Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

The thing that makes me sad if I'm on the right track is that I always believed that the show would bring back Lee McAvoy (from "Forest of the Dead," I think - I'm relatively new to Doctor Who so I'm not privvy to all the episode titles and whatnot yet) for Donna. The way they were literally torn apart broke my heart and then she told The Doctor how she'd found herself the perfect man...it just kills me that they didn't end up together. I like the sound of Donna Noble-McAvoy better than Donna Temple-Noble. I guess all I can hope for is that if - and when - they bring Donna back for another guest appearance, they bring Lee back and, well, I honestly don't care what happens to Sean. I just want Donna/Lee. And the real Ella and Joshua.[/QUOTE]

I wanted Lee to come back, too!
Then Donna really could live happily ever after, and I wouldn't have to worry about her anymore.
Nor The Doctor, either, and that would be nice.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholigan (View Post)
I wanted Lee to come back, too!
Then Donna really could live happily ever after, and I wouldn't have to worry about her anymore.
Nor The Doctor, either, and that would be nice.
I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Donna's been through so much. And she's shown so much growth! More than Rose or Martha, as far as I'm concerned. Out of the companions I've seen, Donna's my absolute favorite. It makes me sad and angry the way her story was ended (it's far more heartbreaking than Rose's ending - even before she got her perfect ending with her whole family and a Human Doctor 2.0). I feel so strongly that Donna deserves a happy ending too. Reverting her to who she was in "The Runaway Bride" is just cruel. When I heard she was coming back, I was so sure that they were going to give her the ending she deserved that I was floored when I found out she was engaged to Sean. As you said, if she got Lee back, I could move on and be happy knowing that she'd finally have the future she deserves with her perfect man. (And if she made future appearances, that'd just be icing on the cake.)

But as it stands, I'm extremely disappointed that the Donna/Lee storyline is such a big loose end. (And it may be just me, but it seems like Donna doesn't even really love Sean. Between her [little] interaction with him and Wilf's comments about him being "nice enough," it seems like he's just a stand-in [who looks a bit like Lance, IMO, and I bet that's not a coincidence] to fill her need for love and a husband. That's not fair to Donna or to Sean.)
Princess Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Master Fan

I'm watching a repeat on BBC1 right now.

Ten: "You can't come with me"
Wilf: "Your not leaving me with her"
Ten: "Fair enough!"

Also the scene with the master and the turkey is gross.

Last edited by SiriuslyPotter; 01-01-2010 at 06:57 AM
SiriuslyPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread