Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Total Fan

TARDIS Tea Room (OT) #31 - If we had to go back to school, would we do things differently?

Off Topic: Judging by the evidence, we've certainly got a gob!

Welcome to the TARDIS Tea Room! The place to relax. Kick off your Converse, put your feet up and enjoy some good conversation over a nice cuppa. Sugar? Milk?

So.... can I take anyone's order?
icon
Old 08-14-2008, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

New thread! How is everyone this morning afternoon?

Quote:
My coursework was interesting, though- Jack the Ripper. It's amazing how good your grades can get when you actually enjoy doing your work.
We did Jack the Ripper in Y9 it was pretty interesting, for coursework we did Terrorism and Ludlow Castle: Built for Defence or Comfort, the former was pretty interesting, the latter not so much.

I just want it to be next week now, I'm very edgy and prone to mood swings, I want my life (or lack of) back!

Old 08-14-2008, 03:56 AM
Total Fan

Morning Siobhan! Or afternoon... my sleeping pattern is so screwed up right now

I can't even remember any of the stuff we did for History because I only did it up until Y9 and then I chose Geography, with the view to doing it at A Level and then Uni. Well, that certainly didn't happen but I did find it funny digging out my GCSE coursework on the Gentrification of Southampton now that I actually live there!
Old 08-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Master Fan

I actually got up at 10 today which is practically the middle of the night for me these days! but I'm jsut losing track of time in general.

Up until I chose it for Y10 we learned so many different era's and the like, and once you get to GCSE it doesn't matter, it's kind of annoying really.

Urgh, Geography! I hated that, I got a level 2 on it in Year 9.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:13 AM
Total Fan

Level 2?

Ha, it's funny because all of us Geography kids hated History and vice versa. Most other subjects where we had to choose options people weren't particularly bothered but with the Humanities subjects there was a huge split
Old 08-14-2008, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 08-14-2008, 04:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandelier2 (View Post)
Level 2?

Ha, it's funny because all of us Geography kids hated History and vice versa. Most other subjects where we had to choose options people weren't particularly bothered but with the Humanities subjects there was a huge split
It's the grading they do for SATS and it's basically from level 1 to level 7 from worst to best, and Level 1 was pretty impossible to get so you may as well say Level 2 was the worst, I did that bad.

That didn't happen in my school because they were both timetabled at the same time so it was one or the other, I think more people did history though.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:59 AM
Total Fan

Ohhhh right! I don't remember much about my SATS at all so I couldn't remember how they graded them.

Argh, we've got a carpet coming round tomorrow to measure up so I've got to move all the crap off the floor. It's a complete mess in here at the moment because of the upcoming move
Old 08-14-2008, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

Ugh, that doesn't sound fun, I hope it's not too torturous for you.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

I did History and Geography. I am just that good . I'm doing History at A-Level, so I'm really hoping for an A at GCSE. Geography, so long as I get a B, I'll be happy. I'm not that good at Geography, because it's really difficult and boring to boot.

Most people who did History also did Geography. I did all of the humanities- RE, History and Geography. Because I can only do academic subjects, and the other options were Art, Music and PE. And I am very, very rubbish at all of those things. I haven't done PE regularly since I was thirteen
Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 AM
Master Fan

I just couldn't do history at Alevel, I struggled enough at GCSE, I love it but just all the sources and dates and names were driving me mad.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, it's a difficult subject, but it's too interesting for me to give up.

This time next week, I'll know. It's such a weird feeling. I'm having a minor nervous breakdown, but I can type so I can survive.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Total Fan

You've just got to keep thinking this time next week it will all be over and out the way, rather than worrying about it still being a week away. You wait, it'll come around quickly enough.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

I'm okay with whatever happens because even if I don't get the 5 C's I'm going to retake some, and then do Alevels afterwards, I'd prefer not to do that, but it's my own fault for not taking school seriously in Y10 and the forst half of Y11, it's not that I'm not capable.

It's so wierd that it's a week away after almost two months off school though.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:30 AM
Total Fan

Must have been great having all that time off though. I think I read about half of my local library in the summer between GCSEs and college