Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

X-Men Rant/Vent #14: The MCU is giving us plenty to rant about.

Quote:
This thread is going to be used for people to rant and vent about the movie or the comics or the cartoon. Was there something in the movies that frustrated or annoyed you? Did you want to see a storyline go in a different direction? Are you upset that Scott died in the movie? Well then, this is the right thread for you!

However, before you start to rant there are some rules that have to be kept. If people break the rules over and over again, and don't listen to the warnings, this thread will be closed down. So, please be respectful and if you don't have anything nice to say then it's better if you just take a deep breath, and see how it goes from there.

REMINDERS:

1. DON'T BASH THE MOVIE PRODUCERS/WRITERS ETC.
2. DON'T BASH OTHER POSTERS
3. DON'T BASH THE ACTORS/ACTRESSES. SAME GOES FOR BASHING OTHER CHARACTERS - JUST DON'T.
4. DON'T BRING IN POSTS FROM OTHER THREADS/BOARDS/FORUMS JUST SO THAT YOU CAN BASH THE POSTER, AND HER/HIS OPINIONS.

Have fun & play nice.
Previous thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f135/x-men-r...19-a-63217873/
Old 03-09-2019, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

title on point
Old 03-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
title on point
Thanks, Rita.

Reposting from the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
Hate the explanation for Fury's eye. And they apparently wasted Ronan again; why even bother bringing him back?

What do you guys think about the Avengers being named after Carol?
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Are they fing kidding me? Janet Van Dyne named the Avengers! WTF, Marvel? Do you guys just hate The Wasp?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
The MCU is not looking good. Just in time for the X-Men to join it.
Quote:
oh hell
Old 03-10-2019, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

cold and windy today... decided not to go out... was out yesterday though
Old 03-10-2019, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

good decision!
Old 03-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Windy here too.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It rained where I am. Had to walk to work in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
cold and windy today... decided not to go out... was out yesterday though
Good idea, Dave.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Last week, Karen Bradley, the UK Secretaty of State For Northern Ireland, came out with a statement that when British forces had killed people in Northern Ireland it wasn't a crime it was people doing their duty and it was "dignified and appropriate." British forces in Northern Ireland in the '70s murdered Irish people in cold blood in massacres like Bloody Sunday II and the Ballymurphy Massacre. Either Karen Bradley is positively genocidal or else she's the dumbest, most ignorant, most insensitive person in these islands. Now she claims she didn't mean it. If so, why did she say it in first place?! If anything sums up the British authorities' attitude towards Ireland in a nutshell it's this incident. It seems they put somebody in charge of Northern Ireland who knows nothing about the place and couldnt care less. Last year the British Prime Minister Theresa May told EU leader Donald Tusk that "The UK is a much more important country than Ireland." I'm sick of this sh.

Last edited by sum1; 03-10-2019 at 03:43 PM
Old 03-10-2019, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, man. I didn't know much about the Northern Ireland stuff when I was a kid, but I later read about some of that bad stuff. Yeah, it does seem like this is just the UK sticking it to you all over again.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

you will probably be really angry with me for saying this sum1, but I think it's well time for the Irish people to take a conscious decision, forget the past and start over.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
you will probably be really angry with me for saying this sum1, but I think it's well time for the Irish people to take a conscious decision, forget the past and start over.
We tried that and then Britain pulled Brexit on us. And we've spent the past year getting comments like "The Irish need to know their place" and "The Irish need to get over themselves" from British politicians and media. We're facing now the same British prejudices we faced in the past and it's affecting Brexit. Britain threatens to ruin our country with the Brexit, so this isn't about the past, this is about now. And Bradley's remarks are relevant to how the British government is handling the issue of the Nothern border in Brexit, so it's all very much presently relevant.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I was hoping that the Brexit carry on will bring with it wishes for Irish unification
Old 03-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, not getting into this particular discussion.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I was hoping that the Brexit carry on will bring with it wishes for Irish unification
We'll see.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Politics today just sucks in general. I miss the 80s.