Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2017, 03:01 PM
I am a basketball genius!

The 1st 1 was Rated ''PG-13'', but yes the 2nd I think was aimed at getting a younger audience though the Silver Surfer itself looked cool & was perhaps the best part of the that film.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

The first one was rated PG or younger in most countries. Both were aimed primarily at a younger audience. That much was evident from the style and mentality of the films. The Silver Surfer was messed up in the second one. They made his power in his board rather than in himself, which was ridiculous.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Well, were you a fan of the Fantastic 4 films to begin with? I've seen the ones with Jessica Alba, but not the more recent 1. The 2 I saw were OK, but generally not on my list of favorite films based on comic books. I don't mind this change much, though I'm also not a reader of Fantastic 4 comics.

Why do you think Loki needs a solo film I'm curious? Similar to Fantastic 4 I'm not a big Thor reader either.
Oh yeah, I was a fan of the Fantastic 4 movies. Actually I was very pissed off when Chris Evans went off to be Captain America instead of Torch. (But I guess I forgave him now). I was also very pissed off when they recast the whole thing and reiterated everything just a few years later

As for Loki, sum is correct, though I do think it general that villains/anti-heroes should get a lot more movies. Heroes are just plain boring a lot.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Oh yeah, I was a fan of the Fantastic 4 movies. Actually I was very pissed off when Chris Evans went off to be Captain America instead of Torch. (But I guess I forgave him now). I was also very pissed off when they recast the whole thing and reiterated everything just a few years later
I could be wrong but I think Evans called the first 2 movies garbage. And I think those movies was why he hesitated on playing Captain America. Really I believe playing Cap really helped Evans's career. Fox only did that so the rights wouldn't reversed, they only make FF movies when it comes time for the rights to reversed. Honestly that may end being Fox's downfall. 'Fantastic Four' Flop Blamed for 21st Century Fox Missing Revenue Targets
Old 08-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ interesting analysis. thanks for the article.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I could be wrong but I think Evans called the first 2 movies garbage. And I think those movies was why he hesitated on playing Captain America. Really I believe playing Cap really helped Evans's career. Fox only did that so the rights wouldn't reversed, they only make FF movies when it comes time for the rights to reversed. Honestly that may end being Fox's downfall. 'Fantastic Four' Flop Blamed for 21st Century Fox Missing Revenue Targets
Thanks for that info, dragonfire. I honestly wish Fox would just let FF go back to Marvel so they can focus more on X-Men. It's not like they're really gonna do anything with FF in the X-Men universe.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks for that info, dragonfire. I honestly wish Fox would just let FF go back to Marvel so they can focus more on X-Men. It's not like they're really gonna do anything with FF in the X-Men universe.
No problem. That won't happen until the Mouse whips out the checkbook. Plus it seems FOX may still be salty, about Disney buying Star Wars, from Lucas before they could themselves. I think when FOX announced a release date for Fail Four 2, it wasn't long until Disney announced VIII would be released close to FF2. And after that FOX moved FF2 to another date.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

What FF2? I heard they were doing a Doctor Doom movie, not another Fantastic Farce movie.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Fox will pull anything out of thier ass in desperation to keep the rights (even though they don't care about the FF) so I expect to hear any stupid idea come out about another film.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
What FF2? I heard they were doing a Doctor Doom movie, not another Fantastic Farce movie.
I think this was back in 2016. And I also think it was the same day, Disney/Marvel announced Michael B. Jordan would be playing in Black Panther. I guess that was MBJ's way of telling FOX he wouldn't be in the sequel. Plus if what I read was true, than it's no wonder why Sony went close to bankrupt. I mean Mary-Jane&Gwen combing with the Symbiotes? And mud-wrestling each other?
Old 08-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I could imagine a Doom 2099 movie, but a Doctor Doom movie?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_2099
Thanks.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Fox will pull anything out of thier ass in desperation to keep the rights (even though they don't care about the FF) so I expect to hear any stupid idea come out about another film.
Yep. Maybe they will have the FF in high school. They could call it Fantastic Four Prom.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was sort of afraid that Fox might make the FF mutants to fit them into their X-Men universe. I think they should just let the rights go back to Marvel. They're not gonna do anything with them anyway.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I wouldn't necessarily mind them in the mix, but I still think they should have their own movies, more screen time that way
Old 08-05-2017, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Don't think they'll do anything either.