Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2004, 12:22 PM
LTL
Master Fan

GH: Ooh, I want the HDN DVD, too! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] (My birthday and Mother's Day lists are already very long what with more Farscape and the Firefly DVDs! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) But there's just something about seeing them on the big screen. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] After all, they were my first -- and only other -- obsession.

Howdy: Good idea about e-mailing Chico the pix. I don't really have any good ones of him from this year, but I've seen others with some great ones.

Liz: Watch out for infection with that thumb!
Old 02-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/party.gif[/img] CONGRATS ON 500 THREADS EVERYBODY! [img]smilies/party.gif[/img]

behrfanny: I haven't ordered my DVD's either, but I will. Someday. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi LongTimeFan!

LTL! That was my new fic actually. I just started it after a very long absense from the fic-writing world. I haven't wrote Roswell fic in close to a year. I haven't really wrote anything in close to a year. I came out of retirement for that one last fic. It's going alright so far. No snags or bumps yet, just a bunch of people using this smiley [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] already and it's only the prologue.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Lori!

[ 02-20-2004: Message edited sugarplum ]

Icon from...somewhere. I don't know. Sorry!
Old 02-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Magic:
<STRONG>I just got an email from my friend who works for Blockbuster-

The ETA for Roswell: Season 2 is August 10</STRONG>

Start saving! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] Thanks Magic! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I really appriciate all your information. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jero:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Did yall see the fic thread that Vicki started on JB's board? [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Later,

Later,</STRONG>

I missed it! What did I do? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

OH! YOU MEAN&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; JB Board Fic Writers! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by LTL:
<STRONG>GH: Ooh, I want the HDN DVD, too! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] (My birthday and Mother's Day lists are already very long what with more Farscape and the Firefly DVDs! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) But there's just something about seeing them on the big screen. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] After all, they were my first -- and only other -- obsession.
</STRONG>
You saw the link to my babies room didn't you? It's all artwork that John Lennon did for his son Sean. I just got some new picture to add that weren't up when I took those pictures. I'll have to take some more this week. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-20-2004: Message edited *Vicki* ]
Old 02-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Magic awesome news!!

Vicki I can't see your pics since I don't have a Fotki account [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 02-20-2004, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Have a nice weekend, OTO's. Off to my sister's... [img]smilies/chase.gif[/img]
“I’m drawn more towards independent-minded things because I think that’s where the most interesting stories are. But, it doesn’t really matter to me if it’s a big-budget thing, or a small little bare-bones movie that I have to pay to be in. For me, it’s more about the story and the character than anything else.”
~ Jason Behr
Old 02-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer 4 Ever:
<STRONG>Magic awesome news!!

Vicki I can't see your pics since I don't have a Fotki account [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Let me fix it so everyone can see it.

Old 02-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Congratulations OTOs.......on 500 threads..amazing!!!

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] all you guys.....I pop in once in a blue moon here....but I do lurk... so I thought I'd post this here...it's the closest I have to a bio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] and I thought it might give you an idea of who in the world this nut was that crashes in here periodically....AND like I said I had a glass of wine or two [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].....*****well I took my mom home...on the way back home stopped at Costco..bought the DVD watched it while I celebrated my *aloneness*!!!..with lunch and a couple of glasses of wine....got emotional about Roswell and wrote this post which I am slathering around the places I keep up with....ok I guess that's a warning [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The following *includes cutting-edge memories/thoughts/insights selected by one of the original fans of Roswell*

***Once upon a time there was a then 47 yr old wife and mother of two who was used to watching shows with her teenage girls because that was one of the ways she stayed close to them. On the whole she semi/enjoyed some of them and mocked and barely tolerated others(thinking Dawsons here [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and only had really liked "The Wonder Years" and "My SO Called Life".Her youngest Emily(then 14) started talking to her about this show Roswell that was about teen aliens...the mother scoffed and made fun of said show along the lines of.."How rediculous of a premise for a show is that I thought Buffy was dumb!(boy did this mom eat her words on both fronts!)ANYWAY.....the child liked the show and after a while the mom sat down and watched it with her.It was around the middle of the first season and on viewing her first show(this is without the benefit of the perfect pilot)..the mom fell instantly and forever in love with Roswell!!! What a lovely surprize the mom had..not only did she have the thrill of watching such a perfect show every week (one that she was SO into by the summer that she started taping every eppie because she and Emily knew THIS was a show they could watch over and over unlike any show before or since... that she stressed there might be a power outage from a storm or something and had TWO backups(her sister and her best friend) ready to tape in case something went wrong.
The mom and daughter had such a sweet special time together anticipating/watching and talking about Roswell! When the big girl Elizabeth or *Liz* as her friends called her(which is why Podmom says *my* Liz when refering to her) came home from college all three watched the eppies Liz had missed and got into them together(Liz always liked Michael the best and kinda dissed Max.....what did she know!!) Emily told all her friends about Roswell and of course as soon as they saw it they were hooked. These girls didn't have the benefit of such a cool mom that taped every Roswell eppie(some would say weird/strange/nuts/immature...but that's their prerogative.....we're above judging [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) so periodically they would stay over night and catch up on Roswell and coo and ahh at Max.......of course the mom was watching too...but(mostly) cooing and ahhing on the inside All of the moms friends eventually knew(cause she gushed about and mocked herself because of Roswell) about Roswell....one time she even went into the City of Wilmington to have lunch with a neighbor and her neighbors co/workers because the neighbor had told the mom that some men she worked with were also obsessed with Roswell....the mom was desperate to talk to any adults that shared this(lets face it) kinda strange passion. She went and enjoyed her visit with these guys...they were interested in a fellow Roswell fan as well!
.......Finally the mom found The Crashdown(of course because of Emily) and slowly came to see pictures of Max and the Roswell kids on FF.
Eventually the mom started to read what ppl were saying...way before she ever talked to ppl on FF she sent letters to heads of studios and whatnot because she was desperate for Roswell to stay on....she would come to FF and the Crashdown at first to find out what was happening to Roswell and to see if it would stay on.She and Emily so wanted Roswell to keep going on with it's wonderful stories and great actors!.........and much later after the last eppie of Roswell aired the mom got up the nerve(and it took alot...she was scared!!) to talk to the ppl on FF..she just had to say out loud to someone how greatful she was for Roswell and how much she had loved it [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] And then slowly the mom learned how to use the computer.....she talked to ppl and was so happy. The mom learned to post pictures and eventually learned about smilies..and she searched for even cooler smilies and learned to post them.....and then one day...she trully was Podmom....not just the screen name her daughter Liz had given her...but trully Podmom....a person that she had become in this new virtual land filled with other ppl just like her...those that were romantic and creative and that had found this little show that could and in the process found each other....so Thank you Jason Katims.....and all the writers/producers/directors/actors and all the staff...every last one of the Roswell creative family for all the wonderful times and friends you have brought to us fans......We love Roswell and we love you!....and most importantly we appreciate and love each other......the Roswell fan family

[img]

***Thank you for bringing us Roswell
Old 02-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Awwwww..... beautiful post Podmom!!! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Supreme Fan

D4E: Try it now.

Vicki's BAT photos

[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] Podmom! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2004, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Very nice post Podmom and sums up the feelings of a lot of us, except in my case of course I have to agree with YOUR LIZ, Michael rocks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

edited to add: This is the first thread I ever posted on and it was on very first one. I was the oldest fan for about three posts and then NanaJ came on and beat me. Thanks Nana for making me feel younger. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

[ 02-20-2004: Message edited Old_candyfan ]
Old 02-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Vicki*:
<STRONG>D4E: Try it now.

Vicki's BAT photos
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Vicki I noticed you got a number of shots of Wendy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] podmom miss you lots!!!
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 02-20-2004, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Hi Pod! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Remember the way I greeted you to the thread? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I kinda dismiss Michael and Max.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-20-2004: Message edited bigspam ]

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] Cool BAT pics and Roswell caps, everyone. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

LTF sorry to see you cut your finger. Take care. [img]smilies/silver_hand.gif[/img]

TGIF. [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by HowdyPez:
<STRONG>Hey - I was wondering if any of you gals had e-mailed Chico the wonderful [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]pis [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] of him... He might like to add those to his website when it's up and running [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

just a thought [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Just what was going on there???? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread