Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2004, 08:30 AM
Absolute Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey OTO's!!!

Just wanted to drop off a few very quick comments and then I gotta fly per my usual...

Belated [img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img] wishes to Covina Guy and Softie...I hope your day was great!!

Quote:
Originally posted by LTL:
I like the way you think! [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Ummm...LTL I tend to agree with you and Thanette, but could you see the lot of us doing that? Drinking away the gutter balls? Geesch, we'd all be loaded after the first six frames!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But it'd be a heck of a lot of fun to try, hey? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] LTF- Hey Liz!! Thanks for the pics...and I so owe you a phone call [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cat.gif[/img],Oceana,Tek,Behrfanny, Groundhog, BrownEyes, Howdy, NanaJ, Jero, Magic,SPam and...and...I've lost the rest of my list! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] to those I've missed...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tasyfa:
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Tas- I love this little guy!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Lori- Before I forget..I have some pics I want to show you when we get to the BAT...remind me, ok? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] UGH! I have to split...work calls [img]smilies/chase.gif[/img]

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited Tigereyes ]
Old 01-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by bigspam:
<STRONG>
Its an Asus board?
That wasn't what I found when I researched it, [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
If your program reads it then it's definately something else. Nothing in the BIOS for the slots or timing?

But.....Rather than a dual board....look at an Athlon 64 FX51.....Fastest thing around. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Blew the pants off Apple's dual G500 in rendering.</STRONG>
Oops, on the Asus m-b, I was wrong; manufacturer is NOT listed. But am certain about the P4X2-AV and the remainder of info listed. I had it confused with the old system I still have as a backup.

I will give the Athlon a look, however, don't think I am going to buy anything for a few months. Got to wait and see how much this nose op will cost out of my pocket. Insurance is paying some, but this "fixed" or retirement income has me quite conservative on spending early in the year. As long as the computer works the way it is now, I can get by with it for another year.

Wife's computer, a newer HP, made use of the extra memory that will not work in this one. So, all was not lost.

I'm getting probably a dozen or so Norton updates per day for the antivirus and system works programs I use.

Off to the docs today in this 5 degree F weather, be back later this afternoon.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited Brown Eyes ]
Old 01-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] Mornin'

After 2 snow days the kids have school today... It's a scheduled 1/2 day. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lori R:
The 3rd decided to test her lung power for 15 minutes (shrilly at that) and then got physical with me.
I called for back up and it took the VP and another Teacher to help carry the kid out kicking and screaming. The other students that were left sure were good the rest of the day [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
But it frayed my nerves.
Ahhhh the memories.... this is what i used to do every day [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I had a change jar in my drawer and as i was hauling some kid off to the isolation room, one of the students knew to take change to the front desk and have the secretray get me a snickers and DP from the machines in the lounge. Than they'd bring it to me at the isolation room - my nerves were always frayed...
I'll have to remember to pack those pics if i don't find a scanner b/f next week!

Well, LTL, Tek, etc... I Know that Echo plans on toasting for gutters too - she suggested Te'killya' shots, but i don't think i could handle that at 11am!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Jero - i like the link you posted yesterday - much better than the ones i've found!!!!

My cousin is doing much better!!! thanks for all your prayers!!! Here's today's report
Quote:
Tuesday, January 27, 2004
Well it was like a resurrection! John was fully awake, interactive with all of us and ate real food. He's still wired into everything and clearly was emotionally impacted and teared up during many of the conversations, forgetting some things but amazingly tracking what we were saying. He was even focused enough to reject the hospital chicken gumbo something... Nope, he'd pass - didn't lose the personality in the accident...knows what he likes to eat and Wendy got something different from the cafeteria. He's having surgery tomorrow - the skin grafting procedure to close up the wounds on both sides of the calf. We talked to the 'main', #1 MD to clarify the situation. Often the skin grafting would come later but his progress has surprised everyone and they want to go ahead. We asked specifically about other operations and he said if the graft doesn't totally take they might have to do a repair type surgery but no others in the immediate future. He said the vascular reconnection behind his knee has taken very well. When asked about future knee surgery he said it will depend of what John can tolerate with the leg and how the healing goes. He made it sound like there might be knee surgery in the future because he will definitely have arthritis because of the damage, but it sounded like years or so away. The doctor talked about next steps: moving to another hospital unit at Strong followed by an inpatient therapy unit somewhere out of Strong and then outpatient therapy for an extended period of time while living at home. He said he may even go home with the pins and braces on his leg. Too soon to know. Maybe a timeline of six months or so for all of it if things continue to go well. This is shorter than we had originally projected and the lack of operations in the immediate future was another surprise. John was definitely feeling the impact of becoming aware of all of it. He had actually pulled out the respirator tube because he was choking, so is adamant that he doesn't want another tube down his throat. He will need to keep his leg pretty still for the 5 days or so after tomorrow's operation so we started the "sell" on that. He's psychologically wanting out of there, so it will be a process of him accepting the slow steps in that direction. And there's a lot to accept in the near and distant future. Love to all, Judith
Old 01-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes,its nice not to be forgotten,also to be eighteen again [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
We are gettin the the first snow of the winter only a few flakes but more to come.We dont normally get snow here on the south coast only the cold weather.I love snow actually,aparently it snowed hard when I was born.
(in a stable,according to local folk lore) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"You are the Stillness in which everything arises"
Eckhart Tolle.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/sun.gif[/img] Mornin' OTOs [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img], this is especially for you.... and for anyone who has adopted a stray cat or who has considered adopting a stray. Man Rescues Cat; Cat Saves Man From Fire

Lori, I guess you weren't Charmed with WB or me last night. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

BBL with SOs.

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited Tekgirl ]
Old 01-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/ufo.gif[/img] [img]smilies/ufo.gif[/img] [img]smilies/ufo.gif[/img] [img]smilies/ufo.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Tekkie! Neat [img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] story!!! I hope they find him. I like the story of the cat that dialed 911 when she got tangled in the phone cord. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Pezzie - Great antidote! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm Clean Sweeping my old books and videos... Now I just need someone to bag all this stuff up and take it to GoodWill. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lori - Did you hear about the puppy mill they found in Canton. People will just do anything for a buck. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Hiya Gooder! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Big [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]ies to all!

[img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Afternoon! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Softie - I much prefer a lil snow - if it's gonna be that cold - might as well have some pretty stuff to look at and play in!

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] are talking 'bout my snickers and DP? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Tek - i've heard many stories like that... one of a lady who lost control of her car and flipped off the roadway... the dog riding with her crawled up the embankment [he had 2 broken legs and a gash in his head.] and barked until someone stopped and the pup led them to her... she had just adopted the dog from a shelter the month before. Gives me goose bumps...

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited HowdyPez ]
Old 01-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Afternoon Delight

Old 01-28-2004, 03:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by HowdyPez:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] are talking 'bout my snickers and DP? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Yup! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Boo! on the cold!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Brown Eyes:
<STRONG>I'm getting probably a dozen or so Norton updates per day for the antivirus and system works programs I use.

Off to the docs today in this 5 degree F weather, be back later this afternoon.
</STRONG>
Brown Eyes, that’s why I have a Mac. Fewer viruses. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .... I hope the docs work their magic and make you feel all better fast - or at least give you meds that will help you not care.... What a pretty picture of Shiri you posted.

Quote:
Originally posted by HowdyPez:
<STRONG>Ahhhh the memories.... this is what i used to do every day I had a change jar in my drawer and as i was hauling some kid off to the isolation room, one of the students knew to take change to the front desk and have the secretray get me a snickers and DP from the machines in the lounge. Than they'd bring it to me at the isolation room - my nerves </STRONG>
Howdy, boy can I identify with this!!! I put on lots of pounds because of stress eating prompted by work stress and work pressures. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I plan to “graduate” in the near future - before I don’t have any nerves left to get frayed...... What wonderful news about your cousin! How great that he’s doing so well. I hope he continues to surprise everyone and will recuperate quickly.

Softie..... #1 on my “To Do” list tonight? Answer PMs... and some email. OK, that’s #2. #1 is pay bills. Cleaning can wait for another day.... again. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tiger, LT & Thanette, all I can say is, if we start toasting each other after each gutter ball, [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] they will be talking about the OTOs for a long time to come and the OTOs will go down in BAT infamy. And the more we “toast,” the more gutter balls we will bowl. :roftl:

CG, enjoy your [img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img] trip to Vegas. What a fun present!

Quote:
Originally posted by LTL:
<STRONG>Tek: Thanks for the list of snacks under 100 calories -- now if only some kind of doughnut were listed there.
</STRONG>
But, LT, there is.... the real doughnut hole. (= air) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] You can have as many of those as you want because they are zero calories. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

....and speaking of calories....I just found out that my custodian was a caterer for three years. He gave me an absolutely sinful recipe for a yummy chocolate desert made with only chocolate, butter and eggs. And the best part? It's low cal......yeah, right - in my dreams. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Nana, if you still have your computer problem, try rebuilding your desktop. If your desktop information is corrupted, rebuilding your desktop might solve the problem of the invisible icons. To do this, hold down the command key (the “Apple” key) and the option key at the same time when the computer starts up. Hold this key combination down until you see a message asking if you want to rebuild your desktop. Click yes.

Howdy, I read the dog rescue story too. Isn’t it amazing? Karma, eh? Another reason why we should be good to our furry friends.

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] I’m glad you liked the kitty story. I hadn’t heard about about the cat who dialed 911. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] We always knew cats were smart. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And puppy and kitten mills make me [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img]

OK, everyone has got me curious about Roswell Barbie Theater. If the site isn’t up anymore, did anyone save any of the masterpieces to their hard drive? If you did, can you post it on the thread? Some of us have never had the pleasure of “attending” a performance.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] yes, I saw the 'puppy mill' story out of Canton [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Those kind of things run rampant there due to 'First Monday'.

Tiger I will do my best to remember to ask to see the pics [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
What are they of? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Howdy glad to read that your cousin is doing better [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Yeah, sending those kids out bugs me, but I'm not having them in my room either to disrupt like that.
She tried to do it again today and I looked at her and said, "Honey, you try that with me again today and I'll march you right back down to the TOR and you can spend all day there...right after I call your Mother!"
She decided to stay.
You all are doing 'Gutter Shots'?
I like that [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tek I'm not into the Soaps and to be honest I was wiped out by the evening.
No offense.
And 'Barbie Theater' isn't at Crashdown anymore.
It was the funniest thing [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]
Who ever did that was really creative!
We had Barbie Roswell characters/houses/cars/pools/etc and the story lines were great [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Gee I miss that.

Vicki [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] My computer was not on when I left this morning! I swear! It must 'chat' while I'm gone [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Kenna posted the Ron Moore interview at Crashdown for us.

Off to get a tape ready for tonights showing of 'Angel'.

Lori

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited Lori R ]
Old 01-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Hi there OTOs! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img] Softie, Covina Guy! [img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img]

Howdy, Howdy! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
I'll trade you my off-switch for your on-switch! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lori at the DDD?...musta thought it was Devon, Doyle and Dan... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Browneyes, thanette...thanks for picking up the poetic slack... [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

On the wings of the Phoenix...
I escaped the fire...
only your true love...
could lift me even higher...
the icebergs start to thaw...
even angels are in awe...
of the beauty of the mist...
just waiting to be kissed.
It has been a while...
since you graced us with your style...
please...return to me...
complete this fantasy...
dreamgirl cloaked in white...
please be waiting here tonight.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Lori, I know that Roswell Barbie Theater isn't posted anywhere. I was just hoping that some enterprising OTO had saved some of the eps/performances and could post them here. Being an optimist doesn't cost anything....

Warning: teaching rant ahead..... My students had to take a survey today about one of the unending new teaching techniques that the teachers are being trained to use. We have staff development at least twice a month, plus observations by administrators, plus model lessons.... anyway, I asked the students if they thought that the particular teaching strategy that was the subject of the survey was helpful to them; most said "no." I told my students that the teachers have to use these new strategies in hopes of increased student performance. I asked my kids if there was anything that the teachers could do to motivate students who aren't interested in learning. (Our school is perceived as a non-academic school.) The kids said that no matter what new teaching technique teachers use in class, if the students aren't interested in learning, they won't learn or study. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] They said that if the desire to learn isn't already "in" the student, there wasn't anything teachers could do. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

~~~~~

Came back to add [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Nosee [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited Tekgirl ]