Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

Good luck everyone

I haven't lost much weight but I feel that my lifestyle is getting healthier.
I don't eat candy, chocolate and biscuits anymore. Instead of that I eat a lot fruit like strawberries, grapes, melon, pineapple,...
I'm drinking more water than I used to and I exercise more
Old 03-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEdwardCullen (View Post)
I thankfully don't like ice cream that much...there was only 1 place I liked and it was in Florida...best ice cream ever...after eating theirs...none is ever the same for me. I live in Ohio now so thankfully I rarely eat icecream like maybe once every 3 months or so.

Diet and excersise has been good...but right now I hit a wall, which has really been stressing me out. It's so frustrating when you just hit that wall and you feel that there really isn't much you can do. I'm so arged, but I'm just going to try to work through it.
If you live in Ohio, have you tried Graeter's? Yummmm... They have it at a lot of Kroger stores and I'm all for rewarding ourselves every once in a while..

As for hitting a while... remind me what your diet is like and what type of exercise/training you're doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWillow (View Post)
5 times a week is definitely enough workout! You need to have a few rest days to give your muscles a rest too and to give them the chance to (re)build.
Soooo true... Lots of people (myself included) often forget that rest is a must. Even taking a week off is actually GOOD sometimes!

As for dietary stuff for me... I'm still on my mostly vegetarian kick.... Have to say I really don't 'crave' a lot in the first place, so it's not been a terribly difficult transition... The soy 'faux meat' products out there now are quite good!

Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

what is the best drink to drink for losing weight

you can add me to facebook if need help wiith any games or just want to add me

Last edited by snowfalkes11; 03-06-2009 at 08:39 AM
Old 03-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfalkes11 (View Post)
what is the best drink to drink for losing weight
water
Old 03-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Total Fan

Have to agree here, water is the absolute best.

Does anyone have the "Biggest Loser workout" dvd's? I'm loving Jillian Michaels 30 days shred but I'm thinking about getting a few more workouts so I don't do the same one each day. Anyone got experience with them?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWillow (View Post)
Have to agree here, water is the absolute best.

Does anyone have the "Biggest Loser workout" dvd's? I'm loving Jillian Michaels 30 days shred but I'm thinking about getting a few more workouts so I don't do the same one each day. Anyone got experience with them?
I don't have any experience with that either but I would like to hear about it.
I've been thinking about such kind of dvds to get help me lose weight in the comfort of my own living room
Old 03-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi everyone

Well.. as of today I start the Tony Ferguson diet..

I've heard more good things than negative things, but I just know that any sort of change to my diet is going to be better. I do enough at the gym (though of COURSE I can do more) but my diet is shocking.

So I'll let you know how my shake diet goes - I just have enough for a week to see how I am at sticking to the routine, which for me is the hardest. Sticking to a discipline even though its good for me!

Plus, I weighed myself on the scales for the first time in AGES yesterday, I was avoiding it.. ugh. Turning point.

Hope everyone is well, and keeping fit and happy
Old 03-08-2009, 12:42 AM
New Fan

This might be a dumb question but I was hoping someone could help me out on this. I have been working out for about 5 weeks now six times a week alternating cardio and sculpting, and while I have lost some inches, the scale hasn't really moved too much and I think that I might not be eating enough. My question is that if you are counting calories and say you have to eat 1300 a day to lose weight, and your workout burns 300 calories, should you be eating 1600 calories so that after you workout you are left with the 1300 or should you be eating only 1300 and whatever you work off you work off? Also I was hoping someone could answer the same according to weight watchers because that is what I have been following but I was thinking of switching to counting calories, because I eat 23 points a day to lose weight on weight watchers but according to their calculations I am burning 5 points with my workout so I wasn't sure if I should be eating a few more points to counteract what I am taking away or shoot for the 23 regardless. Sorry this is so long thanks for any help!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

First off, there are no dumb questions!

But I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents here... Please keep in mind that you're losing fat and gaining muscle so the scale may not be moving as much as you think it might should. And as we all have heard a million times, muscle weights more than fat. It's hard to remember that sometimes when we're so focused.

Honestly, I'm no help on the calorie counting as I don't really do it. I do keep a little notebook and jot down what I eat (items/rough guesses of the amounts) but I don't enter in calories, fat calories, sugars etc.. and I weigh myself every few days... If I go up, I just recognize that either I'm eating too much or eating too much of the wrong thing and then I'm able to rein it in if needed.

I hope someone can answer your question more thoroughly on the cal counting issue.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well.. after a week on the meal replacement shakes program.. and with exercise (well, 3 times a week if not 4)..

I've already lost 2kg! I'm going to have that confirmed at the gym tomorrow with my trainer - and I haven't even been following it to the letter of the law! (I'm not THAT disciplined). But I've lost 2kgs.

WOW.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

Congrats... glad they're working for you so far
Old 04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

How is everyone doing?

I recently took a week off over my son's Spring Break... We did a lot of walking so I didn't feel too guilty...
Old 05-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

Hey, I'm Steph!

I want to be added to the list. I've been struggling with weight all my life. A year ago I was doing drugs and lost a lot of weight. I've been clean for about a year now and I've gained about 10 lbs because of it. I'm ready to get healthy now. I was wondering if any of you have tried the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels? I've heard a lot of good things about it.

My current height is 5'6" and I weigh 164 lbs. I'd like to get down to 125 lbs before August 23rd. Is this a realistic goal? Any suggestions?

Last edited by kitsune; 05-13-2009 at 08:24 AM
Old 05-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Where are all my diet buddies? I've been doing good. Down 1 lb so far.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksand (View Post)
Hey, I'm Steph!

I want to be added to the list. I've been struggling with weight all my life. A year ago I was doing drugs and lost a lot of weight. I've been clean for about a year now and I've gained about 10 lbs because of it. I'm ready to get healthy now. I was wondering if any of you have tried the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels? I've heard a lot of good things about it.

My current height is 5'6" and I weigh 164 lbs. I'd like to get down to 125 lbs before August 23rd. Is this a realistic goal? Any suggestions?

Hi Steph!

First off, big congrats on taking control and making some positive changes in your life!

Sounds like you're doing it the right way (taking it slow and doing it smart!) And you've made your mind up to make it happen so that's half the battle!

13 weeks is definitely enough time to make a lot of progress toward your goal... I don't know that it'd be healthy to lose all 39 pounds in that time frame though...
Seems like I remember that to lose weight safely that the goal should be between 1-2 lbs a week..., but you can definitely make a lot of progress in the meantime...

I highly recommend food journals... It makes you accountable for what you eat and helps make you aware of what you're eating, when and how much. Then I would try to cut between 300 and 500 calories from that. Definitely cut back on your sugar intake (no regular soft drinks! I lost 5 to 7 lbs from doing this alone!) and try to exercise (even if just walking) for at least 1/2 hour each day.
The trick is to make it a habit and if you need someone to give you an extra 'push' sometime, have a 'buddy' that will keep you on track if you don't always have the willpower to stick w/ your new plan. After you build up your general fitness, definitely try to start lifting some moderate (not too light or too heavy) weights. Muscle burns more calories! I know once I started with free weights that progress really increased for me!

I don't really follow the South Beach diet anymore (just generally follow the broader guidelines now) but the first phase of it is great for helping to readjust your blood sugar (and hence, cravings). It's not fun, but if you can do the first week and half to 2 weeks, you'll notice a difference in your cravings/eating.

I haven't tried JM's 30 day shred, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it if you do...

Stick with it and post your progress! And ooh, take your measurements every couple weeks... This helps you note progress even if the scale doesn't change as much as you'd like; the inches often do! You may not be able to 'see' dramatic results but you can't argue with the measuring tape.

Good luck!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread