Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

*off to dig out her copy of Eclipse*
Old 03-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Its in the Chapter called Needs, the one after Ethics.

Quote:
I didnt get very far before driving became impossible.

When I couldnt see anymore, I let my tires find the rough shoulder and rolled slowly to a stop. I slumped over on the seat and allowed the weakness I'd fought in Jacob's room crush me. It was worse than I'd thought - the force of it took me by surprise. Yes, I had been right to hide this from Jacob. No one should ever see this.

......The door creaked open and he pulled me in his arms.

At first, it was worse because there was that smaller part of me - smaller, but getting louder and angrier every minute, screaming at the rest of me - that craved a different set of arms

Quote:
"Are you really ready to go home?" He asked doubtedly.

I managed to convey after several attempts that it wasnt going to get any better anytime soon.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

I adore how Eddie asks Bella if she made the right choice and she takes a few seconds to think... and he says she can leave...
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rachel I liked him for a minute there, cuz he asked if she'd made the right choice or not, He saw it, he knew she hadnt. She was in so much pain.

Quote:
The morning brought with it if not a brighter outlook, at least a measure of control, some acceptance. Instinctively I knew that the new tear in my heart would always ache, that was just going to be a part of me now. Time would make it easier - thats what everyone always said, but i didnt care if time healed me or not, so long as Jaocb could get better. Could be happy again.
She says that the pain was hers forever. It was always going to hurt. Why did SM forget this? She was IN LOVE WITH JACOB!!!! And even in her pain, she wants Jake to be happy.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I found it in my book.

"Bella...are you sure? Did you make the right choice? I've never seen you in so much pain --" His voice broke on the last word.

I like the detail of how his voice broke on the word pain, like it was so bad it had killed him to witness her suffering so much, she was weeping continually and at one point even hysterical. And yet we're supposed to believe that she had made the right choice and wanted her new life completely, pull the other one.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She didnt make the right choice. And when she says later that she'd known worse pain, it angers me SO much. She herself says that it wasnt so bad cuz she had E to comfort her, and also Jake told her that he'd always love her. She wouldve known mind numbing pain worse than the kind she experienced when E left her if Jake had told her he didnt want her anymore, and if she didnt have anyone to comfort her.

Im sure even Edward new that she'd made the wrong choice. If she did, it wouldnt hurt so much.

Possible titles...

BlackSwan {Jacob♥Bella} : B/c she knew that the new tear in her heart would always ache, and was just going to be a part of her now.

BlackSwan {Jacob♥Bella} : B/c there was a part of her that craved a different set of arms.

BlackSwan {Jacob♥Bella} : B/c Edward had never seen her in so much pain.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
She wouldve known mind numbing pain worse than the kind she experienced when E left her if Jake had told her he didnt want her anymore, and if she didnt have anyone to comfort her.
IMO her pain would have been a hundred times worse if that had happened, especially if she had no one around to pick her up, she would have been broken completely. To the best of my memory, I don't recall us ever being told that she wept her eyes out and went in to hysterical fits when E left her, she just seemed zombie like and numb to it all. But her hurt over Jacob in Needs was raw and agonising, she seemed like she was drowning in the pain, like she'd lost half of herself and was mourning it.

Wonderful title suggestions, particularly the second one.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. Thats why it was so unfair for her to compare, when she hadnt known the other alternative at all.

We'd never seen her falling apart like this before. Even though she broke Jake's heart, It was still agony to see her go through this. This is why I had hope for them getting together. This is why I hoped that Bella would see that she couldnt be happy or complete without Jake now. It was too late, she wasnt irrevocably in love with only E anymore, there was a big part of her that longed for Jake, she couldnt deny, supress or silence that part of her without dying a little inside.

And she could move on without E, we'd seen that already in NM. God, why, why!!?? Why did she not choose Jake!!??
Old 03-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And she could move on without E, we'd seen that already in NM. God, why, why!!?? Why did she not choose Jake!!??
Because she is a stupid, stupid girl. She was moving on without E, she was healing, she was falling in love with Jake and I believe she wold have eventually realised she couldn't deny it any longer if E hadn't come back when he did. If she'd kissed Jake in her truck that night, it could all have been so different.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

Why did she not choose Jake?!

I don't know but I HATE IT lol
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure.Magic (View Post)

BlackSwan {Jacob♥Bella} : B/c there was a part of her that craved a different set of arms.

I love this title
Old 03-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

When was the 24th thread? Did I miss it completely?

The discussion of these last few pages has been awesome I would comment on every single detail but I have a lot of chores I have to do, lol. But I love reading good JB discussion.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Court, I don't think you posted in the 24th thread at all.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
Because she is a stupid, stupid girl. She was moving on without E, she was healing, she was falling in love with Jake and I believe she wold have eventually realised she couldn't deny it any longer if E hadn't come back when he did. If she'd kissed Jake in her truck that night, it could all have been so different.
A lot of fics take off from there only. And it really wouldve been different. I wanted E to come back, cuz I wanted Bella to see and compare and realise that Jake was much better. But after she'd allowed herself to fall in love with Jake. Cuz in Eclipse, she realises that she loves him, but then bottles it up and pushes those feelings away, choosing not to explore them. Heaven forbid she'd dare to love anyone else but Edward.

Edward broke her, Jake fixed her, why did she have to break Jake?

Hey Court, you've been away for a long time.