Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, the movie looks very epic. You're right by saying it's very Lord of the Rings, even the music reminds me of it. I'm not sure if it's exactly what I picture but I'm still so excited!

I couldn't get a very good look at Aslan but I'm hoping he looks great. I really want all the animals to look well enough that I can feel for them as real characters.

Pacey/Joey~Seth/Summer~Lex/Lana~Sawyer/Kate~Nathan/Haley~Charlie/Claire~Jake/Peyton~Hyde/Jackie~Ross/Rachel~Ron/Hermione
Old 05-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think they have taken down all the copies of the trailer (bummer - I really wanted to see it!), but I just read that they are showing it during Harry Potter this Saturday night - yay!!

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9438

I'm soooo excited!! Anyone else gonna check it out?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
they are showing it during Harry Potter this Saturday night
Yay! I was gonna watch Harry Potter anyways, now this really gives me a reason!

Pacey/Joey~Seth/Summer~Lex/Lana~Sawyer/Kate~Nathan/Haley~Charlie/Claire~Jake/Peyton~Hyde/Jackie~Ross/Rachel~Ron/Hermione
Old 05-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG! THE TEASER LOOKED INCREDIBLE!!! It does look like an magnificent epic... I loved when Peter looked at his sword.... and was going to pull it out...:swoon: And Aslan was perfect... everything was... so excited!
Old 05-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Passionate Fan

THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE - OFFICIAL TRAILER!

The trailer is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

Last edited by mh67511; 05-07-2005 at 09:03 PM
Old 05-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

I read "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" years ago and I don't remember much about it. But I just saw the trailer tonight during Harry Potter, and it looked so good! I was already sort of interested, but now I'm more excited. It looks very cool and like something that would be right up my alley. I love that WETA is working on it too; they did a phenomenal job in LOTR.

Jen | tumblr
Old 05-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Loyal Fan

WETA is AMAZING! I love their work... but although I thought some of the mermaids and creatures could have been better but I am sure that WETA will keep on working on them to make them more realistic...
Old 05-09-2005, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loving the trailer...Lucy is so cute.

Weta Workshop have done some concept work, but it isn't Weta digital doing the CGI!
Old 05-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, I am completely blown away by the trailer. I cannot wait until this movie comes out! I can picture some of the scenes so clearly from the book and I doubt I'll be disappointed.

And I love the music for the trailer. It's really beautiful.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh good, I didn't realize there was a thread for this. I wish we could get our own narnia board. Anyway, C.S. Lewis is my favorite author and I love the Chronicles of Narnia. I've probably read them 100 times. They're just so beautiful. I've been looking forward to this movie for at least a year, probably a bit over. A while back I heard Douglous Gresham (C.S. Lewis' Stepson) speak at Biola and I am confident that he wouldn't let anything terrible happen to the integrity of the story. The teaser trailer is fabulous. I seriously almost cried while watching it.

If any of you haven't read the books, I advise you to before the film comes out. They're pretty short, so it shouldn't take too long, but so fabulous!

about the order; The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe is first in the original publishing order. It was published first in 1950. The publishing order goes like this:
1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)
2. Prince Caspian(1951)
3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)
4. The Silver Chair (1953)
5. The Horse and His Boy (1954)
6. The Magicians Nephew(1955)
7. The Last Battle (1956)

My old set of books is ordered this way. I advise this order on the first reading, simply because LWW reads like the begining of the series. As for the others, I guess you could kind of put HaHB and TMN anywhere after LWW since they are out of the normal sequence anyway. Only in recent years did they publish the books numbered in Chronological order like so:
1. The Magicians Nephew
2. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspian
5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

It's sometimes fun to read it in this order with TMN first too, but I just feel that LWW should be read first. It's up to you, of course, to decide what order you want to read them in, but that's the story.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

That teaser was AMAZING!! Even better than I expected!! So glad to see there are some other Narnia fans who can appreciate this incredible look into the world of narnia. MissShannon, I would love to see us get a whole board dedicated to Narnia... I think a lot of CS Lewis fans will start to come out as it gets closer to the movie release...
Old 05-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think it'd be really awesome to have a Chronicles of Narnia board. I love the books so much, and I think they're such a big part of so many people's childhoods. This movie can only create more fans, I'm hoping!

Are they planning on making movies for the rest of the series?

Old 05-13-2005, 07:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlesInTheSky
I think it'd be really awesome to have a Chronicles of Narnia board. I love the books so much, and I think they're such a big part of so many people's childhoods. This movie can only create more fans, I'm hoping!

Are they planning on making movies for the rest of the series?
i think they will end up doing all of the books (assuming the first one does well, which of course it will!!). i'm not sure which one they would do next, but i would bet on prince caspian. i just think these movies will be HUGE so i would be shocked if they didn't do them all over the next few years.

In term of starting a separate narnia board, i think that's an awesome idea there will be so much news and stuff coming out over the next 6 months, i think we could def. use a separate board... how do we go about creating one?
Old 05-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just watched the trailer again and I keep noticing more things.

For some reason whenever I see the lamp post in the middle of the forest I get so excited!

Old 05-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Passionate Fan

They have added the trailer to Yahoo! movies and updated the movie info page a lot! In fact, they featured it near the bottom of the main Yahoo! Movies page.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808475642
Closed Thread   Post New Thread