Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

I agree with this title I doubt I would say no if the opportunity came along, but I'm very independent and more than happy enough to what I want when I want to.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Violent Delights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

being single can be awesome!

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

I tried my hand at dating in college...the longest lasted about 2 months, but I was his rebound girl and obviously that's never a good person to be.

I'm convinced relationships just aren't for me. I'll just be a crazy cat lady, I guess.

Sometimes I think about online dating again (I tried that too), but I'm not sure that's for me, either. I didn't have any horror stories, though I did meet some...errr...interesting people.

The one that lasted 2 months wasn't met online. He was met through a friend.
darkxtwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

cats are better than most people anyway.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Violent Delights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgirl418 (View Post)
Maybe this needs a boost. I'm single. I've tried dating, but I've never had a boyfriend. They like me and I don't like them or vice versa. Never mutual. I've recently signed up for online dating, but all I seem to be getting are people requesting or giving unwarranted inappropriate pictures, and if I don't reciprocate, I am labeled as a prude or "that's why you're still single." Where have all the good manners gone?
Oh yeah, I remember about dating site and that when I decided to delete it plus they creep me out..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

that is true

Yeah, being the rebound is never any fun, unless you know you're the rebound upfront and don't expect anything other than hook up.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Nice thread topic. Sign me up.. For indefinite LOL.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

you know what i despise? when you meet someone and they are cool for longer than 2.5 seconds, but like a week later, they are ultimately an a-hole like everyone else. i'm like: why did you waste my time then? i could have spent those moments with myself! #inallseriousness
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw Mandie

That does suck Lexie

Old 06-25-2015, 07:42 AM
JoW
Master Fan

Hi everyone....

Erm I was hoping someone here might have some kind words of advice or support.

I have been in a series of long term relationships, and the current guy I am in love with has requested we have a break. I am struggling with feeling very lonely. I am so used to messaging each other, I am finding it really hard not having him there to talk to.

How do you deal with not having that? I have great support from my family but I am not used to being 'alone'. I've never not had the support of a boyfriend and I'm feeling really down I'm having to fight the urge to find another man, despite things not being over with my boyfriend, just because I'm so used to having that reassurance from another man It would be totally for the wrong reasons! Plus one of the "break" rules we have is no dating anyone else.

Last edited by JoW; 06-25-2015 at 07:47 AM
JoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoW (View Post)
I've never not had the support of a boyfriend and I'm feeling really down
now sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to get to know yourself. and you should. i mean, i'm not going to lie, being alone can be really difficult at times, but i personally believe that when you're in a relationship with someone else, they'll value the fact that you are independent and not in need of constant togetherness. i think being alone builds character and makes you stronger, as well. because sometimes, you're all your going to have and it's going to have to be enough...
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:32 PM
JoW
Master Fan

Thank you for your reply. I have decided to go and spend a few days with my mam and dad so I'm not sitting looking at my phone all the time hoping for a message. I will be ok but I'm gonna have to take it one day at a time. It's gonna be a big change so I can't really accept to be ok about it over night.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Just found this thread. I'm single and happy. I'm also shy and an introvert, but I don't let those get in the way of my life either. I'm one for serenity and calm in this crazy world we all live in. Music is what keeps me calm, serene, and allowing me to feel things I wouldn't dare feel in public.

I'll find love eventually, but for right now, I'm not ready for an intimate relationship.
Doxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

^That's exactly how I feel (I'm not ready) and I tell people that when they ask me about it. I'm 26 and never had a boyfriend.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just found this thread too.

I'm 26. I had a boyfriend in HS but that was it. And it wasn't anything serious. Just lasted 2 months. And even then it was more of a test run because I felt that in HS I *needed* to have a boyfriend and felt weird if I didn't.

Don't get me wrong I really liked him but we were moving too fast. He said ILY too quickly and even though I didn't feel it I said it back because I felt I had to. And we'd been friends for the past 3 years.

It was basically friends with benefits (without the sex benefits- just the making out).

Been single ever since.

Right now though I'm in no rush as I still have no job so I want to get myself squared away first before I dive into anything.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread