Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gooder:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]..Taco soup?..How do you get it to stay in the shell? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Talent! [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Heyas! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

LTL - I'll cut your hair! [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img] [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img] [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img] I'm still waiting on Pookie to help me renovate [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] May take awhile... Her tummy's all better and she's in school today. She didn't wear her coat today - not cold enough... I said, " It's below freezing! What is your definition of cold?" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I guess if she turns blue that'll learn her. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img] COVINA GUY and SOFTIE!!! [img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img]

I'm skeered to go check the mail in the cold! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

BBS
[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Afternoon Delight

Old 01-27-2004, 01:20 PM
LTL
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuinelinwen:
<STRONG>
LTL - I'll cut your hair! [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img] [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img] [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Uh -- I seem to remember a certain poster who hated her new hair color so much she hacked it off with a pair of nail scissors. Ring a bell? So I think I'll pass, but thanks, really! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] Howdy!!!!! I found another online jigsaw puzzle! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

games.myway.com

You have to poke around a bit to use the features. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Help, help. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Have a question about computer memory installation. Trying to figure out why the additional, new memory doesn't work with the old memory. Maybe someone can help or point me to a website that can guide me to an answer.

Background:
Have a P4X2-AV Mainboard (motherboard)(Intell Pentium 4.)
Chipset is: VIA P4X266 + VT8233.
Uses upper limit of 3.0GB DRAMs for registered DDR-SDRAM modules. Or 1.5GB DRAMs for unbuffer1ed DDR-SDRAM modules.
Three 184-pin DIMM sockets.
Supports PC1600 and PC2100 DDR SDRAM.

I had a Samsung DDR-SDRAM PC 2100-256MB in DIMM #1 and
a Silicom Technology DDR-SDRAM PC 2100-256MB in DIMM #2. Computer read both and displayed 512MBs of memory.

Yesterday, I added Kingston DDR-SDRAM PC 2100-512MB to the above in DIMM #3.
Computer only read the first two as it had without the new one installed. I switched the memory boards around in each of the possible configurations, but cannot get all memory to work together, so that I would have the full GB.
Went to the bios, checked in owners manual, have CMOS, etc. set to use all three sockets at 133MHz for Current DRAM frequency and DRAM clock set to By SPD. (All are 2.5 per manufacturer.)
At present I have all three installed, with the 512MB in #1 but only have 512MB available.

All three are unbuffered, so the upper limit is not a factor.

What am I missing here?
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LTL:
<STRONG>

Uh -- I seem to remember a certain poster who hated her new hair color so much she hacked it off with a pair of nail scissors. Ring a bell? So I think I'll pass, but thanks, really! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>

[img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img] I'm sure I don't know what you are talking about. [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]

Good luck Brownie! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] That's all greek to me... [img]smilies/spineyes.gif[/img]

Doin a bunch of nuthin... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jero:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] Howdy!!!!! I found another online jigsaw puzzle! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

games.myway.com

You have to poke around a bit to use the features. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Later,</STRONG>
cool! I'll have to check it out...

I had found some others, but the pieces were strange and/or there weren't very many pieces [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Brown Eyes:
<STRONG>Help, help. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Have a question about computer memory installation. Trying to figure out why the additional, new memory doesn't work with the old memory. Maybe someone can help or point me to a website that can guide me to an answer.

Background:
Have a P4X2-AV Mainboard (motherboard)(Intell Pentium 4.)
Chipset is: VIA P4X266 + VT8233.
Uses upper limit of 3.0GB DRAMs for registered DDR-SDRAM modules. Or 1.5GB DRAMs for unbuffer1ed DDR-SDRAM modules.
Three 184-pin DIMM sockets.
Supports PC1600 and PC2100 DDR SDRAM.

I had a Samsung DDR-SDRAM PC 2100-256MB in DIMM #1 and
a Silicom Technology DDR-SDRAM PC 2100-256MB in DIMM #2. Computer read both and displayed 512MBs of memory.

Yesterday, I added Kingston DDR-SDRAM PC 2100-512MB to the above in DIMM #3.
Computer only read the first two as it had without the new one installed. I switched the memory boards around in each of the possible configurations, but cannot get all memory to work together, so that I would have the full GB.
Went to the bios, checked in owners manual, have CMOS, etc. set to use all three sockets at 133MHz for Current DRAM frequency and DRAM clock set to By SPD. (All are 2.5 per manufacturer.)
At present I have all three installed, with the 512MB in #1 but only have 512MB available.

All three are unbuffered, so the upper limit is not a factor.

What am I missing here?
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Do you have an APG Video card?
Which version of Windows are you running?
If its 98 or ME It looks as though you can't go over 512
Look on page 15 of your manual about using over 512M of RAM.

