Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Nine/Christopher Eccleston Appreciation Thread #2: Because He makes other men look like pretty boys!

Welcome to the Christopher Eccleston/Nine Appreciation thread!

Fan List:
1) Ms X (Liz)
2) Partnershipper
3) chrissy1302
4) lunas borednow
5) ancientshadows
6) kristinand
7) Lazy
8) Vintage Love
9) antisocial
10) dr snaps

If anyone wants to be added, please tell the thread starter

Previous Threads:
http://www.fanforum.com/f126/nine-ch...read-62811772/

New thread guys Hope no one minds that I started it Also wasn't sure who wanted to be on the list or not so just tell me and I'll add ya

I will add a banner here hopefully in the next day or two

Thanks to Partnershipper for the great title, it's so true

We are all stories in the end

Last edited by Ms X; 04-13-2009 at 03:38 AM
Old 01-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

New thread!

Please add me.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Added you

So it looks like the 11th Doc will be announced tomorrow. Anyone dearly wish it would be Chris again? It'll never happen but I wish it would

Old 01-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

I would but... it would hurt my heart to watch him without his comfort bear, aka Rose... Can I get an add?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Added you

Yes, I know what you mean. Nine would be quite lost in a way without Rose but I also think it would be interesting to see him with others as companions. Plus I just can't get enough of Chris But I still think the Eleventh Doc will be Paterson Joseph or someone we don't know...

Old 01-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Rose reminded him of everything that was worth living his life for

*sigh* I so loved those two... probably too much...
Old 01-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Me too I miss Nine & Rose so much And as much as I loved Ten/Rose, I always felt Nine/Rose had that little more magic
I also think that Billie had more chemistry with Chris then she did David. Not to say she didn't have any with David because it's quite clear she did and I loved that. But with Chris, there was something more, something I can't quite put my finger on.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Tftnt! Add me to the list as well please
Old 01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Added

Aww I'd love to see Chris back on our screens again soon. Does anyone know of any recent projects?

Old 01-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms X (View Post)
Me too I miss Nine & Rose so much And as much as I loved Ten/Rose, I always felt Nine/Rose had that little more magic
I also think that Billie had more chemistry with Chris then she did David. Not to say she didn't have any with David because it's quite clear she did and I loved that. But with Chris, there was something more, something I can't quite put my finger on.
I agree, as much as I shipped Rose/Ten... I don't think I would have, at lest as much, if I hadn't Rose/Nined first....

Nine would just look at Rose and my heart strings would pull...
Old 01-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms X (View Post)
Rose matures in Season 2 but I kind of felt after being the bad wolf, they didn't really know what to do with her. Rose is different, she does have to grow and I enjoyed her Season 2 but I will always prefer her in Season One with Nine
Mmmm, I think she became more immature in Season 2. The Rose that I liked would not have smiled adoringly at Ten while he was insulting other people eg. In Tooth and Claw. I saw some more Season 2 and Season 3 episodes yesterday. I think I've seen all of Doctor Who now except for The Christmas Invasion. Nine/Rose beats Ten/Rose by a mile. My opinion of David's peformance has dropped. Ten spoke too fast at times and mumbled a lot so I had to rewind several scenes to get what he was saying. The vocal mannerisms became excessive and annoying eg. the way he keeps saying "Weellllllll..." before each sentence. He needs to tone down his acting. Moving one's features a lot does not equal showing more emotion.

What did you think of the final episodes in Season 3? There's always been an element of silliness in Russell Davies's episodes, but it was balanced with subtle, emotional scenes. He goes overboard with the silliness in the Master episodes. I tried to hate Captain Jack because of what JB said about Chris, but I failed! I noticed a certain sadness in Jack's eyes- a certain depth that the character didn't have in Season 1. JB could be very good in a dramatic role.

I loved the Nine references in the later Seasons! Those that I can remember: Ten's "Banana's are good" scene and the references to the Doctor dancing in "Girl in The Fireplace", the reference to the Doctor dancing in Human Nature, Ten telling Martha he was a "different man" during the Cardiff earthquake. I remember Ten using the word "fantastic" more than once! I'd love to see a storyline where Rose meet Nine/Rose in a parallel universe and gets into a catfight with herself over Nine! Think of all the permutations and romantic complications if Ten/Rose meet Nine/Rose in a parallell universe...! The mind boggles!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Mmmm, I think she became more immature in Season 2. The Rose that I liked would not have smiled adoringly at Ten while he was insulting other people eg. In Tooth and Claw.
Good points, she did do that a few times, ,most notably in New Earth. I do think she was written to be more mature but it didn't turn out that way in some episodes She didn't have the sense of adventure like she did with Nine. Sure, she loved seeing new things with Ten but you're right, she seemed to moon over Ten a little too much. However saying that, I did still like her most of the time. I loved her in the Satan Pit for instance and also in the Cyberman episodes. Good continuity from Season One, regarding how Rose wanted to see her father. And I really felt for her in Doomsday when she had to be seperated from the Doctor

Quote:
I think I've seen all of Doctor Who now except for The Christmas Invasion. Nine/Rose beats Ten/Rose by a mile.
Have you seen Series 4 with Donna (Catherine Tate) as the companion? That's a pretty good series

Quote:
What did you think of the final episodes in Season 3? There's always been an element of silliness in Russell Davies's episodes, but it was balanced with subtle, emotional scenes. He goes overboard with the silliness in the Master episodes. I tried to hate Captain Jack because of what JB said about Chris, but I failed! I noticed a certain sadness in Jack's eyes- a certain depth that the character didn't have in Season 1. JB could be very good in a dramatic role.
I liked the episodes, I thought they were well done. Sure I think there was some silliness in the episodes but I adored the scene in Last of the Timelords where the Doctor is grief stricken over losing the Master because he is the only TimeLord left in existance Brilliant acting from David.
I like Jack, I think he is a very good character but he is better in Doctor Who in then Torchwood. There's something about Torchwood, I really don't like. Don't know why.

Quote:
I'd love to see a storyline where Rose meet Nine/Rose in a parallel universe and gets into a catfight with herself over Nine! Think of all the permutations and romantic complications if Ten/Rose meet Nine/Rose in a parallell universe...! The mind boggles
Personally I'd just love to see a scene where Nine meets Ten. That would be so awesome Nine would laugh at his 'pretty boy' future self, no doubt.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread! I'll go add it to the board guide
Old 01-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

please add me to the list
Old 01-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Added

I miss Chris as Nine Just watched some of S1 again and Chris is just superb. I miss my Nine

Closed Thread   Post New Thread