Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Elite Fan

Are there any Doctor Who sites that let you look up specific words or phrases?

I think the series has purposely had The Doctor reference Clara's eyes. From Gallifrey to Trenzalore, Clara---immortal tardis owner and the mortal splinters---has been the one to see The Doctor and remember him. It took him 1200 years to finally really see her. And now at 2100+ years he is back to being unable to really see her.

Do you remember any quotes about her eyes?

So far I've got...

"It's the eyes. Why are you all eyes? Get them under control."
"Is she doing the all-eyes thing?"
"You've got eyes out to here."
"Look at you. With your eyes."
Old 02-07-2016, 04:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
Are there any Doctor Who sites that let you look up specific words or phrases?

I think the series has purposely had The Doctor reference Clara's eyes. From Gallifrey to Trenzalore, Clara---immortal tardis owner and the mortal splinters---has been the one to see The Doctor and remember him. It took him 1200 years to finally really see her. And now at 2100+ years he is back to being unable to really see her.

Do you remember any quotes about her eyes?

So far I've got...

"It's the eyes. Why are you all eyes? Get them under control."
"Is she doing the all-eyes thing?"
"You've got eyes out to here."
"Look at you. With your eyes."
do you need quotes???

the eyes is a big thing now that you have mentioned it
Old 02-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't think of any other quotes about her eyes, but I'm not good when it comes to quotes.

There's Doctor Who WikiquoteWikiquote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
arh see yer that is true good thing that they did that would of hated the other way she left
Me, too. I think it was important to complete her story properly.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Does the DW WikiquoteWikiquote show you every time a specific word or phrase is mentioned so you don't have to dig through everything? There was a great Buffy the Vampire Slayer site that did that. They called it a dialogue database. It made it so easy to find the exact quote or subject you want.

I thought of another one. "Stop it with the eyes. Don't do that with the eyes. How do you do that anyway? It's like they inflate."
Old 02-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)

Me, too. I think it was important to complete her story properly.
Yes for Clara it didnt fit right martha yes clara no

Quote:
Does the DW WikiquoteWikiquote show you every time a specific word or phrase is mentioned so you don't have to dig through everything? There was a great Buffy the Vampire Slayer site that did that. They called it a dialogue database. It made it so easy to find the exact quote or subject you want.

I thought of another one. "Stop it with the eyes. Don't do that with the eyes. How do you do that anyway? It's like they inflate."
wow wish we had those sites see if i looking for a quote i just google it and try that way ..

another eye one
Old 02-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

I rewatched Journey to the center of the tardis and this quote really made me think of Whouffle. "It's like a light switch. Two positions. Flickering at super infinite speeds. We're only together for a brief second."

That is what their relationship has been like. The immortal Doctor traveling through time and space in his tardis. The immortal Clara traveling through time and space in her tardis. A diner and a police box passing by each other in the vortex.

But it was only in those couple of years that they got to be in the same frequency.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I rewatched Journey to the center of the tardis and this quote really made me think of Whouffle. "It's like a light switch. Two positions. Flickering at super infinite speeds. We're only together for a brief second."

That is what their relationship has been like. The immortal Doctor traveling through time and space in his tardis. The immortal Clara traveling through time and space in her tardis. A diner and a police box passing by each other in the vortex.

But it was only in those couple of years that they got to be in the same frequency.
oh thats an fantastic quote we should use that
Old 02-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

I saw a tumblr post that actually tried to say Clara's sacrifice in The name of the doctor wasn't a big deal because all she was doing in her regular life was babysitting and being bad at making soufflés. Can you believe that?

Clara already graduated from university with a teaching degree. She spent years planning her abroad travels. She was a nanny out of kindness and not career choice, providing much needed support to family friends, being there for a widower and his recently motherless children. Baking soufflés was a way for Clara to be closer to her (deceased) mom.

Some fans think 11 and Clara weren't that close in season 7 and so it didn't make sense for her to sacrifice herself in the finale.

Did they miss it when she drove an anti-grav moped through an asteroid field to rescue The Doctor? Or when she flew the tardis into a pocket universe to rescue The Doctor?

The first day Clara met him he did more than save her life. He arranged water, food, and a vase with flowers next to her bed and sat sentinel outside for hours while she slept, "guarding" her. "You're safe now. I promise."

Their second episode, they both heard the other reveal so much inner pain in their speeches to the sun parasite. And The Doctor made it clear he wasn't ever going to compare or put anyone above her. "You. No one else. Clara."

Their third episode, they didn't have the tardis. It would haven taken 3 or more weeks to travel from the North Pole to South Pole via submarine. That is a lot of alone time with not many places to go or other people to speak to.

Their fourth episode, was all about romantic love. Alec & Emma. The Crooked man & crooked woman. "Not everything ends. Not love. Not always." "You are the only mystery worth solving." "It's the oldest story in the universe, this one or any other. Boy and girl meet, fall in love, get separated by events. War. Politics. Accidents in time. And since then they've been yearning for each other. Across time and space. Across dimensions. This isn't a ghost story, it's a love story." The awkward way The Doctor got when he realized he had placed his arm around her while saying that.

Their fifth episode, The Doctor makes it clear his first priority is making sure she is okay. "Do you feel safe?" "I need to know you feel safe." He started teaching her how to fly the tardis. He tried to facilitate alone time between Clara and the tardis because they were the two most important women in his life and "it's important to me that you get along." Slapping her butt with the towel.

Their sixth episode, they went undercover as a married couple. When he rescued her he calls her "luv" and they spend several seconds just staring into each other's eyes. He calls her the boss, which she likes very much since she's a control freak. She got home and was all "I am the boss." Angie calls The Doctor Clara's boyfriend.

Their seventh episode, Artie calls The Doctor Clara's boyfriend. She saw him get really nervous/jealous when an Emperor of 1,000 galaxies proposed to her. She made it clear she understood their not admitting their feelings to each other was a power play, neither wanting to be the first to be emotionally vulnerable. "I know you well enough to know that you would rather die than say it."

Their eighth episode, the awkwardness of Madame Vastra introducing her to River made it clear to everyone that Clara was more than just a companion to The Doctor. Clara saw The Doctor crying in fear over his death and yet he still constantly checked on her to make sure she was alright.

For every episode we get, there are three more stories we don't get to see. We only saw 8 of their adventures within those first 7 months. The first 2 taking place the same week. Since she traveled with him every Wednesday (starting with The rings of Akhaten) that means we didn't get to see at least 21 of their adventures.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 02-09-2016 at 05:04 PM
Old 02-10-2016, 04:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ see at the start i would agree with the tumblr side cause they didnt do justice to clara .. but not that i rewatch it i see very differently
Old 02-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Buffy Summers is considered the most iconic female character of all time (Entertainment Weekly, Tv Guide, MTV, etc.) but how would her story have looked if we only got 12 episodes a season instead of 22? The series would've been 84 episodes instead of 144.

Imagine everything we could've gotten with Clara Oswald & Whouffle if there were more episodes per season.

What kind of scenes or episodes would you have wanted to see with them?

Oh! Imagine if they ran into a Clara splinter and The Doctor considered the ramifications of two Claras traveling long-term in the tardis but by episode's end the Clara splinter died. The Doctor would grieve yet another one but at the same time he'd have Clara prime there with him. And it would hit home with Clara the magnitude of what she has done (creating 1 million versions of herself) to save The Doctor & the universe.

Imagine The Doctor finally deciding to visit his granddaughter Susan and he introduces her to Clara and the show hints that Clara or a Clara splinter was The Doctor's first wife/Susan's grandmother.

I'd love to see The Doctor & Clara's relationship through the eyes of Jane Austen. It's my headcanon that Pride & Prejudice is based on them. I should really re-read that book.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

buffy was amazing that whole show was great i loved Faith

back to clara if we had more episodes in who we could do a lot but i think it would put a strain on the amount of actual story and time in one episode it would be rush .

2nd question i would of loved to have seen Clara and the doctor maybe do more travelling in the past im a sucker for history so anything in the past would of been nice maybe have them do another episode where Clara had to save the doctor and put it all in her point of veiw ?? he is smart enough to hold an episode by herself

i would of loved for susan to have came back or doctor go back to see her .. i wonder if the spilnter clara stayed in these era for a long time and have a relationship with each of the doctors? .. and the doctor not remembering her cause of his regeneration??

Jane austin DW episode would of been fabulous could you imagine?
Old 02-14-2016, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes to more travelling to the past.

I'd have loved Jane Austin make to have made an appearance.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
Yes to more travelling to the past.

I'd have loved Jane Austin make to have made an appearance.
I always want the past its so much fun
Old 02-15-2016, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know if I forgot about it or if I never saw the whole clip but now The time of the doctor deleted scene is one of my favorite Whouffle scenes.

And it was really sexual. Seriously.

The Doctor & Clara were hugging but then she practically jumps off of him and puts her hands on his arms while looking down towards that area of him. And he asks "What?" and she whispers "naked". She starts walking towards her apartment while he chuckles to himself, "Yes, I am."

So yeah, Clara definitely felt The Doctor's....I'll go with flesh-screwdriver. I wonder how much she felt. Did the Doctor enjoy hugging Clara so much he got aroused?

During the hug she felt his bare chest and shoulders and back and was fine with it. It wasn't until she was feeling something else that his nakedness became an issue.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I don't know if I forgot about it or if I never saw the whole clip but now The time of the doctor deleted scene is one of my favorite Whouffle scenes.

And it was really sexual. Seriously.

The Doctor & Clara were hugging but then she practically jumps off of him and puts her hands on his arms while looking down towards that area of him. And he asks "What?" and she whispers "naked". She starts walking towards her apartment while he chuckles to himself, "Yes, I am."

So yeah, Clara definitely felt The Doctor's....I'll go with flesh-screwdriver. I wonder how much she felt. Did the Doctor enjoy hugging Clara so much he got aroused?

During the hug she felt his bare chest and shoulders and back and was fine with it. It wasn't until she was feeling something else that his nakedness became an issue.
Ohh yes i remember that scene it was a werid scene though. . Wish they filmed that when matt was bulked up
Closed Thread   Post New Thread