Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukooh
something found on a movie site today....also coming to dvd????.....'yogen' (aka premonition).....

"Yogen" is a mind-bender like "The Sixth Sense". It's from the producer of "Ringu", Takashige Ichise

Based on a popular 1970s manga by Jiro Tsunoda, It's premise is: A mysterious newspaper that suddenly appears, with an article predicting a horrific death (or deaths) -- and then dissolves into the air. Similarities to the deliverers of fatal tidings in "Ringu" (videotape) and "Chakushin Ari" (<a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=28&k=cell%20phone" onmouseover="window.status='<a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=28&k=cell%20phone" onmouseover="window.status='cell phone'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">cell phone</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">cell phone</a>) are obvious, though the concept behind "Yogen" arguably came first and is certainly the most fantastic.

jap horror/suspense films just scare the hell out of me. i really have no courage to watch em alone which is what i always do.

Last edited by je12_04; 03-17-2005 at 12:10 PM
Old 03-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi....everyone...saturday already......i was talking to my friend, virginia, who manages the art house theater across the street from the universtiy....she told me that they expect to be showing 'oldboy' in the next couple of weeks.......

i have a question about this film.....is it part of a trilogy by the same director? not the same character, but a similiar theme in each film.....at least that's what my friend was telling me......she also said that the first film, in the trilogy, was being remade in the united states with nlcholas cage in the lead?????......i tried to research this and i couldn't find anything on it......i'm just hoping that's she mistaken.......

once again i'm saying say no to any and all remakes......
Old 03-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

oh i am not sure with old boy being part of a trilogy. all i know is that park chan wok made this movie and Sympathy with Mr Vengeance as like a package, so he still has one movie to come out....

to know
me is to love me.

icon credit - mahiwaga at LJ
Old 03-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

I did read that OldBoy was part of a trilogy. I think it was a trilogy about revenge. It was not the dame characters. It were 3 different stories about vengeance. OldBoy was the second of the trilogy.

I haven't heard of the fisrt one being remade in the States with Nicolas Cage as the lead. I haven't heard about it but I wouldn 't be surprised if that happened.

Say no to remakes.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

i have to find that Giant Robot magazine re: Old Boy so i can let you know. i am pretty sure its like a trilogy with revenge as a theme.

and i read about old boy remake. waaah! i hate it really when they remake it coz its not as good anymore.

i havent watched any asian movie, except a lot of filipino movies the past week, which is asian in genre but then, only has very limited release...so i couldnt contribute much. plus i am obsessed with finishing a korean series called Full House , a boxset i've borrowed. so i havent gotten any contributions.

i really have to watch Old Boy, but i might do that sunday or something, after holy week.

to know
me is to love me.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hi

Yesterday, the program for my city's Film Festival was announced. And, besides the complete Infernal Affairs trilogy, other asian movies will be shown.
- There's a korean movie called Sund@y Seoul.
- And a movie directed by Johnnie To, with Andy Lau, whose title I completely forgot. But it's about a couple of thieves.
- There's also a complete retrospective of Jia Zhangke's work, a chinese director.
Did anyone see these movies?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabela
Hi
Did anyone see these movies?
hi..the only film that i've seen that you've mentioned is 'infernal affairs'...

starting this friday...........(from fandango.com)...

Edwards University Town Center 6
4245 Campus Drive, Irvine, CA 92612

Bride & Prejudice (PG-13) 2:30 | 5:10 | 7:50 | 10:20

D.E.B.S. (PG-13) 2:25 | 5:15 | 8:00 | 10:25

Dear Frankie 2:20 | 4:45 | 7:40 | 10:10

Don't Move 2:15 | 5:00 | 7:35 | 10:15

Old Boy 2:05 | 4:55 | 7:55 | 10:30

Steamboy 2:00 | 4:40 | 7:25 | 10:10

i passed on 'steamboy' last week, because it's the dubbed version...nothing else to report...because nothing else has been seen recently...
Old 03-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

i want to watch Oldboy soon

i've been catching up on the romantic comedy Asian flicks, like 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant, My Tutor Friend, Windstruck and My Sassy Girl again.

and i Waterboys

av
Old 03-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei Zhuo

i want to watch Oldboy soon

i've been catching up on the romantic comedy Asian flicks, like 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant, My Tutor Friend, Windstruck and My Sassy Girl again.

and i Waterboys
ei! i 4got to comment on ur post about Waterboys on the other thread. i laughing so hard while watching this film. Satoshi's cute and so funny in this film.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Total Fan

i've seen he was cool... hehehe.. now i have a crush on song seung heun... crap! i can't even get his name right!

haven't seen those movies yet.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

mukooh and anabela - the name of park chan wook's movies are "vengeance trilogy",. i looked it up with the Giant Robot magazine that had his interview. so there is one more movie coming out.

Old Boy will be remade here in US by Justin Lin, who did Better Luck Tomorrow and i didnt like it that much.

Waterboys is a great . funny movie. i love it!

to know
me is to love me.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Question: are Infernal Affairs II & III worth watching?
I know Infernal Affairs I is quite good. But are the sequels any good?
I'm asking this because in my city's film festival there are a lot of movies I'd like to watch. But I can't watch everything. And I only want to see the ones that I really can't miss.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi everyone............will be seeing 'oldboy' at least by tuesday.....maybe as earlier as tonight..... i found roger ebert's review of the film, in his column, on today's date....(linked below)

roger's reveiw. ......beware....spoilers abound......
Old 03-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

marian" who's song seung heun?

anabela: i'm not sure, i've only watched the first one, but from what my teacher told me, ghe thought two was a waste of time, but that's just him

je: yeah, it was funny right? and satoshi is cute

av
Old 03-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

mukooh - i promised myself i will watch my Old Boy copy this weekend.

anabela - oh i know that andy lau movie, its called A world without thieves and its quite good!!! i think i even put in the poster in one of my posts before here...

fla - i rewatched the "sailor moon" scene in Crazy Love/ 100 days with mr. arrogant , and as usual i laughed...;lol:

re: Infernal Affairs II and III - these i have to rewatch coz when i saw it i wasnt really focused, i was sleepy...so i didnt really get it much. but i love Infernal Affairs ....

my co-worker loved seeing Kurosawa's Ikiru and he said tom hanks is to star in the american remake. i haven't seen any news yet of when it is released. i have to see all kurosawa movies, as i loved seven samurai ....

to know
me is to love me.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread