Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Brittany Murphy dead at age 32. Report from MSN

Quote:

L.A. Coroner: Brittany Murphy Dead at 32

Dec. 20, 2009, 2:42 PM EST
TheWrap

Actress Brittany Murphy has died, according to the Los Angeles coroner's office.

The 32-year-old actress, who starred in "Clueless" and with Eminem in "8 Mile," was declared dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, according to Selena Barrows, an investigator with the coroner's office.

"We have a preliminary death report of someone with the name of Brittany Murphy," Barrows told TheWrap. The report came from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center at 11 a.m. on Sunday.

The news was first reported by TMZ.com.

TMZ said multiple sources reported that the actress had gone into cardiac arrest and could not be revived on Sunday morning.

Barrows said cardiac arrest could mean any number of things, and was not an indication of the cause of death.

However, Murphy's suspected excessive use of drugs had been the subject of widespread speculation, and was even the subject of a parody sketch on a recent "Saturday Night Live" Weekend Update.

The Los Angeles City Fire Department said a 911 call was made at 8 a.m. from the Los Angeles home of Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack. She was pronounced dead on arrival at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Born in Atlanta, Murphy started acting in regional theater at age 9; by age 13, she had signed with a manager and began appearing in television commercials. Her first roles were on TV series such as "Murphy Brown" and "Parker Lewis Can't Lose," which led to her breakthrough film, 1995's "Clueless."

She had five movies currently in production, including "Poor Things," with Rosario Dawson; "Shrinking Charlotte," with Kathleen Turner; and Sylvester Stallone's "The Expendables," with Stallone, Jet Li and Jason Statham.

In 2005, she signed on as the spokesmodel for Jordache Jeans. She has been named to both FHM's 10 Sexiest Women List, and Maxim's Hot 100.

In 2006, she released the single "Faster Kill Pussycat," which became a club hit on Billboard's Hot Dance Club Play chart. She also covered Queen's "Somebody to Love" and Earth, Wind & Fire's "Boogie Wonderland" for the film "Happy Feet."

She married screenwriter Monjack in 2007; before that, she was engaged to talent manager Jeff Kwatinetz, and production assistant Joe Macaluso. In late 2002, she dated Ashton Kutcher, with who she co-starred int he film "Just Married."

Kutcher late Sunday morning Twittered about Murphy's death: "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon."
Old 12-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Loyal Fan

You where first ^ :]

Its sad news... She was a great actress.. when i first read it i couldn't believe it...
Old 12-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's so insane. I can't believe it.

I feel silly posting this, but it is news. Avatar made 73 million.

Last edited by taovande; 12-20-2009 at 03:27 PM
Old 12-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

It's such a shock when someone so young dies. Especially at Christmas when it's about togetherness and family.

Thoughts and prayers are with her family.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

R.I.P Brittany Murphy

Such shocking news. 2009 has certainly been a tough year for Hollywood. So many talents gone.

She'll be singing with MJ and dancing up a storm with Patrick Swayze now.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo (View Post)
R.I.P Brittany Murphy

Such shocking news. 2009 has certainly been a tough year for Hollywood. So many talents gone.

She'll be singing with MJ and dancing up a storm with Patrick Swayze now.
Aww

This is a shocker, i remember her movies
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 12-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

So sad but honestly, to me it's not much of a surprise.

edit

A lot of her friends and peers in the film industry have been tweeting up a storm. Some very sweet things have been said. You can tell that she was very much loved.

Quote:
Even Hollywood's bubbliest stars are weeping over the sudden death of Clueless actress Brittany Murphy.

And, needless to say, they're Twittering those (often misspelled) tears.

The star's ex-boyfriend, Ashton Kutcher, was one of the first to respond about the "little piece of sunshine," later adding, "see you on the other side, kid."

"My deepest condolences go out to all of Brittany Murphy's loved ones & may she rest in peace," Lindsay Lohan says. "She was a great talent w/a beautiful soul. XO."

"Brittany Murphy was an incredible ray of Light to so many people," tweets Jessica Simpson. "My prayers are with her family and loved ones."

Alyssa Milano, Soleil Moon Frye, Kim Kardashian, Fred Durst and others also contributed their heartfelt thoughts, while some stars felt this tragedy was a call to action.

"Brittney Murphy and I did a USO Tour together in 2003," Milano writes. "She was a sweet soul, with a lot of talent and heart."

Russell Simmons was quick to share a memory of the star before she became a boldface name.

"I met britney murphy before her star rose," he says. "It's tough to find peace in fame. I wish her peace and happiness in her next lifetime."

"My heart aches having just learned of Brittany Murphy's death," Eliza Dushku tweets. "We were friends time-to-time thru the yrs. I always admired her pure spirit."

"Am beyond words by the loss of Brittany Murphy," Frye writes. "I was so blessed to know your grace. My heart goes out to your mama+ loved ones."

"Never met her, but sad to hear about Brittany Murphy," Kevin Smith admits. "G'night, Ms. Murphy; hope you're rollin' with the homies someplace nice."

"I am in shock that Britney Murphy has died! Clueless is my all time favorite movie," Kardashian declares. "My prayers go out to her family & husband."

"RIP Brittney Murphy. What a sweet human being. My prayers are with her friends and family," Durst says.

"Just heard about Brittany Murphy. How very sad," writes Simon Pegg. "Met her briefly after Sin City. Seemed a great girl. My sympathy to her friends and family.

"I am so sad about Brittany Murphy. Too young. She always seemed like she wanted to please everyone," notes Juliette Lewis.

Several celebrities are taking this tragic death as a chance to shed some light on bigger issues in our society.

"Everyone take a minute for the passing of brittany murphy and impress on your kids NOT TO TAKE DRUGS," orders Kelly Killoren Bensimon.

"Britney they say died of cardiac arrest from anorexia. Jesus christ how long before we realize we r too hard on women in this biz," asks Jamie Kennedy.

"Hollywood loses another bright soul....how many more? A decade of decadence and devastation," Josh Groban declares. "Time to wake up."

This is one of the last photos of Brittany and I thought I'd share it. I think she just looks beautiful and so at peace.

Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim

Last edited by jackiehydelover; 12-20-2009 at 06:05 PM
Old 12-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

i'm so shocked! =0 rip brittany murphy so sad! loved her as an actress! she seemed so sweet & kind! my prayers go out to her family & friends!
Old 12-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

2009 sucked! Here's hoping there's not nearly as many deaths in 2010!

I still can't believe the news about Brittany Murphy.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehydelover (View Post)
So sad but honestly, to me it's not much of a surprise.

why is it not a surprise to you.
Sing like no-one's listening.
Live like there's no tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Only the good die young" as a song says R.I.P. Brittany...too young to die.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

I still can't believe Brittany Murphy is gone... I can't process it; it's not supposed to be happening. I even cried. Oh man. What a crazy, sad world.

RIP, Brittany.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynaem (View Post)
why is it not a surprise to you.
Just looking at her from when she started in the industry to her now, she just always looked unhealthy. Whether she ever did drugs or if she had some sort of eating disorder, there had to of been something wrong. And it's not everyday that a seemingly healthy 32 year old woman dies of "natural causes." And honestly, they can't rule anything until an autopsy is done which her husband doesn't want preformed but it will be anyway. But this is just me. I just always felt like there was something wrong with her.
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 12-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

I'm shocked at her death, she was so young. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Coroner: Brittany Murphy's Death Appears "Natural" - E! Online

tmz is also saying she was just at the hospital---she was suffering an illness that was causing her to throw up also---she was given meds for it.

Murphy Sick and Vomiting Just Before She Died | TMZ.com

also, in weird news late November, her husband was rushed to the hospital

Brittany Murphy's Hubby Rushed to Hospital | TMZ.com

Last edited by taovande; 12-21-2009 at 02:28 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread