Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2016, 05:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yes wow you did keep up makes sense i pretty sure amy/rory where with the doctor for 10 years as well Amy did mention that in one episode cause its timetravel they cqn go back and forth .

The apartment yes like rose and the teaching well i wish we knew more but its cool shes a teacher and the banana thinf lol thats just cute
Old 01-24-2016, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. The Ponds fit a decade worth of travel within a handful of years. If someone you know is aging a lot faster than everybody else, they might be a secret time traveler!

So for all we know Clara could've be in her early 30s already by the time she became an ageless immortal even though only 3 years passed in her Earth life.

Would have been really cute if The Doctor said, "As you wish, Professor Oswald." With Clara replying something like "Miss Oswald. Thanks though for the higher ranking."

In the past, governesses taught their charges. So Victorian Clara was also a teacher. Oswin was a Junior Entertainment Manager.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. The Ponds fit a decade worth of travel within a handful of years. If someone you know is aging a lot faster than everybody else, they might be a secret time traveler!

So for all we know Clara could've be in her early 30s already by the time she became an ageless immortal even though only 3 years passed in her Earth life.

Would have been really cute if The Doctor said, "As you wish, Professor Oswald." With Clara replying something like "Miss Oswald. Thanks though for the higher ranking."

In the past, governesses taught their charges. So Victorian Clara was also a teacher. Oswin was a Junior Entertainment Manager.
So clara was only traveling with the 4 doctor for 3 years?
Old 01-25-2016, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

It had only been 3 years in her Earthly life. She began her travels with The Doctor in September 2012 and ended them in November 2015.

I haven't gotten to see all of season 9 yet (though I know most of what happens) so I might recalculate their timeline in their last few months together.

But we do know it was December 2014 in Last Christmas and that Clara died before December 2015.

Since Clara did not skip any weeks from her Earthly life, she could have been traveling with The Doctor for 3 years within the 3 years she spent doing day to day (teacher, family life, etc.) stuff. So Clara would've experienced 6 years. That's life when you've got a time machine.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
It had only been 3 years in her Earthly life. She began her travels with The Doctor in September 2012 and ended them in November 2015.

I haven't gotten to see all of season 9 yet (though I know most of what happens) so I might recalculate their timeline in their last few months together.

But we do know it was December 2014 in Last Christmas and that Clara died before December 2015.

Since Clara did not skip any weeks from her Earthly life, she could have been traveling with The Doctor for 3 years within the 3 years she spent doing day to day (teacher, family life, etc.) stuff. So Clara would've experienced 6 years. That's life when you've got a time machine.
yer 6 years makes sense i mean its all timey wimiey really
Old 02-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Whouffle is a bootstrap paradox.

Think about it. What really came first, Doctor Who or Clara Who? The moon or the space dragon?

We don't know who will live longer. They are both immortal.

He entered her childhood. She entered his childhood.

He inspired her to be Clara Who. She inspired him to be Doctor Who.

He picked out her tardis. She picked out his tardis.

"That which holds the image of an angel becomes itself an angel." It stands to reason "That which holds the image of The Doctor becomes itself The Doctor."

Clara has already been tied to weeping angels since she had a replica Statue of Liberty in her diner room of the tardis.

The Doctor helped set the course for Clara's life. And Clara helped set the course for The Doctor's life.

We have seasons of The Doctor pre-Clara but for him, there isn't a pre-Clara. She was there when he was 8 years old, whispering about fear and kindness. She was there when he was 236 years old and broke into the repair shop to flee Gallifrey. She's been there all throughout his life, in every century and incarnation.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's very true.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

There are complaints "Doctor Who" became "Clara Who" but that was entirely the point. The story has always been half hers. It's just The Doctor (and IRL fans) didn't realize it until he was in his 1200s. We were only getting things from his perspective. Imagine decades of watching Angel go from a drunkard to evil vampire to cursed with a soul and then suddenly Buffy shows up in season 33. If it had started with Angel's path instead of Buffy's origin story, how would she have been received? Buffy Summers became Guardian of the Hellmouth, head of the Watchers Council, Queen of the Slayers, and half of the Twilight Prophecy. But Angel didn't meet her until he was 200+ years old.

The Doctor & Clara have very similar stories. We just started following his sooner. Clara has been a part of The Doctor's life as long as he has been a part of hers. They've influenced each other and crisscrossed time-streams so much they've become a bootstrap paradox. We don't know how long Clara will live between heartbeats. It could be centuries, millenniums. She might live to the exact age The Doctor will live. For all we know, they choose to die on the same day.

The Doctor is immortal, stole a tardis with a broken chameleon circuit disguised as a 1950s Earth service structure (police telephone box), fled Gallifrey, has sonic wear, knows his death will happen on Trenzalore, travels with female earthlings, and has one life but many faces. His granddaughter studied at Coal Hill and as a mortal he was a teacher.

Clara is immortal, stole a tardis with a broken chameleon circuit disguised as a 1950s Earth service structure (diner/gas station), fled Gallifrey, has sonic wear, knows her death will happen on Trap Street, travels with a female earthling, and has many lives but one face. As a mortal Clara taught at Coal Hill.

The Doctor was in Clara's childhood. Clara was in The Doctor's childhood. He picked out her tardis. She picked out his tardis. He is the reason she was extracted. She is the reason he has a potentially unlimited regeneration cycle.

Clara has always been more than a DW companion or love interest. She was the hidden half of the series. Unfortunately, we only got to witness three seasons of her.

Can you imagine if Jenna had signed on for Clara Who? If we had gotten 5 seasons or 10 seasons of immortal Clara traveling through time and space in her tardis. Having her own adventures and saving galaxies. Right outside of The Doctor's radar but so close.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 02-03-2016 at 04:30 PM
Old 02-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Whouffle is a bootstrap paradox.

Think about it. What really came first, Doctor Who or Clara Who? The moon or the space dragon?

We don't know who will live longer. They are both immortal.

He entered her childhood. She entered his childhood.

He inspired her to be Clara Who. She inspired him to be Doctor Who.

He picked out her tardis. She picked out his tardis.

"That which holds the image of an angel becomes itself an angel." It stands to reason "That which holds the image of The Doctor becomes itself The Doctor."

Clara has already been tied to weeping angels since she had a replica Statue of Liberty in her diner room of the tardis.

The Doctor helped set the course for Clara's life. And Clara helped set the course for The Doctor's life.

We have seasons of The Doctor pre-Clara but for him, there isn't a pre-Clara. She was there when he was 8 years old, whispering about fear and kindness. She was there when he was 236 years old and broke into the repair shop to flee Gallifrey. She's been there all throughout his life, in every century and incarnation.
Wow see i love this i never saw clara like this and it makes sense we you put it like this
Old 02-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Once we were given more of Clara's story, it led me to believe Weeping Angels and The Silence were both metaphors and foreshadowing of her.

Weeping angels ---- they're all around you, can travel unseen, make use of time paradoxes (in their case, "potential energy" from years you would've had), if you see them they are frozen

Silence ---- they're all around you, can travel unseen, there is a perception filter around them, guide the course of your life without you knowing it, created to be priests, if you see them you'll forget
Old 02-04-2016, 05:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Once we were given more of Clara's story, it led me to believe Weeping Angels and The Silence were both metaphors and foreshadowing of her.

Weeping angels ---- they're all around you, can travel unseen, make use of time paradoxes (in their case, "potential energy" from years you would've had), if you see them they are frozen

Silence ---- they're all around you, can travel unseen, there is a perception filter around them, guide the course of your life without you knowing it, created to be priests, if you see them you'll forget
Arh thats an interesting twist i would of never thouhht that both these things where created way before her time
Old 02-04-2016, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

Do you mean the writers created them before creating Clara or that the creatures existed before Clara? If the latter, remember she's now a) an immortal with her own tardis and b) has copies of herself spread throughout time and space.

If the former, I've always believed there are patterns and recurring themes, messages in art (literature, movies, tv shows, etc.) that go beyond the artist's intent. Well, at least beyond the author/screenwriter/director. Art comes from the collective unconscious, the astral/spirit realms, encoded DNA, Muses, God/the gods, etc. Sometimes you create something without knowing the full reason.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Do you mean the writers created them before creating Clara or that the creatures existed before Clara? If the latter, remember she's now a) an immortal with her own tardis and b) has copies of herself spread throughout time and space.

If the former, I've always believed there are patterns and recurring themes, messages in art (literature, movies, tv shows, etc.) that go beyond the artist's intent. Well, at least beyond the author/screenwriter/director. Art comes from the collective unconscious, the astral/spirit realms, encoded DNA, Muses, God/the gods, etc. Sometimes you create something without knowing the full reason.
Well the weeping angels was created in season 3 that was 4 seasons before clara so thats what i mean but you could be right it could be a metaphor later on for clara?.. no new creates came when she was there
Old 02-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And she was meant to became like the Doctor. Getting her own TARDIS and companion.

It's why Moffat and Peter tried so hard to get Jenna to change her mind about leaving after Series Eight. Which obviously worked.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
And she was meant to became like the Doctor. Getting her own TARDIS and companion.

It's why Moffat and Peter tried so hard to get Jenna to change her mind about leaving after Series Eight. Which obviously worked.
arh see yer that is true good thing that they did that would of hated the other way she left
Closed Thread   Post New Thread