Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-13-2004, 02:35 AM
Elite Fan

awsome I don't really listen to the morning show anymore, so it's good they have the highlights
Old 07-13-2004, 05:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks dudes

Well, Australian Idol is back! Yay! I was just so happy to see the opening title sequence. I thought the little recap at the start, of last years shenanigans was pretty cool.

A lot of people are kidding themselves if they think they can sing. Bloody hell. There's a lot of deluded guys and gals out there, LOL! What about that chick who sang a million decibels too high? And of course our very own Hung, Flynn (or is it Fling? I'm so confuzzled). He was shakin' that bootay like there was no tomorrow.

What about that dude that got through in Melbourne that looked like a cross between Stifler and Daniel MacPherson! He was good and had a pretty smile.

I loved the bit in the end credits when Jimmy kicked the footy into the window when there was auditions on, and then when he was talking to the baby! Hee.

Pete's audition on Rove, LOL! He sang 'Mona' by Craig McLachlan, what a classic!
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 07-13-2004, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

i have one word...

Fling

he is so going to be the aussie william hung
Old 07-13-2004, 05:28 AM
Addicted Fan

That baby at the end was so cute! Awww.

Apart of that, what else is there to say but - eh. The first round of auditions are always the same, all they show is a bunch of people who think they have talent but don't and a few good singers in between. The judges were really kind to Flynn/Fling (heh), which I thought was nice of them, the poor guy probably would've cried or something. Can't blame him for choice of song though - that's one of my favourite Michael Jackson songs.

I felt nostalgic for all things Idol so now I'm listening to an Idol mix track list. Right now, it's Diana DeGarmo's "Think" (she kicked booty that night!) and it was Guy's "The Love You Save" previously. Wait, now it's Justin Guarini's "Get Here", one of the many renditions he sang. Heh.

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:01 AM
Master Fan

I watched
Yeo the baby was so cute!
Hey what is the offical site address?
Old 07-13-2004, 06:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Official Site Link

They've made it all shiny and new from last time, it looks good.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

aww yeah James and the baby were cute

I think Flynn was trying to be a Will Hung, but still, funny

They changed the website pretty fast. I was there a few days ago and it was the old layout.

I'm glad it's back on, but I want them to get to the later rounds already..
Old 07-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by p&j =true luv
I'm glad it's back on, but I want them to get to the later rounds already..
Yeah me too... the auditions can me amusing and all... but the main reason i watch is for the serious stuff.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 07-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked a few of them but I've forgotten their names..No boys as yet, because most of them are tryhards..Actually, I liked the voice of the wrestlertype who sang Lets Stay Together (or some other song Justin sang) but he'll probably get on my nerves later like Matt from AI3.

I liked the stayathome mum with the green eyes but I reckon it's just another Bek story for the show as there were a few others who they didn't let through.. but should have. (that probably didn't make sense but okay)
Old 07-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

One that I didn't think they should have let through was that 16-year-old from Tamworth - I agree with Dicko, I don't think he looked and sounded ready at all.

The mum has a lot of Bek elements, doesn't she.

The wrestler guy wasn't too bad, and I immediately thought of Justin as well when he sang that!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yup, I agree with Dicko about that kid, too. Perhaps if he comes back to audition for season 4 he'll be ready for it, (no doubt the kid can sing), but he's only 16, and he looks about 14....there's no way he's gonna win, so they should have saved the spot for someone else.

Flynn was freakin' cool. I love how he wasn't daunted at all by the fact that he didn't get through.

The ones who throw tantrums kinda bug me. Everyone knows by now what the audition process is like, so no one should be going in there expecting to have their butt kissed by the judges, you should be going in braced for the worst, so don't bitch and moan about it if you get insulted!!! I can apprectiate the fact that it'd be a huge blow if they really got stuck into you, but really, what do these people expect?!?

OMG I Andrew and Jimmy so much. How cute were they when the footy hit the window?! And the bit with the baby was priceless!!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee
OMG I Andrew and Jimmy so much. How cute were they when the footy hit the window?!
and then how Marcia turns to the window and goes "I wish they'd grow up!"

Something like that anyway
Old 07-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Supreme Fan

I love the bit at the end tonight, with dicko dancing, and with Andrew singing Sarah... and James was baging him... then one of the judges says to him, your going to sydney.... i esp loved when James said after that... he's only going to sydney because he lives there!

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 07-14-2004, 05:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Juzzie
I love the bit at the end tonight, with dicko dancing, and with Andrew singing Sarah... and James was baging him... then one of the judges says to him, your going to sydney.... i esp loved when James said after that... he's only going to sydney because he lives there!
That was my favourite bit from tonight too! Love me some Jimmy.

I wish the auditions would hurry the hell up and be over, LOL! Idol is great and it's fab that it's back on, but I'm anxious to see them all in Sydney now.

I didn't mind the girl that had the really loud voice, the one that Mark asked to hear a ballad from & I thought "Soul Mama" was good. The dad with the daughter that cried was another good one.

LOL @ Dicko when "Death" walked in: "Mark, it's time to go..."

Ooh, and I was in the 95% of people that thought that guy who took his jacket off was a tosser What a tanty thrower.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Yes, agreed, he was a massive tosser.

I think I pulled a muscle while laughing at the guy who did his best Tim Curry impression and sang "Sweet Transvestite", complete with the outfit and everything. Needless to say, I was not surprised that he did not get in but now I have a jones to watch that movie.

- Erin, from TWOP.