Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-14-2020, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, but it's still kind of pointless in this case. It goes nowhere. You've got the existing moves and tv and you've got the original comics. Pick from that.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey, one day someone might decide to reboot all this crap. Who knows? They might retcon the last three Star Wars movies as well.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe, but it won't likely be in way that you'll like. The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy was supposed to get Star Wars back on track after the Prequels, but it actually did more damage than the Prequels. Be careful what you wish for.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, that's only because that idiot George Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney and then regretted it later. I swear he's getting senile. That would never have happened if he kept Lucasfilm at Fox.

And again, I wish that Fox had bought out Marvel entirely in the 1990s and not just X-Men and Fantastic Four.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:21 AM
New Fan

This same animator wants to rewrite the new Star Wars Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, that's only because that idiot George Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney and then regretted it later. I swear he's getting senile. That would never have happened if he kept Lucasfilm at Fox.

And again, I wish that Fox had bought out Marvel entirely in the 1990s and not just X-Men and Fantastic Four.
Do you know, the animator for the Marvel anime, wants to rewrite her own third trilogy for Star Wars, AND... bring in the fans! This is a bit of a distant project, but she said she would soon announce that, and that project will have other animators working on it. I bet cash money, it'll be far superior to everything Disney's done concerning the last three movies.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMikey (View Post)
Do you know, the animator for the Marvel anime, wants to rewrite her own third trilogy for Star Wars, AND... bring in the fans! This is a bit of a distant project, but she said she would soon announce that, and that project will have other animators working on it. I bet cash money, it'll be far superior to everything Disney's done concerning the last three movies.
Wow, really? That sounds awesome. I know I'd love for a trilogy to use some elements from the books, like Luke's wife, Mara Jade Skywalker.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:39 PM
New Fan

Ms. Loki's Star Wars Trilogy

Quote:
Wow, really? That sounds awesome. I know I'd love for a trilogy to use some elements from the books, like Luke's wife, Mara Jade Skywalker.
YES, and once again, she wants fan involvement with the development of her Star Wars Trilogy. From what I know of her plot, Luke and Mara has a child (an OC) who's future generation who succumbed to the Dark Side. He becomes the most powerful Sith Lord in the history of the Sith, however, fate forces him on a path to help him seek Luke Skywalker in the Force. In this, he has to let go of his darkness and embrace light. A young, rebellious female Jedi Knight (in training) is the key for him to uncover the secrets of his mysterious past.

THAT alone is better than this last trilogy lol
Old 05-17-2020, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's great that she has Luke and Mara in her trilogy! I was pissed that JJ Abrams disregarded the novels and comics entirely. Even Lucas said that the novels "weren't canon," but many of them were a lot better than what we got from the new movies.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMikey (View Post)
Hi people!

I had already created a thread discussing something similar, but a mod informed me this is a better thread for said discussion.

I'd like to know from comic fans, what are some ideas YOU would have, as for what would make a good Phoenix story?

I am a part of two projects, one is an RPG, and the other being an anime series. In the RP, there's been a lot of tension over how to handle the Phoenix Saga. The admins have reached a decision, one that... hasn't entirely settled with all the members. The Jean Grey fans (well not all of them) are highly dissatisfied and have now demanded that we scrap the decision.

The vote went to a suggestion from an animator, who is working on a fan collab anime Marvel series. She offered her story, to which in short, uses the Phoenix Saga to introduce a new (and newly born) Cosmic Entity, who is too powerful to combat, even for the Phoenix. In need of a powerful host, the newborn Cosmic Entity finds one of the X-Men as the perfect host. His Mutant powers makes him the only Mutant fully compatible with the Cosmic Entity, granting it (or "him" as this X-Man) exceptional power over Creation itself. It needs its One True Host, so it/he may complete his mysterious mission, and find its place in the Cosmos.

The Phoenix urgently returns to Jean to combat the only rival it ever had, and... the only being the Phoenix actually fears. According to the animator, this Cosmic Entity is the only thing the Phoenix fears, due to a hidden ability it has; the Phoenix especially fears that bonded with such Mutant, he'll cause the Entity to unlock its true potential (a very creative power). this dynamic between Phoenix Jean and the fully Cosmically possessed X-Man, puts incredible strain on the X-Men, and they feel so helpless as their cosmically charged teammates fight, due to cosmic rivals over power.

The vote went to this story cuz it should have satisfied all sides. Many members didn't like Jean Grey to begin with, while others didn't mind her presence, but wanted someone else, NON-Grey related to be the Phoenix. Then of course, there were the Grey fans who demanded Jean be Phoenix still. I personally wanted the Phoenix to have a new One True Host, however... this other story is so awesome, seeing a new Cosmic Entity possessing this particular X-Man, and he's wielding these insane powers... I'm good. Jean remaining as Phoenix no longer matters to me. Plus, this gives Jean something actually COOL to do, and I like the idea of the Phoenix being challenged.

What story or plot idea would YOU suggest, that would... satisfy such a picky crowd?
LOL what a way to skirt around spoilers. XD

I am glad to have shared my ideas with you all, hopefully more ideas and stories for the X-Men could be developed here as well
Old 05-21-2020, 10:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am the animator in question

So... this is the link I was actually forwarded, and saw lots of discussion here in regards to the Phoenix lol

Yes I came up with some ideas, and I'm WELCOMING ideas too! I'll be honest, of all the plots that are being created and received for the animated project, this one thing IS kinda my baby, as in its the only story in which I'm the primary contributor and writer.

But whatever you all had in mind, wanted to talk about, envision as far as a better Phoenix story... let's do it!
Old 05-21-2020, 11:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It's great that she has Luke and Mara in her trilogy! I was pissed that JJ Abrams disregarded the novels and comics entirely. Even Lucas said that the novels "weren't canon," but many of them were a lot better than what we got from the new movies.
LOL YES, I have a Star Wars trilogy series idea in mind, and like Marvelous Toons, it is also supposed to be fan oriented.

Currently I'm studying photorealistic CG technology, to create animations that look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9gyYnjOD-k

This is for advanced game engineering, its what I'm in school for. I personally would like to collect some of my buddies after our certification, and use our skills to put together an epic, Star Wars fan collab trilogy
Old 05-22-2020, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the board.

However we discourage people from posting multiple posts in a row one right after the other. The approved practice is to edit your new post material into your previous post using the edit button at the bottom of the post.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Welcome to the board.

However we discourage people from posting multiple posts in a row one right after the other. The approved practice is to edit your new post material into your previous post using the edit button at the bottom of the post.
My apologizes. I hadn't realized I was posting that much. I was also trying to find the threads in which an acquaintance of mine claimed he was discussing my story vaguely to fans that may want to participate in the developing fan created Marvel Universe.

LOL but I'll wait a moment before posting anything else
Old 05-22-2020, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hello, and welcome to the board! Yes, Fan Forum has a rule about double posting or triple posting. We're not allowed to post several times in a row. Each person must wait for someone else to post after them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousToons (View Post)
So... this is the link I was actually forwarded, and saw lots of discussion here in regards to the Phoenix lol

Yes I came up with some ideas, and I'm WELCOMING ideas too! I'll be honest, of all the plots that are being created and received for the animated project, this one thing IS kinda my baby, as in its the only story in which I'm the primary contributor and writer.

But whatever you all had in mind, wanted to talk about, envision as far as a better Phoenix story... let's do it!

That's cool! What are some of your ideas? GMikey already shared some of his ideas about how to do a better Dark Phoenix story.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

i need to watch this again, it's been a while. rest in peace, Raven.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave