Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-20-2004, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm taping tonight's show
Old 07-20-2004, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by SpinBeneathCandy
I just wanted to say Courtney and Amali have grown on me so far.

About Tas. The first girl.... I thought was shocking and then they were having doubts anout Amali. Ahh judges are funny.
I liked Amali too! Of course I'm biased though. She sang not one, but two alicia keys songs. i was so proud.

I know hey!! I saw nothing in the first girl and was a little shocked at how they didn't really want her. Hm.

I liked the funny guy with the big voice..you know, the one who went in there and warmed up like a tennis player.

GOONYGOOGOO?!! What the hell is that? He's an embarrassment to our country. Well sure, we knew that already..but if you were a little skeptical..you shouldn't be any more. *cringe*
Old 07-20-2004, 06:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Is it wrong that I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that they only let TWO Tassie people through? What a let down for them! Half the auditionees must have frozen to death TitanicLeo style before they made it inside or something...

Dicko is my new Idol - anyone who can dance like a spaz is gold!

There were a couple that I liked tonight. That first girl at the start of the show (is that Amali?). And the mum who cried and looked a little like Pink. Speaking of lookalikes, hello Shannon! LOL!

Forgot to add a big YAY! for Guy being on tomorrow!
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 07-20-2004, 07:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
I liked Amali too! Of course I'm biased though. She sang not one, but two alicia keys songs. i was so proud.
I unfortunately missed most of last night's show and dang! I miss out on people singing Alicia Keys?! Was she good? What songs did she sing? I probably would have been biased too, especially if she sang them well.

Another round of Dicko dancing, hee. He was really getting into it, eh? And God, Holden is such a tool, I sat there shuddering.

Jen, I got my links from the Lisa thread over at TWOP in the AI forum.

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by loquacity
I unfortunately missed most of last night's show and dang! I miss out on people singing Alicia Keys?! Was she good? What songs did she sing? I probably would have been biased too, especially if she sang them well.
Yep..She sang If I Aint Got You (rushed this song a bit but it was nerves) and then Dicko made her sing another song so she did Never Felt This Way (well only 2 lines of it..but hey. ALICIA! woo!)

[btw from before..yup that's Alicia in my avie!]

Nerves aside, she sang them well! She sounded a bit like Camile.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM
Is it wrong that I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that they only let TWO Tassie people through?
Well ....the newspaper was right about the talent thing, I wonder how Perth went tonight... the newpaper said the same thing too I'll look at my tape tomorrow
Old 07-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JustaGirl
Well ....the newspaper was right about the talent thing, I wonder how Perth went tonight... the newpaper said the same thing too I'll look at my tape tomorrow
I think it was 11 people that went through from Perth

@ Dicko
Old 07-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the 411, Evie. Eeeep! "Never Felt This Way"? That's one of my favourite tracks off Songs In A Minor, even though it's only 2 minutes long. And I really love "If I Ain't Got You". Dangit, now I'm really annoyed I missed last night's Idol. Grrr. I quite liked Camile's voice, it was just her nerves that let her down.

Seriously, anyone who performs Alicia Keys well will automatically get my vote, I love her.

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by p&j =true luv
I think it was 11 people that went through from Perth

@ Dicko
yep 11 went through...

they showed a guy from my sisters school...he sucked so bad

oh dear god, Flynn is on Good Morning Australia singing 'Beat It', the whole William HUng thing is starting

ETA: Dicko dancing was the best thing i have seen in a while...

Dicko
Old 07-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
I liked the funny guy with the big voice..you know, the one who went in there and warmed up like a tennis player.
I thought he was pretty cool, too. Hope he's in the comp for a while coz he should be entertaining not just when he performs, but in all the behind the scenes stuff, too.

Quote:

GOONYGOOGOO?!! What the hell is that? He's an embarrassment to our country.
WORD! Oh. My. God. Someone's gotta put a gag on that man and fast!!!

There's a video of Dicko dancing on the official site. Dicko is the most rockin' Idol judge I've ever seen, and I'm so proud that he's ours!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee

There's a video of Dicko dancing on the official site. Dicko is the most rockin' Idol judge I've ever seen, and I'm so proud that he's ours!!!
heee!!

i wish they had the whole video there
Old 07-21-2004, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

I have Dicko dancing on tape

Old 07-21-2004, 03:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SpinBeneathCandy
I still don't get why they were iffy about Amali. She was the best out of Tassie.
I did. She could sing, but it was like she was just singing it without feeling
Old 07-21-2004, 03:58 AM
Elite Fan

Well I'm not saying that. I didn't really like the girl before her

I'm just saying that I understand why they were hesitant about putting her through
Old 07-21-2004, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dana: yeah you should get Alicia's albums..they're both fantastic..I don't know which one I like better.

Tina: NFTW is one of my faves too! It should have been a track on its own (not an interlude) but eh, it flows so well into butterflyz so it's okay. Good, if you liked Camile you should like her..Maybe she'll sing another Alicia song later! (iiiii keeeep onn fallllllin...ahaha I can just imagine the judges groaning if someone sang that )

I think Amali sang with emotion..not as much as some people have shown but hey, she *was* last. I would have been racked with nerves also..

Who else remembers those twins from Popstars? If I recall correctly, one of them was to go through on popstars but as the other didn't she declined the offer. I guess they had no other opportunites hence her not bothering to even consider her twin when she made it..ahaha. hm, shouldn't laugh.