Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2017, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Headaches blah.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A place to de-stress is Right!

I'm putting my vent in spoilers cause I think I tend to sound extra tantrum-y when I complain. But I'm feeling super frustrated and people with aspergers tend to not cope well with frustration and it's about work

Spoiler:
Old 01-24-2017, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good on you for letting it out, Leanne.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I feel like I need to do it a lot and I get mad because I can't do it how I would like to. *sigh*

I guess thats my other complaint. I can't cry as easily as other people seem to be able to. Life could be easier if I could do so and not have to appear so stoic.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Why do have to appear stoic, though? Is it a rule where you work or something?
Old 01-26-2017, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually, when I first started working, I worked in a men's federal prison so appearing stoic was pretty important! Now I work in a school, and it's good to be stoic there too, you don't want to scare children with losing it! I'm always a professional at work.

I'm just stoic in general. If my life looks lousy/or something to be pitied to others, I'm not gonna let them know it affects me. So never cry in front of anyone. And over all, I'm just not used to it anymore either,
Old 01-27-2017, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Sorry you have to deal with that, Leanne. Have you by chance ever talked to the coworker of yours about it?

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-27-2017, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I talked to my principal about it, but she didn't offer a solution. She said it's in a state of change right now, they want to get rid of old books and some shelving, I'm okay with that... but right now they left no room to place books that are currently signed out to staff and students and they need to be on shelves when returned.

Someone suggested I email and compliment the co-workers efforts to improve the library and then ask about her plans for the incoming books... which is a good idea cause complimenting first wasn't something I was factoring in... but that's why it's good to talk here, other people can give me better ideas.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Three good things for one criticism is the recommendation in communication therapy.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

that horrible sucking sound from the straw when your delicious cookies n cream milkshake is empty. ugghhhhhhh!!!!!
Old 01-29-2017, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a good one.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

the people across the street from me are getting ready to sell their house , so they have been doing major work on it, today seems be jackhammer day they are tearing up their patio and the sound is about to drive me mad. I thought the new roof last week was bad but this is vibrating in our house.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Argh, I go through that with my neighbor especially in the summer.. he works on projects in his garage right next to my room. My cat doesn't like it and when I can't take it anymore I have to resort to noise cancelling headphones. It especially gets to me cause I'm aspie and am sensitive to loud, repetitive sounds and I have my limits for noise related sensory overload.. so I feel you with that annoyance.

Got noise cancelling headphones?
Old 01-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wish I had some

they were nice though, they did give us fair warning that it was gonna happen so at least we weren't surprised out of bed with it.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's pretty much all you can ask for, huh? I mean, that and for it not to happen too late on weekday nights.

But there are bylaws against making that level of noise too early on the weekends and too late on the weekdays, right?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread