Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think they could do the She-Hulk right onscreen, as I've said elsewhere, but I'd like a good Hulk film in the tradition of his portrayal in the Avengers and Thor films. Nothing like the 2008 Ed Norton one, thank you. What we got in Thor Ragnarok seems to be right on (I haven't seen it yet, but I've seen trailers and heard about it). I would like a nice Hulk vs Wolverine fight. Wolverine's first appearance was in a fight against the Hulk.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So any new movies being talked of do we have all dates for confirmed movies coming
Old 12-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I've heard about that, LightYears. The poster we had visit here named poet87 wanted to open up a separate thread about this issue, but it really belongs here on this thread. But it only confirms a lot of the issues I've had with Singer for a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
So any new movies being talked of do we have all dates for confirmed movies coming
Just some new links for Dark Phoenix that I've posted on the Dark Phoenix thread, Sarah.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

, I'd hoped the allegations against Singer weren't true, but this puts it in a different light. However that poster wanted us to stop watching X-Men films altogether because of the allegations, and I disagree with that. The X-Men franchise is bigger than Bryan Singer and anyway I don't necessarily write off an artist's art if they do something rotten. I still watch Roman Polanski films, for example -Chinatown, The Pianist, Frantic, for example. Lots of major people in the arts have been horrible people in real life. If we wrote off all their work we'd be without many great works of art and we'd lose a lot of the heritage of the human race.

Last edited by sum1; 12-08-2017 at 07:58 PM
Old 12-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know what you mean, sum1. And yes, I did agree that we shouldn't just condemn the X-franchise or stop watching the films just because of one guy. Should we stop watching Quentin Tarantino movies because Harvey Weinstein produced them? poet87 also wanted a separate thread opened up just for this topic, but I felt that it would've been unfair without more corroborative evidence against Singer, and even then that this thread would still be more appropriate for this discussion. I asked Sarah about creating a separate thread for Bryan Singer, but she never got back to me on that.

Wow, I had forgotten about Frantic, sum1. That was with Harrison Ford, right? I saw that, but it seemed like a standard Hitchcock-style movie to me. I never liked any of Polanski's films other than Chinatown, which is one of my favorite film noir movies(or neo-noir, or whatever). But I felt that it was more because of Robert Towne's excellent screenplay than Polanski. I think a number of directors could've done just as well with that script. But yeah, I'm not gonna stop watching Chinatown just because Polanski is a contemptible human being who drugged and raped a 13 year old girl. And speaking of Hitchcock, he's another one whose indiscretions are not gonna make me enjoy his films any less. Yes, I know you're not a Hitchcock fan, sum1. But I personally rank Psycho, The Birds, Rear Window, North By Northwest, Vertigo, and The Man Who Knew Too Much as some of my favorite films of all time, and I'm not going to allow Hitchcock's own flaws and sexual misconduct ruin that for me. What he did to Tippi Hedren - sexually harassing her and ruining her career when she refused to return his advances - was reprehensible. Now, it's not quite the same as what Polanski did, because Hedren was an adult actress who was a victim of harassment, which is really bad, but raping a 13 year old is far worse. But both men were part of a culture in Hollywood that unfortunately persisted to this day.

As for Singer... well, I've had my own issues with him regarding his treatment of the X-Men franchise, or lack thereof. I believe that the X-Men franchise is in much more capable hands now, and that Singer's involvement should end. But we shouldn't let his past involvement taint the franchise in any way. I still love Days of Future Past, and I'm going to let Singer just gracefully exit the X-Men franchise so we can move forward, but I also hope he's eventually held accountable if these allegations turn out to be true. Singer is apparently going to fight them, but let's wait and see what happens.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I don't give a who produces films, as long as it's not Hitler. I even watch films done by Icon, Mel Gibson's company.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Honestly I don't give a who produces films, as long as it's not Hitler. I even watch films done by Icon, Mel Gibson's company.
Damn. Okay. I actually haven't watched a Mel Gibson film since Braveheart and Lethal Weapon 4, but not because of him. His stuff just hasn't interested me.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I try to avoid his acting and directing, but I don't try to avoid his production company.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know if ICON has made anything I've watched recently.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/12/fox-...t-sources.html
Old 12-13-2017, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the article.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the article, dragonfire! Now comes the hard part. How to retcon the entire MCU to include the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and the Avengers. And to make Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne young so they can be in the Avengers.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool," said Iger. "As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...merger-1067651