Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow beautiful pics, especially the first. There are some truly amazing pics of Chris.

We are all stories in the end
Old 01-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms X (View Post)
Yep I personally feel Nine/Rose are the best suited I used to favour Ten/Rose but my mind changed a while after.
It took several hours for this comment to register!!!! Whey did you change your mind??? Tell all! I love those pics of Chris. Does anyone know when was the first one was taken?

Last edited by Partnershipper; 01-09-2009 at 07:31 PM
Old 01-09-2009, 01:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
It took several hours for this comment to register!!!! Whey did you change your mind???
I happened to watch Season One a lot and it just struck me that there was so much more to Nine/Rose then Ten/Rose. And as time went on, I began to see that there was far more chemistry between Chris and Billie then David and Billie, though they have it in heaps too

Old 01-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

When I started watching Doctor Who for the first time, i had no idea Chris will leave after just one season, i must say when i saw him change in to David i was in shock, i didn't really want to watch season 2 after that. I'm glad i did tho.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh the David T era is amazing I do love Season 2, 3 and 4. But for me, nothing will ever compare to Chris's season. It's just better written and breathtaking

I wish Chris had been in Season 2. I wonder how Nine would have been with Madame De Pompadour

Old 01-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
But for me, nothing will ever compare to Chris's season. It's just better written and breathtaking
I agree. I also liked the early Season 4 episodes. The later episodes not so much. There was less Ten/Donna, and they brought back secondary characters who should have stayed farewelled. To me, it seemed like the writers had sacrificed the quality of character interaction for quantity.

Quote:
I wish Chris had been in Season 2. I wonder how Nine would have been with Madame De Pompadour
I didn't get this episode. The Doctor has a couple of scenes with this woman and he abandons Rose for her? Rose and Mickey spent most of their time wondering about aimlessly. The scene with Ten acting all hippy was too silly. I did like the Nine reference though-"Bananas are good".

I remembered another favourite Nine pic. It's from The End of the World. There's a slow motion shot of Nine looking back at Jabe before he runs through the fans. What do you think of the new Doctor? He's got an unusual look. I wonder if he will be closer to Chris's portrayal or David's.

Last edited by Partnershipper; 01-10-2009 at 07:00 PM
Old 01-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
... ... I hated that episode...
In my imaginings Nine wouldn't have been impressed at all... I could see him worrying a lot about her as a kid but infatuated with the adult? Unlikely... I cannot imagine Nine abandoning Rose to just hang out on the big empty ship with killer Clockworks...
Old 01-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I didn't get this episode. The Doctor has a couple of scenes with this woman and he abandons Rose her
No I didn't get that either, it was very out of place. The reason I asked about Nine is that I don't think he would have been that impressed. Having said that though, I do like the episode in general and the ending was sad

Quote:
In my imaginings Nine wouldn't have been impressed at all... I could see him worrying a lot about her as a kid but infatuated with the adult? Unlikely... I cannot imagine Nine abandoning Rose to just hang out on the big empty ship with killer Clockworks...
Oh I agree. I think perhaps the episode is more suited to Ten because imo, that episode it shows that Ten could be very careless of Rose

Quote:
What do you think of the new Doctor? He's got an unusual look. I wonder if he will be closer to Chris's portrayal or David's.
Tbh, I hope he brings his own interpretation of the Doctor. I don't want him to do what his predecessors did, though I'd like to see hints that he is the same man as Nine and Ten I actually like the new Doctor, I think he'll bring an edge of darkness to the role, which will be interesting. Chris did that too so I hope Matt does it a bit differently.

ETA: I've made two Nine/Rose vids but they're not great as I haven't made a music vid for a while and am using WMM.

YouTube - No Gun: Nine & Rose (Doctor Who)

YouTube - Nine & Rose: Caught In A Moment

Last edited by Ms X; 01-10-2009 at 05:06 AM
Old 01-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I've made two Nine/Rose vids but they're not great as I haven't made a music vid for a while and am using WMM.
They look good to me. I'm watched them on the library computer. There's no sound, but I can lip read what Nine and Rose are saying! There's a hug in the first vid that I haven't seen before. I read about a deleted hug from Dalek. That looks like it!!!! Where did you you get it from????

I'm suffering severe Chris cravings! I've been watching Nine scenes repeatedly, but it's still not enough! I want my new DVDs noooowwwww. I'm going to buy "Our Friends in the North". There's someone at Amazon selling it for 179 dollars. I'll try to mind something cheaper, but I might have to end up forking out the money!

I want to get back to what you said in the previous thread about imagining Nine in the Doomsday scene. I'm actually glad Nine wasn't in that scene, and in Journey's End. Don't stone me! I think a love scene on screen can be more moving and powerful when the L word isn't spoken. When I was watching that scene, I was willing Rose not to say it! I'm really weird, huh? Nine has expressed his love for Rose several times. His "I could save the word but lose you" comment was a declaration of love if ever there was one. And his reactions when he thought she had died in Dalek and Bad Wolf made "I love you" seem trite and superfluous. Doomsday is a 10/Rose scene, and that's perfectly fine with me. To me, Ten/Rose and Nine/Rose are totally different relationships. It feels strange to have one thread for both of them!

Last edited by Partnershipper; 01-12-2009 at 02:11 AM
Old 01-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
They look good to me. I'm watched them on the library computer. There's no sound, but I can lip read what Nine and Rose are saying! There's a hug in the first vid that I haven't seen before. I read about a deleted hug from Dalek. That looks like it!!!! Where did you you get it from????
Heh thanks There isn't supposed to be any sound aside from the music I added over it
That Dalek hug scene I found by the same user who wrote that article you posted back regarding 'The End Of The World' and a lot of lovely comments about Chris. I'd been looking for it for ages

Quote:
I think a love scene on screen can be more moving and powerful when the L word isn't spoken. When I was watching that scene, I was willing Rose not to say it! I'm really weird, huh? Nine has expressed his love for Rose several times. His "I could save the word but lose you" comment was a declaration of love if ever there was one
No I agree But if Nine had been in Doomsday, I think it would have been different anyway. I don't think 'I love you' would have come out. It would have been a very moving scene, words would not be necessary. The way Doomsday was written was probably fitted around David's Doctor. With Chris, I think it would have been so much different
Nine & Rose's relationship is amazing, words are not needed. One look or simple touch can portray more meaning then words ever could. That's why I prefer their relationship to Ten/Rose.

Quote:
To me, Ten/Rose and Nine/Rose are totally different relationships. It feels strange to have one thread for both of them!
They are and they're not in my opinion. Because essentially the Doctor is the same man and I can see bits in David's Doctor that connects to Chris's Doctor. I don't feel it's strange to have a thread for both because like I said, the Doctor is really the same man. Yes the relationships are different in many ways but there are similarities too They both love Rose and they both want to show her the universe. And would protect her. That's why I do love both Nine/Rose & Ten/Rose. My favourite pairing will always be Nine/Rose because I think there's something more magical and powerful about them but I do love Ten/Rose too

Old 01-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

They are and they're not in my opinion. Because essentially the Doctor is the same man and I can see bits in David's Doctor that connects to Chris's Doctor. I don't feel it's strange to have a thread for both because like I said, the Doctor is really the same man. Yes the relationships are different in many ways but there are similarities too They both love Rose and they both want to show her the universe. And would protect her. That's why I do love both Nine/Rose & Ten/Rose. My favourite pairing will always be Nine/Rose because I think there's something more magical and powerful about them but I do love Ten/Rose too
Took the words right out of my mouth!
Old 01-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

See I save myself the difficulty of choosing between Nine/Rose and Ten/Rose by saying I ship Doctor/Rose. . Both have this incredible conenction to her, but it's all down to personal taste which you prefer. If I had to choose, I'd say Ten/Rose, but since no-one is pushing me, my answer is simple- Doctor/Rose!
Old 01-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
See I save myself the difficulty of choosing between Nine/Rose and Ten/Rose by saying I ship Doctor/Rose. . Both have this incredible conenction to her, but it's all down to personal taste which you prefer.
I agree and I do say I ship Doctor/Rose too cause I do love both

I think Nine/Rose are definitely my OTP though

Does anyone like Nine/Rose/Jack? I've seen a hell of a lot of Nine/Rose/Jack fics and am just curious. I like their friendship for sure but not anything more then that. Does anyone like them that way?

Old 01-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

I'm not into threesomes, so it's totally not my thing at all. But, from an unbiased view, I can't see it working, personally- Nine was way too protective/jealous of Rose with other guys to share her
Old 01-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoptheqtip (View Post)
I'm not into threesomes, so it's totally not my thing at all. But, from an unbiased view, I can't see it working, personally- Nine was way too protective/jealous of Rose with other guys to share her
Pretty much! Jack would end up getting his butt kicked even if they were in agreement!