Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

it gets me depressed when I hear crazy politician stories...our country is in bad shape... I say that in every survey

looks like like rain tomorrow when i go to the movies...albeit...its a FREE movie
Old 04-04-2019, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

More rain, Dave? I'm sorry. What movie are you seeing now?
Old 04-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

it's FREE....Hopefully a 2D Shazaam movie or Dumbo by default... Free promo offer expires toorrow
Old 04-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's great, Dave! I'd see Shazam. It's getting good reviews.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If its in 2D...I'll see Shazaam for FREE...one site said the theater had it in 2 D and another site said it didn't
Old 04-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, I hope you do, then.

I'm still hoping the time travel gimmick in Endgame allows for young Hank and Janet to be in the Avengers movies. They can't keep them out forever. Janet is the main Wasp, and they're damaging her legacy with non-comic fans with this "Hope" crap.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I may not be on much tomorrow then

Not sure if they will bring those two on the screen or not Alex.... they don't want to time travel that far.... maybe just before his daughter gets killed or something.... I heard Loki's gonna stay dead though.... hope not.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aw, okay. I hope I see you later then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I may not be on much tomorrow then

Not sure if they will bring those two on the screen or not Alex.... they don't want to time travel that far.... maybe just before his daughter gets killed or something.... I heard Loki's gonna stay dead though.... hope not.
They have to eventually, Dave. Hank and Janet are two of the longest serving Avengers in the comics. It wouldn't make sense to not have them in the movies at all. What is Marvel supposed to do, retire the characters in the comics permanently because MCU fans have no idea they're supposed to be in the Avengers? And just for Edgar Wright? I'm getting sick of that British interloper being responsible for screwing up so much of Marvel canon.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

oh...I didn't know it was a British dude that screw up the MCU for you sorry about that

the Joker and Suicide Squad 2 are a little screwed up for me.... especially if Harley Quinn is in neither one
Old 04-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Dave. I thought I told you that Edgar Wright originally wrote his Ant-Man script in 2004 as a comedy-heist film that had nothing to do with the Avengers. That's why he focused on Scott Lang and made Hank an old man instead of a young, present day superhero. In the comics, Hank changed identities from Ant-Man to Giant Man, and then to Yellowjacket, which is why Scott was able to become the new Ant-Man because Hank wasn't using the identity anymore, but he was still in the Avengers. Edgar's script was never meant for MCU inclusion, but it got grandfathered in and then Edgar quit because he didn't want to change his movie to fit the MCU. So now we have Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne, and the point is we didn't need either of them. Hank and Janet fit the Avengers storyline better since they are founding members. Hope doesn't even exist in the comics, so this whole situation is BS.

I'm not a fan of Suicide Squad either.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't know Edgar was a Brit...lol....I like Paul Rudd but I always saw Paul Rudd better performing in comedies and dramas.....

yes...you mentioned all those things a few times... I just don't get sad or angry b/c any version of AntMan isn't my favorite.... now if they ruin Capt America...I'll be mad...although if he dies to save Reality...I'll be OK with that
Old 04-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I didn't know Edgar was a Brit...lol....I like Paul Rudd but I always saw Paul Rudd better performing in comedies and dramas.....

yes...you mentioned all those things a few times... I just don't get sad or angry b/c any version of AntMan isn't my favorite.... now if they ruin Capt America...I'll be mad...although if he dies to save Reality...I'll be OK with that
You didn't know Edgar was a Brit? I thought it would've been obvious after his British comedies, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. I agree about Paul Rudd, but that's why Edgar originally hired him, because his Ant-Man was gonna be a comedy, not an MCU movie.

Well, I think that Hank and Janet deserve to have their due on screen, Dave. Captain America and Iron Man's legacies are secure, but Hank and Janet deserved better than what they got.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alex, the way you talk it's like you think Hank and Jan are real people.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Rave/ Rant - Sum... Alex is a 10/10 aka Extreme fan of his buddies Hank and Janet from Marvel; nothing wrong with that ... it's all good. CW ruined the Flash series for me a little... I'm still a fan...it's more 8/10 fan rating now - mainly for cartoon movies and I still like Grant on CW

If Alex had to pull a Goosebumps...he'd pick Hank/ Janet to come alive out of his comics...I'd pick Flash...who would you pick Sum and Sarah
Old 04-06-2019, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the support, Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Alex, the way you talk it's like you think Hank and Jan are real people.
Well, remember what I told you about Jim Shooter, sum1? Jim told Stan Lee about the hate mail he was getting from fans because of the storyline involving Hank's mental breakdown after that laboratory accident gave him dissociative identity disorder and schizophrenia. Stan asked him how the sales were going, and Jim said that they had increased by 1000 copies per issue, and fans were really concerned about Hank and Janet "as if they were real people." So I'm not the only one who sees these characters as something other than lifeless objects to be exploited. Of course, that's when Stan Lee said those fateful words to Shooter: "Then keep doing what you're doing, and ignore the mail." Well, we all know how that ended.