Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Total Fan

I am so excited about these movies! I adore the books, and it's been so long since I read them I think I'll need to read them again this summer.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I was reading reviews of the PBS versions and this one was really amusing:

Quote:
I got this last month because I had read the books and wanted to see a film version. None of the Characters look like Lewis described them. Plus the witch looks like a drag queen. The movie is hard to get into and not very captivating, I had to drink quite a few cups of coffee to stay awake through just the first one. I understand that they didn't have as much technoloy as there is now, but the movies could have been made somewhat better. I would suggest watching these, but don't buy them, its a waste of your money!
drag queen...I've never really though of her like that, but who knows? I love reading reviews - they always make me laugh.

Here's one more:

Quote:
The costumes were also very interesting, especially the armour. The animals, however, mostly looked like some sort of college mascots. I had a hard time imagining them as anything other than people in silly Disney costumes. Aslan was just a big stuffed animal.

The acting ranged from BBC quality down to very childish over-acting. Some of the kids are annoying. It is as if you don't know who to slap first the Veruka Salt-ish, bratty ones or the overly zealous ones who can't contain themselves. Oops..I think I know what kind of character C.S. Lewis would portray me as. I wonder who my evil minions would be?
I don't know what's wrong with me but I am sitting here cracking up.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Passionate Fan

There is a new video featurette on this movie:

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=197&dl=2104945

I'm really looking forward to this, but I wish they would update the official website and give us some stuff!
Old 03-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm definitely looking forward to this! I think it's going to be the biggest film of the year. I can't wait for a trailer.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

According to MilliVanilli the new official site is up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by millivanilli
I have seen a few people mention the upcoming Narnia movie in a few threads, so I figured you might enjoy checking this out...

www.narnia.com

I think they must have just put it up because I hadn't seen it before and I have been on the lookout for Narnia info! It has a ton of info on the movie and is really interactive with lots of graphics. Check it out, I'd love to hear what other Narnians think
Looks nice - kind of reminds me of the HP official sites.

ETA - why do they always start with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe? Do they really feel it's more accessible to young people?

Maybe that's true - I wouldn't know - but I rather liked the first book. Explained a lot.

My LJ for Movies

Last edited by shrrshrr; 04-20-2005 at 09:09 PM
Old 04-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Passionate Fan

I personally like the order they usually do them in. I think that The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is good, because you DON'T need to read The Magician's Nephew to understand what's going on. It's basically setting up the whole land of Narnia and telling this wonderful story. Then after you know more and care about the land, the characters, you learn how things came to be. They are taking the indirect approach and I personally think it's effective.

Ok, on the website you have to hover on the Lion image at the top of the screen, click on "The Movie," then click on the Production Room. Took me forever to figure that out!

Last edited by mh67511; 04-21-2005 at 12:49 AM
Old 04-21-2005, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

mh67511 - Yeah, I agree, I just have a personal preference for The Magician's Nephew because I was an adult before I even knew the book existed. The reason - everyone always starts with The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, including my teacher back in 1975 when we first read the story. But it does make sense.

As for the website - I really had no trouble but that's because I'm so familiar with the Harry Potter site. I suspect similar people (or the same team) came up with it since their so similar, and because WB and Disney work together (don't they?).

My LJ for Movies
Old 04-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Extreme Fan

i didn't know they were making these into new movies. i love the old bbc version that i was raised on. it'll take a lot to beat those in my eyes
Old 04-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so excited for this movie!
I think they start with Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe because it's so well known. Not many people would see the Magician's Nephew I think.

I love the BBC versions of them too. They were done extremely well.

Pacey/Joey~Seth/Summer~Lex/Lana~Sawyer/Kate~Nathan/Haley~Charlie/Claire~Jake/Peyton~Hyde/Jackie~Ross/Rachel~Ron/Hermione
Old 04-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait for the release of this film!
Old 04-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlesInTheSky
I love the BBC versions of them too. They were done extremely well.
I did as well! A lot of people didn't care for them, but considering it was a made-for-TV movie and probably done with a very low budget, they turned out well. The only thing that bugged me were Lucy's buck-teeth
Old 04-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

I barely remember the BBC version, but I do remember I had mixed feelings about them. I'm not sure any version could capture what I saw in my mind when I first read the books, you know? But I do remember just being pleased that someone had bothered to try, which is kind of how I feel about this upcoming film(s).

My LJ for Movies
Old 04-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mh67511

The only thing that bugged me were Lucy's buck-teeth
Oh my Gosh, they bugged me also! It was very hard to concentrate when she was on screen. But I seem to remember all the children being decent actors.

Pacey/Joey~Seth/Summer~Lex/Lana~Sawyer/Kate~Nathan/Haley~Charlie/Claire~Jake/Peyton~Hyde/Jackie~Ross/Rachel~Ron/Hermione
Old 04-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah the kids weren't too bad. I'm curious as to whether the beavers and characters like them will be CGI. That will be a little strange, since I'm used to the people in beaver costumes, .

I hope they release a trailer soon -- I've heard it is going to be released in April, but who knows. They BETTER show it before Star Wars!

I'm gonna have to re-read the books again. To be honest I never finished the series! That's always been a bad habit of mine.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Passionate Fan

The trailer is going to be released on May 7th and will be playing before Star Wars; however, they recently showed it at a conference and you can see it at the following link:

http://img-www.theonering.net/movies...niaTrailer.wmv

As far as the trailer, I thought it was ok. I'm sure it will be much better on the big screen, but it just seemed too LoTR'ish. The shot of the castle especially! I also can't get those dang BBC versions out of my head.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread