Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Sounds like you're starting to get bored with the whole hunting for news and reposting them here (I can definitely understand it. I like the show but I'm not hunting stuff to repost them etc. Too much of a hassle)

One of the IMDB crowd reposted Bryan saying that both Will and Hannibal will be in Italy in the beginning of s3... Last time Bryan said it'd be Alana in Italy... That's what I mean by Bryan changing his tune very often. I think filming is supposed to start early November so I'll start believing those spoilers as closer tot he truth than the spoilers we have so far except the timeline one. Beyan has announced that and so far he still keeps saying the same thing.

I haven't seen Dead like me. In Wonderfalls the one and only gay character is a caricature so I have no idea if Bryan can write gay characters decently and just chose not to or if he simply sees the characters the way he wants them to be and never realizes that what he writes doesn't quite work

PS I meant what's your icon from

Old 10-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

It´s been months since i search for news and when i go to the tags is for arts or pics to post here. I don´t even re-watch the show like before.

Alana in Italy? I´m pretty sure that refers to a spoiler about her getting revenge but i doubt that´s true. Alana may be strong but she doesn´t wants anything to do with Hannibal. I see in my mind that they will meet again once he´s in jail and she wants answers.

I didn´t saw the show but it´s here on tv now and then. I saw like 10 min but made me think of that who was Kendra to tell me because i didn´t knew the show. I think Bryan cames up with plots for gay characters that he wishses it would happen to him. That would explain so much interest in hannigram and none on both Margot (lesbian) and Freddie (BI) i assume.

Oh . It´s just a random picture but represents my love for a special girl .
🇵🇸 🕊️#IsraelIsaTerroristState
Old 10-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibal_Princess♔ (View Post)
It´s been months since i search for news and when i go to the tags is for arts or pics to post here. I don´t even re-watch the show like before.

Alana in Italy? I´m pretty sure that refers to a spoiler about her getting revenge but i doubt that´s true. Alana may be strong but she doesn´t wants anything to do with Hannibal. I see in my mind that they will meet again once he´s in jail and she wants answers.

I didn´t saw the show but it´s here on tv now and then. I saw like 10 min but made me think of that who was Kendra to tell me because i didn´t knew the show. I think Bryan cames up with plots for gay characters that he wishses it would happen to him. That would explain so much interest in hannigram and none on both Margot (lesbian) and Freddie (BI) i assume.

Oh . It´s just a random picture but represents my love for a special girl .
Caroline said in an interview that if it was up to her Alana would have nothing to do with Hannibal but I doubt that. If anything Alana would be the first person to want to know more. Like she has said in both seasons she's known Hannibal for far longer than anyone else so if all this has happened while she was there, she'd not going to hide from it. I can't see her continuing her life as if this had never happened but that's just me.

I re-watch scenes or episodes mostly to remember how I felt when I first watched. It's a tool I use to make my stories feel fresh and more realistic than rely on my memory and months old feelings.

Bryan is a gay man so writing for gay men may come easier to him than writing for gay or bi women. That said I wish someone had supervised his scripts or told him that he was downplaying or flat out ignoring that Margot wouldn't have acted that way throughout season 2, not only with the romp with Will etc

Old 10-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

I can see her ignore Hannibal and her feelings, as much as i wnat more scenes of them. But even if she wants to know, she will be a change person like "I don´t care, i´m strong" but deep inside she wants to. She just won´t admit. I think after he gets caught, she will see/feel it´s time to talk with him.

I was already re-watching S1 when S2 ended so, to me it´s all fresh. That´s why i started new shows. Maybe a little before S3 starts i will rewatch again.

That could be seen as "understanding Bryan´s side" but if you are ahead of a show, you should know how to write for any kind of character.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I can see her ignore Hannibal and her feelings, as much as i wnat more scenes of them. But even if she wants to know, she will be a change person like "I don´t care, i´m strong" but deep inside she wants to. She just won´t admit. I think after he gets caught, she will see/feel it´s time to talk with him.

I was already re-watching S1 when S2 ended so, to me it´s all fresh. That´s why i started new shows. Maybe a little before S3 starts i will rewatch again.

That could be seen as "understanding Bryan´s side" but if you are ahead of a show, you should know how to write for any kind of character.
I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I just think that it will depend on how Bryan wants s3 to be. If he wants it to be a realistic continuation of seasons 1 and 2 or if he really wants it to be like a new show. Plus s3 is going to be so confusing with dealing with 3 books in 13 episodes that I doubt all characters will be important if their names aren't Hannibal or Will.

I re-watched s1 before s2 started and will probably re-watch them both before s3 begins as well.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

I agree with what you are saying as well. S1 and S2 seems a little different from each others so, who knows if Bryan will follow a new path. I still think S3 should be about one plot only. I don´t trust Bryan to mix things.

Same here .
Old 10-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I agree with what you are saying as well. S1 and S2 seems a little different from each others so, who knows if Bryan will follow a new path. I still think S3 should be about one plot only. I don´t trust Bryan to mix things.

Same here .
I don't trust him either but unless the ratings skyrocket (which won't happen without SoTL) I don't see the show lasting past season 3 no matter how good the writing might be. I wonder if the show would be more popular if it had began with RD instead of the prequel. A lot of hate (here at least) is that people don't care about Will or his issues. They want the legendary big bads of the series and Clarice

Old 10-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

I think Bryan wants to rush things beacuse of that...because he doesn´t thinks S4 will happen. Everytime the show ends, we get a new season but like in the limit.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree. When he filmed season 2 he filmed a series finale. He has admitted that they added the scene on the plane on the fly after they got the green light for a season 3 weeks (some have half joked months) after they were finished filming.

Bryan may dream for 7 seasons (or 5 as he recently amended silently admitting there's no way he will get Sotl) but the ratings barely held for 3 seasons.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

I don´t rememebr where but one of the girls posted a interview of Bryan where he said the show could end in S3. I don´t mind. I do wish it had more but i prefer the show to end with making sense than dragging the story just to get more seasons.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Addicted Fan

I haven't read that interview but I believe it. The mere fact that s3 is a mushup of all books suggests as much.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

It´s not the first time i see a writer do that, make a season finale like it was the last but Bryan is pretty much saying "I give up" with this.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:34 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of a tv show but maybe it's not Bryan but the channel. If the show doesn't bring viewers they can choose not to spend money on it?
During season 1 fans were reporting Bryan saying that other channels were interested in taking Hannibal if NBC(?) dropped it. That talk suspiciously ended in season 2 when MGM said a firm "no" to giving the rights for SotL. Maybe it's out of his hands?

Old 10-18-2014, 02:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

I see your point of view and it can be it but for me what´s weird is Bryan not reaction and just simply accepted and write for just one more season. While i saw others before fighting.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Addicted Fan

It does seem strange, that's true. Maybe Bryan decided to pick his battles?

* He is in constant fighting over the rights to SotL.
* His plans for a 7 season show obviously didn't work.
* He's still in the prequel and has used the most notable parts of all the books.
* Without and without Clarice half the plot for Hannibal can't be used.
* He has publicly said he doesn't like Hannibal Rising.

Maybe he decided that using the parts he does like in one season works better and who knows, maybe once he does work with RD more viewers will tune in (since they have a reference of that plot)?