Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2015, 05:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Loved their relationship. At least now she can come back anytime.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 12-28-2015, 03:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

yes thats true
Old 12-29-2015, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)
They do have a great friendship as well. He did mention that she was his friend several times in the season to people. It's sad with her erasing his memories of her.
I was happy Clara didn't lose her memories.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

I hate the opions of loosing memories it donna all over again
Old 01-06-2016, 04:29 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't see any other companion having as much chemistry with PC as JC did as Clara. I guess we'll see ... but I'll hold out hope that we see Clara again.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I don't see any other companion having as much chemistry with PC as JC did as Clara. I guess we'll see ... but I'll hold out hope that we see Clara again.
fingers crossed i did enjoy these two it was very special
Old 01-15-2016, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Lately I've been Whouffle nonstop. I haven't even finished watching s9 (have it on request at the library, saw the first 2 episodes online) but know the whole plot since I've read so many episode transcripts, reviews, articles, meta, etc.

I have started to gather pics and dialogue from each season to map out the parallels, symmetry, metaphors, symbolism, etc. Especially (okay, primarily) how Clara can be tied into pre-s7 storylines. I've always been a firm believer that despite what a writer originally intended, media (books, movies, tv series, etc.) take on a life of their own. They always have deeper meaning and ineffable synchronicity.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
Lately I've been Whouffle nonstop. I haven't even finished watching s9 (have it on request at the library, saw the first 2 episodes online) but know the whole plot since I've read so many episode transcripts, reviews, articles, meta, etc.

I have started to gather pics and dialogue from each season to map out the parallels, symmetry, metaphors, symbolism, etc. Especially (okay, primarily) how Clara can be tied into pre-s7 storylines. I've always been a firm believer that despite what a writer originally intended, media (books, movies, tv series, etc.) take on a life of their own. They always have deeper meaning and ineffable synchronicity.
Welcome what are you up to?
Old 01-18-2016, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Just rewatched some of The name of the Doctor and it is so eye rolling that River thinks so highly of the fact she knows The Doctor's name.

Clara found out his name on her own---extremely easily, on accident---within months of meeting him. While River found out after knowing about The Doctor and studying him for decades and admitted she had to coax it out of him.

Fans made and some still make a huge deal out of River knowing The Doctor's name.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Just rewatched some of The name of the Doctor and it is so eye rolling that River thinks so highly of the fact she knows The Doctor's name.

Clara found out his name on her own---extremely easily, on accident---within months of meeting him. While River found out after knowing about The Doctor and studying him for decades and admitted she had to coax it out of him.

Fans made and some still make a huge deal out of River knowing The Doctor's name.
didnt the doctor tell er his name?
Old 01-21-2016, 03:23 AM
Elite Fan

You mean in The wedding of River Song? No. River admitted later to Amy that he really just said to look into his eye so she could see the body wasn't really his. And then in The name of the doctor, River told Clara that when he did tell her his name it was because, "I made him. It took awhile."

I'm almost picturing her badgering The Doctor into telling her his name in the same way that Donna got that guy to agree to marry her in The runaway bride.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
You mean in The wedding of River Song? No. River admitted later to Amy that he really just said to look into his eye so she could see the body wasn't really his. And then in The name of the doctor, River told Clara that when he did tell her his name it was because, "I made him. It took awhile."

I'm almost picturing her badgering The Doctor into telling her his name in the same way that Donna got that guy to agree to marry her in The runaway bride.
Yes your right thats what happen a great episode
Old 01-21-2016, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

The Doctor/River is one of my NOTPs but I really love your avie. Just from looking at stills it is obvious River had more chemistry with Doctor 12 than with Doctor 11.

Whouffle thought....

For all we know, Clara travels for millenniums before returning to Gallifrey to be unextracted from the Trap Street. So she is out there having adventures through time and space, just like The Doctor. Even though we didn't see her pre-s7, she was there. So all that time The Doctor traveled in his tardis and picked up companions and saved galaxies, Clara was doing the same thing in her own tardis with her own companions. They are so OTP.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
The Doctor/River is one of my NOTPs but I really love your avie. Just from looking at stills it is obvious River had more chemistry with Doctor 12 than with Doctor 11.

Whouffle thought....

For all we know, Clara travels for millenniums before returning to Gallifrey to be unextracted from the Trap Street. So she is out there having adventures through time and space, just like The Doctor. Even though we didn't see her pre-s7, she was there. So all that time The Doctor traveled in his tardis and picked up companions and saved galaxies, Clara was doing the same thing in her own tardis with her own companions. They are so OTP.
Yer im not a huge river/docror shipper but i do enjoy her more with the 12th doctor he had better relationship with river and clara

Yes river was travelling all the time prior to us meeting her but was she traveling ij the tardis?
Old 01-22-2016, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

I made a huge blunder in calculating Clara's age timeline.

I kept thinking she was 24 in the first few episodes of season 7b because that was the last age she wrote down in her 101 places to see book in The bells of Saint John. But she was 25. She just didn't write her age when she was 16, 23, or 25.

In Death in heaven, the cyberman says Clara was born November 23, 1986. That makes her 25.10 years old in The bells of Saint John and 26.5 years old in The name of the Doctor.

That means she traveled with Doctor 11 for only 15 months since she was 27.1 years old in The time of the doctor/Deep breath.

I'm guessing The name of the doctor is the last month (April 2013) she was governess for the Maitland kids. She moved out of their attic soon after and got her own apartment and then started working at Coal Hill School that September. The day of the doctor was their one year anniversary.

The Doctor spent the first 7 months of knowing Clara not being able to fully trust his feelings for her because he didn't know how she could've lived three lives in three different centuries and so thought her perfection and his almost immediate love for her must be some kind of long con by his enemies.

So Doctor 11/Clara only had 8 months of complete trust on both sides.

If only we had a few episodes in between The name of the doctor (April 2013) & The time of the doctor (December 2013).

Headcanons:

The Doctor commented on how the apartment complex she moved into looks really familiar (same one the Tylers lived in).

The Doctor bought Clara the motor bike when she got hired as an English teacher at Coal Hill School. "You have a proper job now. You're gonna need wheels."

Clara practiced her first lesson plan "teaching skills" on The Doctor.

The Doctor mentions he was a teacher in 1913 (Human nature/The family of blood). He was going by John Smith and taught history at Farringham School for boys.

The Doctor gave her a banana her first day and she told him it's supposed to be an apple but "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" so bananas are better.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread