite young ( she was also in monsoon wedding) and a good actress but she doesnt get any good roles, now in waqt she is playing amitabhs wife.

i also havent watched any films and now my list i want to see is getting longer, i want to watch waqt, bewafa, main aisa hi hoon, lucky, zeher and bunty aur bubli.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Hi
I had not heard about ABjr and Rani. But seeing that their new movie is coming out , I am not surprised Hope the movie is entertaining at least. But ABjr is having the time of his life. He loves to party and has been seen with Esha Deol, and Lara and (her bf) and others hitting the hot spots.
I feel actors get typecast and find it had to break the cycle, esp if it works .
How a movie does is really a' lottery'. Same formulas always do not work. And like Shrrshrr mentioned, India produces so many movies in a year, you do get many misses to one 'hit' .
Any one remember Yukta Mookhi ? She was Miss World or Miss Universe . She had a flop movie in Pyasaa with Aftab and ? It had one good song and the movie went straight to DVD. There are so many good actors who just don't get a break. There is only so much one can do being the son/ daughter of a 'famous' father/mother.
I heard on the hindi news that Fardeen Khan got engaged to Mumtaz's daughter in UK last week . Yea , good for him !!
Old 05-15-2005, 05:20 AM
Extreme Fan

I havent posted here for ages (yes i call days ages lol) its because i always go to the buffy board lol.

Anyways yeh when i heard about Rani Mukerjee and Govinda i was like "WHAT!" shes soo beautifull and hes... not and hes like 100 years older than her!, But you cant choose who you fall in love with! But the whole Rani and Abishek thing? im not sure if its true or not, if it is im sure they would confirm it!.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by navami
I heard on the hindi news that Fardeen Khan got engaged to Mumtaz's daughter in UK last week . Yea , good for him !!
hi, yeah i heard that too, her daughter did want to act in hindi films as well at one point. both her daughters are really stunning.

didnt watch any films over the weekend, but my friend returns soon and hopefully brings a few dvds with him, if not i will buy 3 at the weekend, definately want to buy bewafaa, waqt and lucky.

also i read the story of paheli on imdb, do not read below if you dont want to know
it sounds weird it says its a love story about a ghost who falls in love with a newlywed woman and impersonates her absent husband to get close to her. with srk playing the ghost, rani the wife and sunil shetty the husband. will have to wait for reviews but doesnt sound that good to me based on the description.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

Hi
OTB Do you have a pic of Mumtaz's daughter that we can see. I have only read about her . Fardeen was showing her around Bombay and the rest is >>>
I also read about Paheli on IMDB and its
I finally, finally got to rent Veer- Zara and also rented Bewafaa . will watch it soon as I have to return it by the weekend !!
I bought a dvd of songs from the movies, Hum Tum, Dhoom, and Veer- Zara All the songs are good.
Have a good week !!
BTW not sure if its true, Rani , let Govinda stay at her appartment when he left home /wife. She (Rani) was not even in town at that time. They are pretty good friends and he is very much liked by all !!