Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

I know, I bought a top-of-the-range one about two years ago and it was, like, 1GB of RAM and a 120GB hard drive. This one was slightly more expensive, but not that much more- a laptop like this would have been about twice the price a couple of years ago.

Gwen seems really great from the DW episodes she was in- I love, love, love her accent. She's also really pretty, which shouldn't matter but obviously does.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, mine has 2GB of RAM and a 180GB hd, and that was already quite a lot back then

Yeah, she's gorgeous! And awesome. She just has best of both worlds, I think
Old 08-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

It's so great to see Gwen love, I was on Digital Spy earlier and there was a less than complimentary comments about her, which is sad.
She's the only thing I'm looking forward to in TW to be honest, if I didn't love her so much I wouldn't bother.

What I'm most looking forward to is SJA. and Merlin sounds fun, but most of my american shows are pretty interchangeable.

Last edited by SiriuslyPotter; 08-17-2008 at 09:19 AM
Old 08-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Doctor Who is the only British show I couldn't live without. Americans do TV better for the most part, I think.

Have you ever watched House? It's really great- and also hilarious a lot of the time. It does have a habit of breaking your heart from time to time, but as a DW fan, that won't bother you.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I usually tend to prefer British shows US shows can get a big too epic for my tastes.

Oh I love House that's one of the ones I'm definitely looking forward to having back on my screen. When I look at the list of all my shows, I'm a bit ehh about more than half of them, to be honest... But just not watching them is NOT an option
Old 08-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

I watch more american shows, but if I love a british show (Doctor Who, Skins, etc) then I like it about 3 times as much as any american counterpart.

I like House for Hugh Laurie, the rest of it I could take or leave. And I prefer Hugh Laurie when he used to do stuff with Stephen Fry but I'd watch him in anything.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I watch more american shows, but if I love a british show (Doctor Who, Skins, etc) then I like it about 3 times as much as any american counterpart.
Yeah, this is exactly how I feel unless it's a Joss Whedon show. Then that rule definitely doesn't apply
Old 08-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
Yeah, this is exactly how I feel unless it's a Joss Whedon show. Then that rule definitely doesn't apply
Not really like that for me, I really liked Buffy but anything else he's ever done I couldn't be bothered with, I think he's overrated if I'm honest.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I don't think he's overrated at all, I think he's rated just the right amount although I can see why people would think that. I wasn't a huge fan of Angel even though I did like it a lot, but everything else... Buffy is one of my all time favourites, I absolutely ADORE Firefly, I think it's just about brilliant, and Dr. Horrible was one of my favourite things in YEARS as well. I'm also extremely psyched about Dollhouse
Old 08-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

I couldn't get into Angel at all, I think I just find the character sort of bland so I never got past many episodes, and Firefly just didn't do anything for me.

I think he's overrated because everyone thinks he's this genius and I don't, that what usually happens when somone or something get's the overrated label from me.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

I am a huge fan of Joss Whedon's work- he's a very talented man. Thing is, I don't think he can ever top the first five seasons of Buffy (I don't think the last two seasons weren't the best, but they were still good).

I loved Angel- but it was nothing on Buffy. This is probably because I always liked Angel. But the person who makes the show for me is Cordelia. That said, I couldn't watch s5, it was so bad. Probably because of the absence of Cordelia and the absence of Gunn, Wesley, Fred and Angel being remotely in character or interesting.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How much have you seen of Firefly? Because it took me at least 3 episodes to really get into that, but once I did, oh wow. It's so so good!

Have you watched Dr. Horrible?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
How much have you seen of Firefly? Because it took me at least 3 episodes to really get into that, but once I did, oh wow. It's so so good!

Have you watched Dr. Horrible?
Um, I've see about the first 2 episodes in order, and I've see 2 other episodes not in order when I was watching it with my brother.

I was going to just to see if it was as good as everyone said it was but I never got round to it.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Total Fan

I keep meaning to watch Dr. Horrible but I've got hardly any spare time at the moment I think I'll have to make a list of all the shows I want to watch come Autumn but I'm pretty sure it will be nowhere near 19!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

at least Dr. Horrible is just 45 minutes all together but I think I've watched it about 12 times now so it might as well have been a full season

my uncle took me out for pizza & icecream and I'm just about ready to burst now. So good, but...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread