Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Emile and Jason were so good acting together. They are so talented and it showed in how they played Max and Tess.

They made their story come to life.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-25-2019, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It was such a well acted scene, you could just see it washing back over Tess, all the memories becoming a little bit clearer

& Larek was definitely their #1 shipper!
Old 04-25-2019, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Yes! Larek was there! He saw they were meant to be together! I have to go watch that episode again now.....
Old 04-25-2019, 04:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

You guys, this is not strictly about the topic, but it's been on my mind for a while, so I'm gonna say it: Max and Liz shippers, who don't hate on Tess are so precious! I saw some of you are also Dreamers and it's so cool to have you here and see that you appreciate Tess as a character and even the tragic past she had with Max, and it just warms my little Tess fan heart so much!!
Old 04-25-2019, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva Duckling (View Post)
You guys, this is not strictly about the topic, but it's been on my mind for a while, so I'm gonna say it: Max and Liz shippers, who don't hate on Tess are so precious! I saw some of you are also Dreamers and it's so cool to have you here and see that you appreciate Tess as a character and even the tragic past she had with Max, and it just warms my little Tess fan heart so much!!
Aww I’m sure you saw my avatar so yes, I am a dreamer and always loved Max and Liz. I watched the series as it aired almost twenty years ago and yes, I was a bit disaapointed in the last few episodes of season 2, however I didn’t know any other fans back then, no one I knew was watching, and I didn’t have a personal computer and didn’t know about fan forum. So, I didn’t know about all the hate towards Tess. I just watched the show and took it as a plot twist. I am a big big Max fan so I could see the point where he was hurt and she was there for him. Life happens and after all she was his wife before.

Since the reboot began airing in Jan I rekindled my love of OG and dusted off my DVD collection. In a random conversation I found someone I now know is also a big fan and she told me about fan forum. It’s like I’m discovering a whole world here.

Which brings me to fan fiction. Didn’t start reading any until this year and I am actually appalled at how many stories there are that really bash or dismiss Tess and even the baby! Whoa! This has inspired me to write a story that I do not think exists yet.

So far I have the first scene, Tess has to leave Antar with Zan.....
Old 04-25-2019, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

So happy to have you on fan forum and on the Roswell board Journaling Jedi! Never too late to get into Roswell!

Glad to have another Dreamer/Tess fan here.

I never understood all of the hate towards her as well. I always enjoyed her character.

Yes fan fiction is the best! We need an Ava Zan fic sp please write away! I find a rewatch or as I call it research helps when writing and great music!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 04-25-2019, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Larek was totally the loud and charismatic friend who got Zan out of his shell.

I always wondered with Dreamers who don't hate Tess if that happened because they didn't have the influence of Tess haters leading them to an anti-Tess viewpoint. Or if people who didn't watch the show when it first aired would like Tess better because they don't have the influence of Tess haters.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I got into Roswell during season 2 so I didn't have any idea who Tess was from season one. I only heard what my college friend who loved the show told me about her. I remember watching the season 2 premiere of Skin and Bones and she was filling me in on who was who and when Tess came on the screen she was like we don't like her.

I loved Tess from the start and I hate what the writers did to her. If you really look at her story line she saved the group more then she hurt them. So it never made sense to me to make her evil all of the sudden.

She had the most potential and the writers did nothing with her.

I am a die hard Dreamer and I still hate what the did to Tess!

Anyway today is a Rebel Holiday April 27th was the West Roswell High Prom we know this from the flyers in the school saying 2001 a Space Odyssey April 27,2001. It's also the day the Rebels first kiss.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

I never picked up on the actual day of the prom, that is cool. Although I thought Max and Tess first kissed back in season 1 in the rain outside the crashdown?

In my mind at the prom Max and Tess were remembering their actual first kiss on Antar and I actually thought it was a little romantic how they both were remembering and re-enacting the scene. Now I’ve come across several fan stories where the writers tried to say Tess mine warped him. So frustrating! They were married before in their other life, seriously.

As I’m writing my story I’m trying to go by show canon and it is so frustrating how the writers suddenly seemed to make her bad in that final S2 episode.

Last edited by JournalingJedi; 04-28-2019 at 01:00 PM
Old 04-28-2019, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was very romantic to be reenacting the first kiss. And the memory must've been a standout to be something Max remembered quickly. Maybe it was Zan's first kiss ever and he was like WOWZA.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes I think the Prom kiss was the night they met at the party that Larek talks about in Off The Menu.

I know it is frustrating with how cannon was throw out the window in season 2. I just look for some facts that didn't change as the series went on when I did my writing.
Good luck! I can't wait to read it.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I just look for some facts that didn't change as the series went on when I did my writing.
That is a good rule to follow.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes other wise you would be all over the place with storylines.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's already greater care than the actual writers took.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

So I just rewatched Cry your name for research for my story and at least the way I view it Tess had to have minewarped herself in that episode which is highly unlikely. The idea she’s responsible for Alex’s death doesn’t make sense. From what I see Tess does not look or act like she had anything to do with his death in that episode, one example, the scene outside the van when Max tries to heal Alex, Tess looks heartbroken at Max. What a tear jerker! Tess really genuinely looks sad especially seeing Max devasted.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread