Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I tried to read the books, but I just found the show so much more superior
I liked the first four seasons, Rita, but after that the show went downhill. Alan Ball leaving didn't help, but by season 5, True Blood just wasn't fun anymore. And I do appreciate fans of the books disliking how the Eric/Sookie relationship got downplayed in favor of Bill/Sookie, who were no longer a couple by the third book. It was pretty much Eric/Sookie from then on, and Bill was mostly a recurring side character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
some shows are yes

i find now most of these movies/books are "based" or loosly based on the books they are never exactly alike so i tend to like them on their own
I would agree with you, Petra, if it were not for the basic flaw in the MCU that I've already specified to you. Let me repeat for the one millionth time:

Year that Edgar Wright's Ant-Man script went into production with Artisan Entertainment: 2004.

Kevin Feige on Edgar Wright's Ant-Man script: "It just wasn't working."

Evangeline Lily on Edgar Wright's Ant-Man script: "Edgar's script didn't fit in the MCU."

Joss Whedon on why Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne were cut from the Avengers movies: "Edgar had him(Hank) first."

Founding members of the Avengers: Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Tony Stark, Thor, Bruce Banner.

Longest serving members of the Avengers, 1964-present day: Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Tony Stark, Thor, Steve Rogers.

Longest serving leaders of the Avengers: Steve Rogers, Janet Van Dyne.

Ultron's creator: Hank Pym.

Character with the most identities in the Avengers: Hank Pym - Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket.

Number of Marvel Comics Hope Van Dyne has appeared in: None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Reasons for Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne being omitted from the Avengers movies and made into old people: Edgar Wright, Edgar Wright, Edgar Wright, Edgar Wright, Edgar Wright, and Edgar Wright.

Number of MCU movies that Edgar Wright made: Zero. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Reason Edgar Wright gave for quitting the Ant-Man film: "I wanted to make a Marvel movie, but they didn't want to make an Edgar Wright movie."

Any questions, ladies? This isn't a case of the movies being different from the comics, this is a case of a complete cluster fk up.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I tried to read the books, but I just found the show so much more superior
Yeah, the Sookie Stackhouse books were crap. True Blood was a work of art.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I liked the first four seasons, Rita, but after that the show went downhill. Alan Ball leaving didn't help, but by season 5, True Blood just wasn't fun anymore. And I do appreciate fans of the books disliking how the Eric/Sookie relationship got downplayed in favor of Bill/Sookie, who were no longer a couple by the third book. It was pretty much Eric/Sookie from then on, and Bill was mostly a recurring side character.
The show was great to the end, Eric/Sookie sucked and Bill was the best character on the show.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Yeah, the Sookie Stackhouse books were crap. True Blood was a work of art.The show was great to the end, Eric/Sookie sucked and Bill was the best character on the show.
Did you read them all, sum1?

Well, I did like the show right up until season 4, including the Bill/Sookie storyline. The Jason/Jessica paring was actually my favorite. I'd wanted the show to pair them up since season 1, and since Jessica is an original character that isn't from the books I figured there's no canon to follow with her. I never liked her being paired with Hoyt. But the show eventually screwed that up.

I didn't like what they did with Bill's character after season 4, sum1. That whole Lilith thing just turned me off and made me dislike his character after that. Also, I felt the storyline after season 4 became a mess. If you liked it, then that's okay, I guess.

But as I said, I do sympathize with fans of the books who disliked how the show deviated from the storyline.

Also, Rita and Petra, The Lord of The Rings, The Hunger Games, and the Harry Potter movies for the most part stuck to the books and only changed minor things. Not having Hank and Janet in the Avengers is like not having Katniss and Peeta in The Hunger Games, or Aragorn and Arwen in The Lord of the Rings, or Ron and Hermione in the Harry Potter movies, or Scott and Jean in the X-Men, or Reed and Susan in the Fantastic Four.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I read enough of them to get a good idea what trash they were.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay. I never read them, so I can't comment. But the posters on the True Blood board apparently were pretty passionate about them, and couldn't stop criticizing the show.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, that board really pissed me off. I started an Eric Unappreciation thread there and beat him up.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Jessica
Old 06-14-2019, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wasn't Jessica a great character, Rita?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Yeah, that board really pissed me off. I started an Eric Unappreciation thread there and beat him up.
Wow, really? That was you? I saw the Bill/Sookie unappreciation thread there.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I would have rather joined the Bill/Sookie Unappreciation Thread.

Jessica was amazing in every way! I admired her loyalty the most. I really didn't like Bill, but she could make him acceptable for me. And of course there was all that hotness
Old 06-14-2019, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What did you think of Jason/Jessica, Rita?

And we're getting a bit off topic here.

I'll post some IT Chapter Two stuff later.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Jason and Jessica was meant to be!
Old 06-14-2019, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Jason and Jessica was meant to be!
Thank you!

They were both such adorable southern goofballs I thought they were made for each other.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Bill was the best character in True Blood.

Jessica and Jason were great characters, but I didn't have a preference for their ship over Jessica/Hoyt. I got used to her with Hoyt first.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Bill was boring till Billith
Old 06-15-2019, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I see, sum1. Well, I actually wanted Jessica to get with Jason long before she met Hoyt, but to each his own.

Ugh, I hated the Billith thing. That's where things went off the rails for me.