Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

i'm not really a stickler for watching my post i'm not into star posting....but when i look at your posts, at least on this page they all have the same number....
Old 03-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

mukooh=- will see if anyrhing happens to the post numbers...

i have Ashes of Time but havent seen it yet. I also ripped As Tears Go By but yet to see it. i have a lot that i haven't seen from my collection!
plus i have netflx rentals, then i follow a new korean show on tv. crazy!

to know
me is to love me.

icon credit - mahiwaga at LJ
Old 03-09-2005, 02:54 AM
Website Manager

My post count updated on this thread...
Old 03-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

post counts are cool......everyone....alot of this was my fault.....i feel like such a dummie...
Old 03-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hi

I saw OldBoy last night and I liked it a lot. It was pretty well written and directed. It was very interesting and not as violent as I thought it would be.
I liked it, but I still don't know how that movie got the Jury Grand Prix at Cannes when it was competing against Wong Kar Wai's "2046".
Old 03-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

anabela - i think the reason why Old Boy won was coz its so unusual.

then again, whatever WKW makes, we like, so we're biased.

i have 2 asian movies from netflix to watch (yeah right, i havent even watched my collection):

Last Life in the Universe

Visitor Q (Takeshi Miike movie)

to know
me is to love me.

Old 03-11-2005, 02:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

I know I'm biased. If I was in that jury, WKW would have won. I don't care how many jury members I would have to spank. WKW would have won, trust me!

Two asian movies were just released in my country: Zhang Yimou's "House of Flying Daggers" and Tsai Ming-Liang's "Goodbye, Dragon Inn". I should see them soon.
It's so nice when asian movies are released here.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

i haven't watched any of those movies

av
Old 03-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

i saw Last Life in the Universe which i absolutely loved. it doesnt hurt that the japanese actor, Tadanobou Asano, is great. plus christopher doyle on cinematography? omg, i so love him. Takeshi Miike makes a cameo in the movie.

i will never re-watch Visitor Q . Miike is a really dangerous director. i admire him from seeing Ichi The Killer, which was violent enough for me. but Visitor Q? ita a sick movie.i mean sex with your own daughter, then a corpse? really.

to know
me is to love me.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukooh
i'm not really a stickler for watching my post i'm not into star posting....but when i look at your posts, at least on this page they all have the same number....
i think all your posts are updated once u post. i mean, if u post a new one, then all your old posts are updated with the new count.

Isy, i watched City of Glass nights ago. plus points again for Daniel for being cute and speaking english. Leon Lai looks kinda different in that film compared to IF3.

re Visitor Q... what?!?! man, i won't dare watch that film. bloody film caused by killing is ok, but having sex with a relative, much more daughter, it's sick.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Total Fan

lots of movies you mentioned i haven't seen... sheesh! do i sound like Yoda? anyway, i've seen Lovely Rivals.. Korean movie.. very funny.. and touching at the same time.. and Gen x & Gen Y cops... it took me awhile to realize that Paul Rudd was the guy! Sam Lee is freakin' funny!

Visitor Q? man! sounds like a nasty film...
Old 03-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

nothing seen...........but something found....my small contribution to the thread...coming soon 'eros'.........

snyopsis of wong kar wai's segment of the film.....

Wong Kar Wai's "The Hand" is the story of a young tailor's (Chang Chen) long-time unrequited love for a beautiful Hong Kong courtesan (Gong Li). Over many years, he lovingly crafts the clothes that she wears for other men. Over time, the seemingly unattainable fantasy woman loses everything, just as the tailor prospers in his career. Then the unexpected happens...

production photos from the film.... and some smaller posters for 'eros'......

Old 03-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hi

I want to see Eros. But I read really nasty reviews about it. I read that the WKW and the Steven Soderbergh movies aren't that bad but not exactly brilliant. And I read that the Antonioni movie is utter crap.

I just got good news today.
In late April, there will the International Independent Film Festival, in my hometown. And the whole Infernal Affairs trilogy will be shown. I can't wait.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Eros will be released soon on dvd, if i am not mistaken. like either this month or the next...

i havent heard anything of it, so i'll just watch it...

the posters are lovely though.

and wee, anabela , Infernal Affairs!! i love that movie. i just love tony leung. andy lau is great there too, but he's like, great in everything.

to know
me is to love me.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

something found on a movie site today....also coming to dvd????.....'yogen' (aka premonition).....

"Yogen" is a mind-bender like "The Sixth Sense". It's from the producer of "Ringu", Takashige Ichise

Based on a popular 1970s manga by Jiro Tsunoda, It's premise is: A mysterious newspaper that suddenly appears, with an article predicting a horrific death (or deaths) -- and then dissolves into the air. Similarities to the deliverers of fatal tidings in "Ringu" (videotape) and "Chakushin Ari" (cell phone) are obvious, though the concept behind "Yogen" arguably came first and is certainly the most fantastic.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread