Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Last time he vanished into Rogue.
How the hell did he do that? And did Gambit get to see it?
Old 12-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rogue absorbed him, the whole of him.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds sexy. How did Simon make it back? And didn't she kinda already do that to Carol Danvers?
Old 12-14-2019, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

No she didn't. Danvers was still physically intact separate from Rogue after Rogue absorbed her.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I know, but still, this whole absorbing another hero just seems "been there, done that." And how did Simon make it back? He's pure ionic energy, so she can't hold him for long.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Look it up, don't ask me.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:51 AM
New Fan

How to make an awesome phoenix saga

Hi people!

I had already created a thread discussing something similar, but a mod informed me this is a better thread for said discussion.

I'd like to know from comic fans, what are some ideas YOU would have, as for what would make a good Phoenix story?

I am a part of two projects, one is an RPG, and the other being an anime series. In the RP, there's been a lot of tension over how to handle the Phoenix Saga. The admins have reached a decision, one that... hasn't entirely settled with all the members. The Jean Grey fans (well not all of them) are highly dissatisfied and have now demanded that we scrap the decision.

The vote went to a suggestion from an animator, who is working on a fan collab anime Marvel series. She offered her story, to which in short, uses the Phoenix Saga to introduce a new (and newly born) Cosmic Entity, who is too powerful to combat, even for the Phoenix. In need of a powerful host, the newborn Cosmic Entity finds one of the X-Men as the perfect host. His Mutant powers makes him the only Mutant fully compatible with the Cosmic Entity, granting it (or "him" as this X-Man) exceptional power over Creation itself. It needs its One True Host, so it/he may complete his mysterious mission, and find its place in the Cosmos.

The Phoenix urgently returns to Jean to combat the only rival it ever had, and... the only being the Phoenix actually fears. According to the animator, this Cosmic Entity is the only thing the Phoenix fears, due to a hidden ability it has; the Phoenix especially fears that bonded with such Mutant, he'll cause the Entity to unlock its true potential (a very creative power). this dynamic between Phoenix Jean and the fully Cosmically possessed X-Man, puts incredible strain on the X-Men, and they feel so helpless as their cosmically charged teammates fight, due to cosmic rivals over power.

The vote went to this story cuz it should have satisfied all sides. Many members didn't like Jean Grey to begin with, while others didn't mind her presence, but wanted someone else, NON-Grey related to be the Phoenix. Then of course, there were the Grey fans who demanded Jean be Phoenix still. I personally wanted the Phoenix to have a new One True Host, however... this other story is so awesome, seeing a new Cosmic Entity possessing this particular X-Man, and he's wielding these insane powers... I'm good. Jean remaining as Phoenix no longer matters to me. Plus, this gives Jean something actually COOL to do, and I like the idea of the Phoenix being challenged.

What story or plot idea would YOU suggest, that would... satisfy such a picky crowd?
Old 05-11-2020, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jean Grey has been retconned and re-retconned too many times. Personally I think the Phoenix force should never have been invented.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:49 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Jean Grey has been retconned and re-retconned too many times. Personally I think the Phoenix force should never have been invented.
I personally have no problem with the Phoenix Force as an idea... the problem is, how its been handled over the years. I feel it never should have been so overly associated with just Jean Grey. Something like this concept should have other journeys with other key mutant hosts, and no "one true host" and all that ****. And at that, only a FEW. The Phoenix should be treated as something very reserved and special occasion in these story-lines. Too much of it, makes it not so special anymore.

I do like how this proposed story goes as, it focuses on developing a REASON for Jean and Phoenix's relationship, but also brings us something fresh and new, with a new Cosmic Being, possessing one of the coolest, most badass X-Man, so I can't WAIT to see what his cosmic adventure would look like.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

See, I actually agree with both of you. I'm tired of all the Jean/Phoenix stuff as well, but I also think that they need not be tied together all the time. I wouldn't mind the Phoenix being autonomous from Jean as a separate entity. Although not like what they did with Avengers vs. X-Men, which got a bit ridiculous.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:00 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
See, I actually agree with both of you. I'm tired of all the Jean/Phoenix stuff as well, but I also think that they need not be tied together all the time. I wouldn't mind the Phoenix being autonomous from Jean as a separate entity. Although not like what they did with Avengers vs. X-Men, which got a bit ridiculous.
I rly should send this forum to the animator I've spoken of. She's looking for others with ideas, while having ideas of her own that are... pretty awesome on their own. I honestly would love to see this concept realized in the right kind of manner, then it would be SOOOO awesome like, finally!
Old 05-12-2020, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMikey (View Post)
I rly should send this forum to the animator I've spoken of. She's looking for others with ideas, while having ideas of her own that are... pretty awesome on their own. I honestly would love to see this concept realized in the right kind of manner, then it would be SOOOO awesome like, finally!
I hope you do. I hoped that this forum would be more well known outside of this site.

I've been doing the same thing to pretty much the entire MCU. Rearranging and rewriting the whole thing.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Something I never felt there was much point in doing.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Something I never felt there was much point in doing.
Hey, it doesn't cost one any time or money to use one's imagination.