Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
You know - I think it's a Hindi remake of a US film, but it's so much better than the US one - uch, it's essentially a ghost story and Bipasha's boyfriend (can't think of his name right now even though I can see his face) is in it...
hi, that film was with bipasha boyfriend at the time dino, its a remake of what lies beneath and was called raaz. i have that film on dvd but havent yet got round to watching it.

i think that her and john (who are now together) have also done another film together, jism - again i have it on dvd but havent got around to watching it yet. i keep getting sidetracked by these newer films before i watch the older ones!!
Old 05-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Addicted Fan

hey, I watched JISM a long time ago .. John was great! they got chemistry together with bipasha. I think the movie pretty okay ... a bit provocative for the traditional indian crowd .. but man these days many indian movies have sexual content ... its gettin sad.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa
As for Diya Mirza... hmm. I've only seen her in two movies - one with Arjun Rampal where she played a mentally retarded person...

I never remember the names. I don't know but I am not particularly impressed by her. In fact, she seems rather dumb.

shrrhrr, Bipasha's boyfriend is John Abraham, I believe. The only movie I've seen them together in was Aeetbar - the remake of "Fear" and that wasn't good.
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzie
Diya Mizra...I don't really have much of an opinion on her. She was in Tehzeeb (the one with Arjun Rampal and Urmilla), that's all I remember about her. Maybe if I see her in other roles I'll like her more.
Oh, right! I know who you're talking about. I actually think she's very pretty and I rather liked her in Tehzeeb, which felt like a really sleeply movie (I rented it after seeing two song clips that were really terrific, but the movie was a bit of a let down, mostly because I just couldn't get into Urmilla's character - she was too stony and not very sympathetic, despite the premise).

I know Diya's been in other films but I haven't seen them, but I can imagine that she doesn't carry a lot of weight as she's not really super-start quaility, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebalance
hi, that film was with bipasha boyfriend at the time dino, its a remake of what lies beneath and was called raaz. i have that film on dvd but havent yet got round to watching it.

i think that her and john (who are now together) have also done another film together, jism - again i have it on dvd but havent got around to watching it yet. i keep getting sidetracked by these newer films before i watch the older ones!!
AH - YES! That's the one! And yes, I was referring to Dino Morea - thought he was still her boyfriend. I really like Raaz a lot - so much better than the original US version because these type of stories make so much more sense in Asian cultures (which is why I prefer Japanese ghost/horror stories over their US remakes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by //ash//
hey, I watched JISM a long time ago .. John was great! they got chemistry together with bipasha. I think the movie pretty okay ... a bit provocative for the traditional indian crowd .. but man these days many indian movies have sexual content ... its gettin sad.
I totally agree with this.

Yes, I liked Jism, although I thought the original US version of the film, Body Heat, was far superior. But then, it was controversial in its day for the same reason (it was made back in the early 80s and was considered scandalously racy at the time). The reason I like Jism is specifically because Bipasha looks terrific in it (I prefer her a little chubby - she's much sexier that way) and because she and John have wonderfu chemistry.

But as far as the story being exceptionally racy - it is - regardless of whether or not it's a Hindi film.

Still, one of the things I love about Hindi films is that they're a reflection of a culture that still values things like sexual discretion, which is totally lacking in most US films. But the trend is clear, and I just hope it's short-lived.

My grandmother often says when we watchin Hindi films these days, "What happened to all the pretty saris?" That's because the girls are all in super short or tight outfits, and they don't seem to cherish what is the most flattering outfit any woman could ever where, regardless of her build - the sari. It's a shame, really.

I mean, I'm anything but a prude but I don't want to see this sort of thing in sweet films about romance and family - kind of takes away from the values, doesn't it?

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-05-2005, 04:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, i think bollywood has gone a bit crazy on the sex themed films at the moment.

i do like seeing the family style films but some on them seem a bit dated now and i think there should be a balance between the two.

a family film which is meant to be really good, according to my friends who have seen it is waqt, they also said they thought kaal was a waste of money!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
My grandmother often says when we watchin Hindi films these days, "What happened to all the pretty saris?" That's because the girls are all in super short or tight outfits, and they don't seem to cherish what is the most flattering outfit any woman could ever where, regardless of her build - the sari. It's a shame, really.
I like the sari's and traditional Indian clothes too. Some of the western style clothes they wear are, um, interesting.

Quote:
i think bollywood has gone a bit crazy on the sex themed films at the moment.
I agree. I hope the trend dies down soon. Growing up I used to watch BW films with my family, but now I get embarassed watching some of this stuff with them.

Going back to the topic of underrated actors, I think Sushmita Sen should get more roles. She was sizzling in Main Hoon Na, any other actress would have either made the character too cute, ****ty, or ice queenish, but Sush played her perfectly. it's too bad she isn't a bigger star.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

onthebalance - I agree, there needs to be a better balance. And thanks for your friends reviews! I'll be sure to miss Kaal.

spazzie - I completely agree.

And I LOVE Sushmita Sen. She is getting more roles now that she did Main Hoon Na (and you're right, she was absolutely perfect and just on fire in that film) - she's in Bewaafa...hopefully she'll get more roles.

(Has anyone seen Bewaafa, yet?)

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-06-2005, 02:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, i really want to see bewafa but havent managed too, its not on cinema anymore here and noone i know has the dvd, i am hoping my friend whose coming back from pakistan in a couple of weeks will have bought it for me!

waqt is still in the top 10 after a couple of weeks, which rarely happens here in the uk.

i saw an interview with sushmita sen recently with her adopted daughter, who is really cute, she seems like a really nice levelled headed person and came across really well in the interview.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Oh, cool - she adopted a little girl? I think people who adopt are amazing.

Also - have you noticed that Sushmita has gotten better looking with age? Just like Hema Malini. Some women just get all the luck!

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-07-2005, 03:25 AM
Master Fan

Hi Just a drive by.
Mom just left for India and its been hectic this last week. I will have more to share ( I hope) when I watch the movies I got last night. Page 3, Morning Raga, Kisna
Old 05-08-2005, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
Old 05-09-2005, 02:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, is it mothers day? here in the uk we have mothers day in march.

but did you watch any of those movies you mentioned? i would love to hear what you thought of them.

i also think its great that sushmita has adopted, i remembering reading about it a few years ago.

this weeks interview had vivek and john a, and hrithik and farah (the director of dil chaata hai). neither were that interesting.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

Yeah - Mother's Day in the US was yesterday (the first weekend in May).

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-10-2005, 02:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, ok thatnks, i always thought days like that were the same no matter what country.

but i was bored this morning here and looked up a few dates of births of our bollywood actresses - thought you guys might be interested!!

priyanka chopra - 18th july 82 - surprised she is so young!
lara dutta - 16th april 78
preity zinta - 31st jan 75 - yeah she is older than me.
rani - 21st mar 78
kareena - 21st sept 80
mahima - 13th sept 73
esha deol - 2 nov 82
bipasha - 5th may 79
sushmita - 19th nov 75
aishwarya - 1st nov 70

its nice to see a few of them are older than me!!

if i am still bored later i will do the actors ages.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:51 AM
Extreme Fan

yay! theres a hindi films thread!

The last Bollywood Film i watched Was Veer Zaara, i cried like a baby when i watched it expecially when Veer was reading his poem, hehe whenever my Indian friends talk about india i go "aisa des hai mera jaisa des hai tera" lol, It wasent yash chopras best film, But it was still great, Rani Mukerjee was fantastic in the film, as was Sharukh khan, loved the khers! (big fan of them!).
Old 05-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, welcome to the thread

i am still a bit bored so some more ages, but first i have to say how shocked i was at how old aish is, i thought she was much younger. also i thought preity was younger, as she hasnt been in films that long and has a young looking face - but shes older than me!!!

but more ages;

cant believe i didnt post my fave actress kajols;

kajol - 5th aug 75
karishma - 25th june 74

now some actors;
srk - 2nd nov 65
salman - 27th dec 65
aamir - 14th mar 65
saif - 16th aug 70
abhishek - 5th feb 76
amitabh - 11th oct 42
bobby deol - 27th jan 67
akshay kumar - 9th sep 67
john a - 17th dec 72
hrithik - 10th jan 74
vivek - 3rd sept 76

didnt realise john, abhishek and hrithik were that old, again older than me. shocked esp at johns he has only been in films for a little while.

hopefully i will find something else to stop my boredom soon, as have run out of people to search for...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread