Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

The thing is... there's a difference between God/religion/spirituality and how separate individuals, including rabbis, priests, preachers or imams, choose to interpret God/religion/spirituality.

If you believe God created man/woman, then whatever we are should be fine with Him/Her/IT. And, if not (I'm thinking more about murderers here than gay people, obviously), then that's between the individual person and Him/Her/IT.

Anything else is hubris.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have finally come to a breakthrough in terms of my sexuality and I'm happy, relaxed about it even.

But no way in hell am I outing myself to my dad now. He found out about my tattoos on my arm (I simply forgot to put on a jacket because I was in a good mood). So then he goes on his lecture about being disappointed and all that and how yesterday he saw two girls holding hands and one of them had a huge tattoo sleeve.. He basically told me how bothered he was by that.

And he told me how I'm starting to look like a man.

You know what I care about him but all of this is on him. Then he accuses me of using my moms words or using my sisters words. I'm just not that introvert who used to shy away from topics anymore. I've found my voice, I'm finally standing up to him and he can't handle that. So what? I'll let him.

I have done everything he's asked: gotten my degree, not drank, not smoked, not done drugs and this is what he considers a disappointment? WTH?!

And then to top it off I have tried to play the straight card for so long just for his benefit. I'm done!

I'm real. And if he can't see me as anything than a miniature version of himself who should obey him then that's his deal not mine.

~*~*~

Wow sorry had to get that all out.
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-15-2016, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, this is a good place to get it out.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seems like a lot of parents seem to forget that when they have kids, the kids grow up to be their own complete person with their own identities. Children are not merely an extension of themselves. I was raised and programmed as a child to be something I'm not at heart and I don't like that parents expect and decide you're going to be molded to someone else's ideas or expectations.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah same here. As it is I have a hard time speaking so when I do and when I fumble trying to get my words out he accuses me of not knowing what I'm talking about.

My dad has never accepted the LGBT community. He's called me names even.

My mom at least it's more accepting but then he goes to make the claim that she accepts anything because she doesn't want to lose us.

Now because of my tats he says he's embarrassed and ashamed to be out in public with me.

There's no winning with that man.
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-16-2016, 07:29 AM
Elite Fan

I would move out of home - no need for you to put up with that negativity! Up and leave, give it a few months no contact then come back refreshed and see if things change perspective. If not then so be it.

How is everyone doing now it has been a week since the bad news of Trump... Last I heard there were over a dozen Trans people suicides within the last week due to his winning.....
Old 11-16-2016, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish I could do that but right now that's not an option.

After the holidays I'm really gonna start to save up for a place.
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-16-2016, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Until you can move out, planning it can be what you hold on to then.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay can you guys explain something to me- what exactly are gay vibes?

I've only recently come out and today I was talking to some friends at work and they just laughed and said "It's about time" and then I was puzzled and said to them "You guys knew? How" and they replied that I give off gay vibes. What does that even mean?!
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-17-2016, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay can you guys explain something to me- what exactly are gay vibes?

I've only recently come out and today I was talking to some friends at work and they just laughed and said "It's about time" and then I was puzzled and said to them "You guys knew? How" and they replied that I give off gay vibes. What does that even mean?!
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-17-2016, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no idea. I have heard of gaydar enough to know I don't have it. (Fun fact, my mother totally does.) But I've never heard of gay vibes.

Maybe it just means this person is way more intuitive than I'll ever be.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't have a good "gaydar". Gay vibes sounds like it would be fitting into a "stereotype", like you said your dad said you seemed masculine. But I'm straight and despite my age, I'm a tomboy type but I have no idea if some people wonder if I'm indeed straight cause I don't follow stereotypes of being typical feminine dress or behaviour. So no idea, lol.
Do guys feel like you don't respond to possible flirting behaviour that they would expect?
Old 11-19-2016, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Who would expect?

You mean, do I feel like I don't respond to flirting behaviour other people send my way? Is that the question?

If so, then I think it's entirely possible that I don't. As far as I can see, the only people actively hitting on me are 60+ and drunk. I'm like catnip for men that age and in that state. But, otherwise, I am unaware of anyone hitting one me. So, if they are, then, yeah, I am not responding.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay there it's done. I've come out to all of the important people in my life, with the exception of my dad.

Supergirl finally gave me the courage to be myself and stop trying to hide false facades.
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

A TV show cannot give you what you do not already have.

I'm glad Supergirl inspired you, but everyone's truth has to come out some time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread