Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-14-2004, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No standouts for me as yet..And they said this year was going to be bigger and better than last year..hm.

Just for discussion..:

My sister and I were discussing who we'd have in our Top 10 if we could pick any idol from any Idol show and this is what she got (in no particular order):

Ryan Starr (AI1)
Leah LaBelle (AI3)
Tamyra Gray (AI1) winner
Shannon Noll (AusI1)
Lauren Buckley (AusI1)
Ryan Malcolm (CanI1)
Jamai (? saw him on WI)
Ejay Day (AI1)
Justin Guarini (AI1)
Cle (AusI1) runner-up

And mine is:

Justin
RJ (AI1) runner-up
Tamyra winner
Paulini
Camile
Cle
Guy
Leah
Ryan Starr
Shannon

Who'd be in your top 10? (You can pick any idol ever.)
Old 07-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Dude with "Chippindale" act, definitely a bit of a wanker. Hehe. No attraction there.

I didn't minded these intial 2 audition shows, to tell you the truth. . It's either due to the fact that I have not seen Aus Idol for so long, or I am incredibly bored. LOL. It's probably a mix of the two. I read that the show got really good ratings for the Tuesday night, so that is fantastic!

I have loved having it back, specifically seeing Jimmy and G, and the judges. It's just so much more fun than American Idol. The two boys are hella funny and cute at the same time. Was Dicko also singing AND dancing with some girls for next weeks show, or was I seeing things?

Now, onto the contestants. I don't really remember anyone from the shows except the singing teacher from Canberra (I think anyway) and the guy from Brisbane who looked like Ali G and was quite soft spoken. Although I think he looks more like Eric Balfor who played Gabe in 'Six Feet Under' and was also in 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre'. Do you think the people who got through, who did have a mini segment on their audition got through to the Top 30? It's a tad unfair to everyone else, as they are pretty much setting up their fanbase. Though, I do think the music teacher (I wanted to hit Mark and tell him to stop panting, poor girl!) from Canberra was an excellent singer. Quite a 'classical' voice, almost like Josh Groban. A lot of the guys who went through had fairly 'classical' voices now that I think about it.

Carly - the guy who you thought looked like Dan Mac, I totally agree! For me, it was his cheekbones and a bit of his eyes that spelt out him. He was good, if not a bit boyband-ish. I think you can tell a lot about a person by their song choices. . Thankfully, a lot of them did fairly good songs and not some teeny boppy trash.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Leah? Camille? LAUREN? Hmm, not really for me Evie. .

I've only seen a handful of American Idol snippits, as well as their third series and of course our own. I guess I would pick:

* Guy S
* Tamyra G
* Lisa L
* Paulini C
* Kelly C
* Cosima D

... And I can't remember/want anyone else. .
Old 07-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Although I think he looks more like Eric Balfor who played Gabe in 'Six Feet Under' and was also in 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre'
ahh..thank you! i was trying to figure out who he reminded me of, Eric Balfour was also in the OC. i couldnt think if his name

nobody stands out to me so far, but there was so many bad performances, it was hard to remember the good ones...

i'm not up on the first 2 American Idols, but is Tamyra Gray the really skinny chick who was singing in the finale of AI3 ?? i have heard some titilating gossip on her, but never really paid attention to who she actually was
Old 07-15-2004, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Linda *
Was Dicko also singing AND dancing with some girls for next weeks, or was I seeing things
Dicko should just not dance, but when he does, it's hella funny

I missed this 'Chippindale' act bit...what did the guy do?
Old 07-15-2004, 03:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by p&j =true luv

I missed this 'Chippindale' act bit...what did the guy do?
as he was singing, he took off his jacket, in this real dramatic strip act

he didnt have that bad of a voice, he was just a tool
Old 07-15-2004, 03:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by p&j =true luv
Dicko should just not dance, but when he does, it's hella funny
Thats for sure Its fun to laugh at him... rather than laugh at what he has to say about other people.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 07-15-2004, 03:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -
as he was singing, he took off his jacket, in this real dramatic strip act

he didnt have that bad of a voice, he was just a tool
ahhh thanks Jen. He seemed like he had a bit of an attitude though, coz I came back to the tv as he came out of the audition

My favourite Dicko dance was the one from last yr, when someone walked past so he just stopped and walked off
Old 07-15-2004, 05:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ooh, Top 10, decisions, decisions...

Guy Sebastian (AuI 1)
Paulini (AuI 1)
Kelly Clarkson (AmI 1)
Diana DeGarmo (AmI 3) - girl is cheerleadery, but girl can sang
Shannon Noll (AuI 1)
George Huff (AmI 3)
Justin Guarini (AmI 1)
LaToya London (AmI 3)
Tamyra Gray (AmI 1)
Kurt Nilsen (World Idol)

I would love to see a competition with these guys in it, but it would be so hard to choose who to kick out each week!

Because I'm bored I'm going to choose one song I would love to hear from them if they were on a special Idol show (one they've sang on the show already or released)...

Guy - When I Get You Alone
Paulini - Chains
Kelly - Beautiful Disaster (Tinkly piano version)
Diana - I Believe
Shannon - The Way She Loved Me
George - Take Me To The Pilot
Justin - Route 66
LaToya - All By Myself
Tamyra - Raindrops Will Fall
Kurt - Beautiful Day

I wish I had a dancing Dicko avatar
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 07-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

did anyone hear James on 92.9 in Perth, they were bagging him out about rumours about him and Millsy, and he was like "i know, he never calls, or writes...bastard" though it was cute..
I heard that too

Anyway maybe I read the newspaper wrong about no Perth peeps being in this A12 I don't know
But I did hear about the judges said there's no Talent in Perth and Tazzie
The judges seems alot tough this year

Pete from rove live should not sing
Old 07-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Wasnt Flynn the cutest thing in the world!
His little actions for Dont be a boy, be a man were so sweet and the way in which he was so thankful for the opportunity.

I really liked the music teacher from Canberra - Jessica Furhmiester. She seemed the sweetest thing and had a lovely voice. I hope she goes far although I doubt it for some reason.

Although the auditions arent as painful as the AmerI ones, I wish they would get to the Seymour Centre

Sara
Old 07-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I didn't minded these intial 2 audition shows, to tell you the truth. .

I have loved having it back, specifically seeing Jimmy and G, and the judges. It's just so much more fun than American Idol. The two boys are hella funny and cute at the same time.
Yeah me too..The American one went on way too long (I know they have more states than us so more footage but bleh) Seacrest has nothing on bugeyes + g..

Quote:
Leah? Camille? LAUREN? Hmm, not really for me Evie. .

* Kelly C
Hee. Well Leah & Camile have great voices..I don't know what she sees in Lauren.

Clarkson or Cavuoto?
[as I was typing that I was trying to remember if that was *actually* Cavuoto's first name because she so doesn't look like a "kelly"..]

Quote:
is Tamyra Gray the really skinny chick who was singing in the finale of AI3 ?? i have heard some titilating gossip on her
Yep. Ooooh what'd you hear?

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM
Guy - When I Get You Alone
Shannon - The Way She Loved Me
Justin - Route 66
Oooh nice song choice for Shannon! You really loved that Guy performance didn't you?

I hated Route 66..I only wanted to see Tamyra and Kelly..everyone (even my beloved RJ) was crap. Big Band is so hard to do, I think..For Once In My Life is cute..he slides across the floor like he's moonwalking sideways.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yep. Ooooh what'd you hear?
basically the sexcapades that went on during American Idol 1, especially between her, Kelly and Justin, it is probably not true, but its all in good gossipy fun

check out her thread at fametracker for more details, cos it prob isnt appropriate to post them here
Old 07-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Ohhh that is very gossipy Jen.

and wether true or not... the main quote about Justin is very funny... i almost fell off my chair i was laughing so much.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 07-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Idol extra was today

awww Andrew & James

They had more comments from the judges on some auditionees ..including Flynn... also it showed Andrew & James while they watched in another part of the room, James was just smiling at it, but Andrew was cacking himself Then when he was going out the room, he's like 'I didn't get it' and the judges could hear this and that's when Marcia crawled under the table

A lot of people were hugging James

oh..and some news...there is going to be a top 10 this year, not 12.