Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Ah, okay - that's what I thought. I have that on DVD as it's one of my all time favorites. SRK and Kajol at their best.

And yeah - I didn't mind Amisha in her first film - the one you mentioned (with Hrithik), but after that - no. Just no.

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-02-2005, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzie

I heard heard SRK is playing a ghost (??) or something in his next film. It sounds like he's trying something different...we'll see. I thought he pretty good in Swades, but it wasn't entirely different.
That sounds interesting... unless he does the usual thing where he plays the same character except this one would be invisible.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

MC2003, Tina & Ash Welcome !!
Did I mention I finally watched Swades ? Anyway I felt I was in a Geography class or a Social Studies one !! Very boring and loong..
I read the for the new SRK movie at ApunKaChoice. It had an interesting story
I simply detest the new video of him in Kaal He looks old and tired JMHO
I am in the minority who likes ( not adores) Amisha Patel. And her brassy hair color looks good. Something different at least.
Have a good week

Last edited by navami; 05-02-2005 at 11:54 AM
Old 05-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Hi ,
Sorry I got SRK's new movie info at IMDB not Apunkachoice. The name of the movie is Paheli ? Made by Amol Palekar .
Bollywood is a very small world . How else would you explain many movies with same actors. Rani , Amithab,Salman John A . Another one with Salman,Rani, Kareena. Then Its Rani, Abhishek, Preity ,John A. Again its Rani, Abhishek, Amithab. And its Abhishek, Amithab and the list goes on and on. Not that I'm not happy but still....

Last edited by navami; 05-02-2005 at 11:56 AM
Old 05-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by navami
I simply detest the new video of him in Kaal He looks old and tired JMHO
I hate the song and video too. My sister said the same thing about him looking too old.

I looked at the cast lists for Pehli and Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (SRK's next film with Karan Johar, of course ) and I get what you're saying about BW being a small world, especially the in the Yash Raj/ Yash Johar, etc. movies. I guess the actors you mentioned are considered the 'A list' in Bollywood.

A question for SRK fans, have you guys seen Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa? It's one of his earlier movies that came out in 1993, and he plays a normal guy, not a pyscho stalker or loverboy. I really liked that movie and I think it's one of his best performances, but it always gets overlooked. I'm just wondering what other people thought of it.

Last edited by spazzie; 05-02-2005 at 01:17 PM
Old 05-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

Spazzie
I did watch KHKNa A very good fun movie. SRK was so fresh and lovable. He still is likeable (not fresh, or very lovable) ,but now its like overkill . I liked him in Main Hoon Na Too !! Comedy suits him . He was funny with Juhi Chawla in Duplicate They make a good comedy couple. Ofcourse now she will be considered 'too old' for him
ITA about what you said about 'A -list' actors !!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey guys!

Question, isn't there a movie coming out that is starring Aamir Khan and Kajol I heard about it but I didn't hear anything recently. Rumours? True?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

navami - thanks!

I'm going to check out IMDb. And I think it's sweet that you like Amisha - it's good to have balance on the thread.

And I've never heard of that song, but I've been skipping out (shocking, for me) on the Hindi movie and song shows over the last 3 weeks - not feeling well.

Quote:
I guess the actors you mentioned are considered the 'A list' in Bollywood.

A question for SRK fans, have you guys seen Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa? It's one of his earlier movies that came out in 1993.
It's got to be an 'A-list' thing because really, Bollywood makes at least twice as many films per year as Hollywood, and they have way more actors. I often come across films and actors I've never heard of, but because they're not A-list we rarely hear about them unless you go to a well-stocked Hindi movie store.

TiNA - yep, I've heard that, too. Could be quite good although I'm not sure how Aamir Khan and Kajol will look together - he's rather slight and little, isn't he? Still, I really like him (and of course her), so I'm willing to give it a chance.

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-03-2005, 02:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, you know i have never noticed that before navami, but you are right, it seems that once you get into the a-list you only seem to do those type of movies.

its a shame that they dont that these big banners dont try different actors/actresses as it would be nice to see fresher combinations.

one actress i would like to see do well is bipasha, buts it good to see john a getting into that list.

ita about the kaal song, srk looks really old in it and when he wears leather in part of it - it just looks wrong. but has anyone seen kaal yet? or even waqt - my friends have seen waqt and would recommend it.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

I would also like to see Bipasha get good movies/roles. I have liked her movies. She can go beyond her sultry looks .
Another one is Diya Mizra She is experimenting with different kinds of roles. And better movies should come her way.
In the males Manoj Bajpai is a very good actor and he needs big banners to show his talent. I have not seen Bewafaa, but I heard he has a different kind of role in the movie? Maybe he will start getting good roles.
More later !
Old 05-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, i think that manoj is just in a very small role in bewafaa, but i agree he is another actor that is really good, i thought he was great in pinjar.

as for dia mirza havent seen any of her films.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

I know the names but I'm not familiar with the work of those actors - except Bipasha Basu. I know her work and I love her. I think she's a terrific actress, regardless of the role. One of my all time favorites (which I own on DVD) is...oh, crap! Why do I always forget the names of the films when I'm typing?

You know - I think it's a Hindi remake of a US film, but it's so much better than the US one - uch, it's essentially a ghost story and Bipasha's boyfriend (can't think of his name right now even though I can see his face) is in it...

I think I need a nap.

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

I definitely think Manoj Bajpal has some acting chops... does he normally try to pick serious roles? Maybe that's why he doesn't appear in a lot of big budget movies. As for Diya Mirza... hmm. I've only seen her in two movies - one with Arjun Rampal where she played a mentally retarded person and another where she was a poor girl who was kissed by some rich dude or something - I never remember the names. I don't know but I am not particularly impressed by her. In fact, she seems rather dumb.

shrrhrr, Bipasha's boyfriend is John Abraham, I believe. The only movie I've seen them together in was Aeetbar - the remake of "Fear" and that wasn't good.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, Manoj Bajpai usually sticks to serious roles. Based on his work he's not the type I can imagine rolling around in the grass and dancing around trees, not that that's a bad thing. He had a small role in Veer-Zaara (spoiler: he played Preity's fiance) and he was good in Pinjar too. He's very talented and I'd like to seem in more movies.

Diya Mizra...I don't really have much of an opinion on her. She was in Tehzeeb (the one with Arjun Rampal and Urmilla), that's all I remember about her. Maybe if I see her in other roles I'll like her more.

navami, I'm glad you liked the movie too

Last edited by spazzie; 05-03-2005 at 12:06 PM
Old 05-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, Manoj Bajpai usually sticks to serious roles. Based on his work he's not the type I can imagine rolling around in the grass and dancing around trees, not that that's a bad thing. He had a small role in Veer-Zaara (spoiler: he played Preity's fiance) and he was good in Pinjar too. He's very talented and I'd like to seem in more movies.

Diya Mizra...I don't really have much of an opinion on her. She was in Tehzeeb (the one with Arjun Rampal and Urmilla), that's all I remember about her. Maybe if I see her in other roles I'll like her more.

navami, I'm glad you liked the movie too
Diya Mirza has a very stony way of acting. Her emotional range isn't too strong.

Manoj Bajpai -> good actor, I would love to see more of his workds!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread