Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Australian Idol #15: No Seacrest! Woo! But we've still got bloody Holden...

Australian Idol #15: No Seacrest! Woo! But we've still got bloody Holden...

Old thread: Ozmerican Idol #14: Seacrest Out... Bug Eyes and Poser In...

It starts tonight, yayness

I hope it's okay that I started the new thread, everyone - feel free to hit me if it isn't, LOL!
Neighbours|Official Idol Geekâ„¢|Sidekick #194
Old 07-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Is there anything that I should add to the first post?

That sucks about Paulini's chart position, too. The poor thing, she started to celebrate and everything. At least it was Shannon who came out in front and not Millsy or something, yeesh!
Neighbours|Official Idol Geekâ„¢|Sidekick #194
Old 07-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread Carly

Yeah as much as I donot like Paulini, it is so sad what happened to her - embrassing even! Especially because she would've been so excited!

But it's cool that it went to Shannon instead!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

Excellent idea to start the new thread a few posts early. This way we can start with a fresh thread for a fresh season. Only a few hours to go before it starts!

Love the thread title....so very true.

Wonder if the people who count the sales for the Aria charts are the same mob who count the votes on BB. It does kinda suck for Paulini to lose top spot that way, but it sounds like there was barely any difference between her and Shannon anyway.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The title looks so odd without OzMerican but it's good, I love it!

Is that really what people do to bump up chart numbers? (someone posted about a lady buying 500 copies of something to bump some track up) if that's so, no one must be buying cds anymore because I would have thought the number would have been much greater to make a difference..

Anywho, I'm sad Paulini didn't get her #1 but like she says..everything happens for a reason. Perhaps it'll be next week. And #2's not so bad..#3 on the other hand..

FLINNNG!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Supreme Fan

Im extra dissapointed for paulini, as shannon has had a #1 single before... paulini hasnt, so it sucks extra for her... but #2 is still pretty impressive.

I really can't believe Aus Idol starts back tonight... i dont think im as excited as i was last year... but im still excited.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie

Is that really what people do to bump up chart numbers? (someone posted about a lady buying 500 copies of something to bump some track up) if that's so, no one must be buying cds anymore because I would have thought the number would have been much greater to make a difference..

:
yep, thats what people do, thats why they dont count sales where people have bought multiple copies of the one song, hence the reason Paulini dropped to #2...

the cd sales between each song on the charts may only be 10 or so, from what i understand the sales on the top songs, are fairly packed together numbers wise ...

i could be wrong though...
Old 07-13-2004, 01:04 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the new thread!! ahh back to just Australian Idol in the title...hee, it's great

I'm excited that it's starting back up tonight! Even though it's only auditions, yaaaaay
Old 07-13-2004, 01:07 AM
Master Fan

what type of stuff do they show on idol extra ??
Old 07-13-2004, 01:10 AM
Elite Fan

I just edited it out coz I checked the guide at the Ch V site and it has Idol bits all over the place

Idol Extra goes for half n hour on Sat and Sun and it has behind the scenes stuff, silly interviews & talks with the contestants..James squeling 'oh my god it's guyyyyy!'...stuff like that
Old 07-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

did anyone hear James on 92.9 in Perth, they were bagging him out about rumours about him and Millsy, and he was like "i know, he never calls, or writes...bastard" though it was cute..
Old 07-13-2004, 02:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -

did anyone hear James on 92.9 in Perth, they were bagging him out about rumours about him and Millsy, and he was like "i know, he never calls, or writes...bastard" though it was cute..
Aw, I wish I'd heard that Was that on ZTB, or a later show?
Old 07-13-2004, 02:13 AM
Elite Fan

This is the latest about the Idol Extra stuff:

Quote:
Ok so;

The key highlights for this weekend is the return of Australian Idol Extra at 4pm on Sat & Sun (a new episode each day), behind-the-scenes of the Audition process with G & James (with whatUwant following straight after). These are repeated at 10:30pm & 11pm on Sunday (ep 1 first, of course).

On Sunday as well, at 5:30pm (EST if satellite, not if Foxtel cable), out Hanging With special focuses on Australian Idol with all the highlights and lowlights of last year’s series, the artists and how they’ve gone since etc.

These are the two big ones – but also, between 12pm and 4pm each day our playlist will be a bit more Idol-orientated with all the hits from them, plus a lot of Idol Extra flashbacks spread throughout in the warm up to Idol Extra’s return.

This means the Idol flashbacks will be played between music videos, not episodes or anything like that. The programming department keep telling me all it is, is a "warm up" to AI2, and that we probably shouldn't get too excited over it.

They also told me that Australian Idol Extra is really hilarious, but ah, they could be just trying to reap in the viewers.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by p&j =true luv
Aw, I wish I'd heard that Was that on ZTB, or a later show?
i believe it was the morning show with ZTB...

i didnt hear the original interview, but i heard a snippet of it on a highlights bit later in the day
Old 07-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Addicted Fan

I have a feeling I'm gonna miss the whole thing if I don't leave now so I'm gonna post and dash.

Carly, thanks for the new thread mate! Funny title. I was waiting for Queer Eye last night and and they did the promo thing at the end of Big Brother. The voice over guy said "There is only one Dicko and Marcia. blahblah about Aus Idol being on tomorrow", with no mention of Holden at all. Ha.

- Erin, from TWOP.