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

I'm playing 'hide and seek' with work for the next hour. I told them I would be one place and I'm not [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I needed a break before 'Gak' time tonight at the 'Math/Science Night'.
I sent 3 students to the 'Time Out Room' today (our version of Detention). 2 were hold overs from yesterday. They have one day left on their sentence. The 3rd decided to test her lung power for 15 minutes (shrilly at that) and then got physical with me.
I called for back up and it took the VP and another Teacher to help carry the kid out kicking and screaming. The other students that were left sure were good the rest of the day [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
But it frayed my nerves.
So here I am [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-I haven't had anymore viruses since updating.

BE sorry you are still feeling the pain.

LTL I'm glad you didn't let [img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] at your hair [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I remember that time she decided to color then cut her hair as well [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Sorry [img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The Award nominees look good [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Off to eat then head back to school.

Later!

Lori
Old 01-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Extreme Fan

A generic [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] to all

Quote:
Originally posted by Thanette:
<STRONG>Tek, LTL: I think I might qualify for the "gutter ball contest".
</STRONG>
Thanette, I sure hope they give out a prize for the most number of gutter balls or the lowest score; a lot of us would be in the running for that prize. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Too bad about the cancellations of the Roswell and 24 conventions in England. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>Thanette: OK!! You, Tek, and I have a gutter ball contest going! No intentional throwing, but "winner" gets to buy the others a drink -- OK?
</STRONG>
LT, you don’t want to vie for most gutter balls rolled? The drinks don’t have to be alcoholic - they could be “gulps” from 7 Eleven.

BF, thanks for the lovely morning pix. Doesn’t Katie ever take a bad picture? I, on the other hand, rarely take good ones. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I must be the photo “yin” to her photo “yang.” [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And that pic of you posted of our Jason is so yummy.

Brown Eyes, another lovely Shiri pic, as usual. I hope your doc gave you some good meds to help you with the post-op misery you’re having. [img]smilies/silver_hand.gif[/img]

Happy birthday to two of our favorite guys:

[img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img] [img]smilies/party.gif[/img] Covina Guy [img]smilies/party.gif[/img] [img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img] [img]smilies/party.gif[/img]Softie: [img]smilies/party.gif[/img] [img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img]

And in your honor, a song (with new lyrics for the timeless melody [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

Hippy birdday 2 ewe.
Hippy birdday 2 ewe.
Hippy birdday deer Covina Guy & Softie
Hippy birdday 2 ewe.

Lori, what is “Gak?” .....And sorry to hear about the student who went off on you today. That happened to me on Monday. They do not pay us enough to endure the things we encounter on a daily basis. ....I got 4 new students in one class today. And it’s already the 4th week of school. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I’ve had eleven kids check out of one class and twelve new students enroll in the same class. The same thing happened in my other classes. Why bother to teach until the classes get organized? I seem to be teaching the same thing over and over again to catch the new enrollees up to speed. :tearing_my_hair_out_smilie:

To all the Brrrrrrrrr icicle bedecked OTOs, [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img] [img]smilies/silver_hand.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img] Here’s hoping we have one of our famed Santa Ana winds to warm you up, thaw you out and show off the beauty of Southern California. And thanks to all the sub-freezing OTOs posting those lovely winterscapes. (Yeah, I can enjoy them; I’m sitting here in sunny California. Sowwy.)

Quote:
<STRONG>

Uh -- I seem to remember a certain poster who hated her new hair color so much she hacked it off with a pair of nail scissors. Ring a bell? So I think I'll pass, but thanks, really! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] I probably would have gone the cheap wig route myself.

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img] Don’t go out in the freezing cold to get your mail. That’s what Pookie is for. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ‘sides, she’s feeling all better (thank goodness) and even went out without a jacket. Appoint her your personal mail carrier

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited Tekgirl ]

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited Tekgirl ]
Old 01-27-2004, 05:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Happy Birthday Covina Guy

Happy Birthday Softie

The weather made me leave work early - yay for the weather [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Overall, it's still 'Boo for the weather' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by HowdyPez:
I had found some others, but the pieces were strange and/or there weren't very many pieces [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Didn't the sites have a way to increase the number of pieces?

[img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] As I type, Boy1 is experiencing his first day of work in the real world... at McDonalds [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by bigspam:
<STRONG>

Do you have an APG Video card?
Which version of Windows are you running?
If its 98 or ME It looks as though you can't go over 512
Look on page 15 of your manual about using over 512M of RAM.</STRONG>

I checked the Devices under Control Panel for this (hope it's what your asking):

nVidia GeForce2 MX/MX400 (64MB AGP)

Windows XP Pro (Build 2600.xpSp2.030422-1633(Service Pack 1) with the latest updates.
I read/knew about the early versions limitations, but didn't think XP had that 512 memory limit.

I've never received an "Out of Memory" error message mentioned on page 15. My reason for wanting to increase the memory to 1GB is for PhotoShop useages.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Extreme Fan

I just saw this: [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Great Reason to Sleep In Late

So, tomorrow morning when you arrive at work two or three hours late, just tell your boss you were late because you were busy solving a work-related problem. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img] CG & Softie!! [img]smilies/party.gif[/img]
hugs, Tas
Closed Thread   Post New Thread