Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Moderator Manager

CANDIES!!!!!!!! i miss you all! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

sorry i haven't been around much, i still lack the much needed online time i used to have before. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

oh, lately i was cleaning my room and saw some pics of brendan & majandra that i printed. aaahhh...those good 'ol days i was soooo obsessed with them! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet. ✨

Old 02-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Everyone!

Quote:
from Ditzy Pixie:

in all honesty now that i have thought about it.. all though maria was wacky and crazy etc etc.. majority of times she handled things cool calm and collected and on more then 1 occasion saved the day...or at least saved something [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]...
Maria was great! She thought of how to tell the Sheriff that Liz needed help when Nasedo-Max kidnapped her. She was very insightful on many occasions. She got the computer guy to track back the source of Alex’s email to her, so they learned that Alex had been in Las Cruces, instead of Sweden. And as Anla said, “Maria was able to get through to Brody/Larek when he was going crazy in OTM. It was a nice scene. Maria saved the day again!” I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Maria! Good luck with your bit of a guy problem Ditzy Pixie! Hope everything works out well for you!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

In Roswell, some couples form and later break up. Kyle and Liz had been a couple once, and Liz broke up with Kyle. Kyle didn’t take the breakup very well at first. He tracked down Liz at the motel. He vowed to get Max. Later, Kyle got over Liz, and became friends with her. He dropped his hostile feelings for Max.

Michael broke up with Maria. Liz also broke up with Max. Isabel broke up with Alex and others, and later, Maria broke up with Michael.

Relationships begun during teen years frequently break up. Even relationships begun in the 20’s and beyond often break up. People cannot know unless they try, whether or not a relationship is right for them. Spending time with an individual can help each person know the person and discover whether or not each of them wishes to continue being together.

When Maria broke up with Michael, she knew that the relationship wasn’t right for her at that time. She knew she needed to be on her own, instead of being part of a couple. She wanted to pursue her music, and she felt that she wouldn’t do that, if she stayed in a relationship with Michael.

Maria had grown used to the comfort of being part of a couple. She wanted to continue the intimacy of the relationship, without being bound to being a couple. She slept with Michael, after she broke up with him, because she enjoyed that part of their relationship. Maria wasn’t trying to get back together with Michael, when she slept with him. She was only sharing the moment with him.

Michael understood that Maria didn’t want to be a couple again, when she rejected his help in getting Jesse to look over her contract. Michael was hurt, because he wanted more from the relationship than occasional intimacy. Michael was able to set up boundaries to protect himself from further hurt from Maria. He told Maria to talk over her problems with her friends, instead of with him.

Michael had wanted Maria back, after she broke up with him, but he wasn’t willing to have her back on just any basis. Michael knew what was right for him. He behaved with dignity and respect for himself and for Maria. He let Maria know what was acceptable and what was unacceptable for him.

When Michael gained the Seal of Antar, he underwent a personality change. Everyone noticed it. Uncharacteristically, Michael turned on Maria and on his friends. Michael had always had disagreements with Max, but Michael hadn’t behaved hostility towards Maria before. As they drove along the road, Michael refused to go to Isabel and Jesse’s apartment to check things out, as Max had instructed him to do. Maria called him on it, and Michael turned on Maria. He wanted to kill Jesse. He told Maria that Nasedo had it right—that people who found out they were aliens should be eliminated. This was a change in Michael. Before, Michael had accepted Jesse. He even told Jesse himself that they were aliens. He hadn’t wanted Jesse dead then. Maria pointed out that if Michael followed the line of thinking that people who knew the secret should be eliminated, then that would apply to her, too. Michael reacted. He charged her with never listening to him, even when they had been a couple. He told her that she had made him weak. He didn’t want to be bothered by her. He forced her from the car.

Michael’s behavior when Maria broke up with him was consistent with wanting one day to become a couple again one day with Maria. He loved her, even though she had broken up with him. Michael’s behavior towards Maria, after he gained the Seal of Antar was not consistent with loving Maria or wanting her back again. Michael was now king. He wanted blind obedience and he wanted everyone to follow him without question.

After Max took back the Seal of Antar, Michael returned to normal. Maria continued to remind him that he had treated her badly when they were in the car. Michael initially didn’t feel that he had anything to apologize for. He wasn’t sorry for what he had said. However, he came around to apologizing to Maria for what he had done. He had been wrong to blame her for breaking up with him, even though he had stayed on Earth for her. People change and relationships change. Maria wasn’t able to be part of a couple when she broke up with him. Even his sacrifice of staying on Earth for her wasn’t enough for her to want to stay with him. She knew she needed to try things on her own, without being in a relationship as a couple. Michael was also wrong to force Maria out of her own car on a deserted road at night. He had been wrong to treat her the way he did, and he later apologized to Maria. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

MICHAEL: By the way, I'm sorry for suggesting you'd be better off dead.
[Maria nods and smiles wryly. She shakes her head, punches Michael on the shoulder.]
MARIA: ...Go. Do a good thing.

`
screencaps from Momo's Roswell

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited Citrus and Vine ]
Old 02-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Total Fan

Great quote. One of my favorites.

Peace~Jordan
Old 02-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Citrus and Vine:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Everyone!

Maria was great! She thought of how to tell the Sheriff that Liz needed help when Nasedo-Max kidnapped her. She was very insightful on many occasions. She got the computer guy to track back the source of Alex’s email to her, so they learned that Alex had been in Las Cruces, instead of Sweden. And as Anla said, “Maria was able to get through to Brody/Larek when he was going crazy in OTM. It was a nice scene. Maria saved the day again!” I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Maria! Good luck with your bit of a guy problem Ditzy Pixie! Hope everything works out well for you!
</STRONG>
Thanks hun!!! i appreciate it and i am sure ill prolly get more frustrated as time goes on and vent here or i will be happy as larry!! and in [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] we can only hope [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]hey guys,hope everyone is smilin and staying as funky as funky can be [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
by the way [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] thank u for showing the screen caps i never got to see much of season 3 cos of something that shall remain nameless *curses damm them tv stations* [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] so seeing them after i have read majority well not majority i read every single transcript of season 3 there was to actually see the screen caps kinda make shifts for not seeing the eps all though one day i will [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
ne ways ciao ciao for now [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited Ditzy Pixie ]
Old 02-02-2004, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ditzy Pixie:
<STRONG>in all honesty now that i have thought about it.. all though maria was wacky and crazy etc etc.. majority of times she handled things cool calm and collected and on more then 1 occasion saved the day...or at least saved something [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ..</STRONG>
And she was the one who ended up stopping that alien green rod from making all the humans disappear in Wipeout. I loved that the humans were all three working together there to help save Roswell. And the victory hug among Liz, Maria, and Kyle was great. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-02-2004: Message edited Anla ]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-02-2004, 05:18 AM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] hey guys hope ya all good [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

and i'd have to second that anla that hug between them guys was pretty wicked [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ciao ciao for now candies [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 12:00 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PoP NoT SoDa:
<STRONG>

Jordan Good Luck with that guy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
</STRONG>

Thank you! I'm trying.

Peace~Jordan
Old 02-03-2004, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Anla I made an icon of the Liz/Maria victory hug. She's such a smart cookie. They always try to make Liz the investigator, but it seems Maria would have been a better one. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG>
And Kyle. Don't forget Kyle! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Personally, if I wanted something done right, then I would choose the investigating team of Guerin and DeLuca. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I think that Liz and Maria have different strengths. Maria has a very practical approach to situations and people. She's good at thinking on her feet, and has a good read on people (like figuring out what Laurie's evil aunt and uncle were up to in the HC). Liz is good at the scientific stuff (which I wish had been dealt with more - too bad the Granolith went away. It could have been interesting to see Liz trying to analyze and figure that out).

Which is why I liked it when the group worked together on their problems. Their various strengths and abilities came together.

[ 02-03-2004: Message edited Anla ]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Extreme Fan

I have figured outa plan to get my roswell fix daily [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

1) buy a new t.v
2) buy foxtel!!
3) enjoy my new tv/foxtel
I am a genius!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
only other way i can do it is if i go home and visit my mum " well say im visitng" and watch it on there t.v
Old 02-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey Ditzy Pixie!

Great ideas for getting your daily Roswell fix! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hi PoP NoT SoDa!

I was discussing Maria’s sleeping with Michael after she broke up with him.

When Maria and Michael were intimate together the first time, Maria continued her relationship with him, when he changed his mind about going to Antar.

After Maria broke up with Michael, she slept with Michael again, after she got the demo deal. However, Maria wasn’t getting back together with Michael. She still wanted to do things on her own. Maria liked the intimacy she and Michael had shared previously. But Maria was only sharing the moment with Michael. She wasn’t getting back together with Michael. Their getting together had been a spontaneous moment. Michael thought it meant more, even after he learned that she would be leaving for New York, maybe even leaving Roswell forever. Michael wanted to help Maria, so he arranged for Jesse to look over her contract. Maria, however, rejected Michael’s help. She wanted to do things on her own. She told Michael, “Our lives are no longer linked.” Michael then understood that Maria felt differently about their shared intimacy. He said, “Crossed signals.”

Maria found that for her, love wasn’t all she wanted out of life. She wanted to explore her music interests, and she felt that she wouldn’t do that, if she remained part of a couple with Michael. Maria broke up with Michael, even though she loved him.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Extreme Fan

well i mean all though i tprolly was unfair to do that to michael and all more power to maria for continueing ot have " intamacy" with michael all though she wasn't with him i mean how many times to guys do that to girls yet a chick does it woooooooo hold the train its like shock horror u know what i mean [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey Candy fans! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Does anyone know any good Michael and Maria art based on the episode, Independence Day? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I just love that scene in Maria's bedroom. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Proud MG! Proud ISORS! Proud Gutter Gal!
Old 02-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

Jordan Heh, keep us updated [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
I will. No prob. Nothing new yet. I'm DYING.

Peace~Jordan
Old 02-04-2004, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

Like I've said before (I'm starting to feel so repetitive [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ), I could have handled the M&M break-up if it had been written better and more clearly, and built up to more than it was. I've never understood why we got the whole thing about Michael stopping Maria from singing. Her unhappiness over Alex stopped her singing - his funeral was the last time she sang until Billy came back. If anything, Michael was supportive of her singing (arranging for her to sing in VLV). And I truly hated the whole "you never knew the real me" nonsense. I'm fairly certain you can't lie about the "real you" in alien flashes. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Michael did know Maria. And then there's the whole part where Maria was so insistent upon singing her own songs, refusing to do any preestablished, pop-type songs when she was the same girl who forced the Whits to sing those songs in order to get the concert and BD and get started.

So, yeah. If the show had gone the route of emphasizing Maria's general unhappiness and not knowing what she wanted out of her life as the reason for breaking up with Michael, that I could have accepted. In fact, that's the explanation that I have chosen to go with (when I'm forced to consider S3 at all [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ), and it can be supported by the show. But it's not the way that the show emphasized it, when they bothered to deal with Michael and Maria at all, which wasn't too terribly often that season. And I was truly frustrated by the way that the break-up was dealt with after BTM.

Quote:
<STRONG>I don't know I just felt like the Alex investigation annoyed me I guess. For many reasons.</STRONG>
Yeah, me too. The constant questions left by the end of Season 2 plotholes. But I'm not sure that we should consider that typical Liz investigation (such as it was). She was under great emotional stress at the time. They all were. (But it bugged me, too)

I actually rewatched the pilot this weekend. It reminded me of how much I liked Liz and Max, both individually and together, when the show started. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'll have to post my thoughts on the episode when I have the chance.

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited Anla ]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-04-2004, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

I completely agree, Anla. The handling of the breakup was horribly inconsistent. Great point about Maria's attitude when she tried to take over the Whits.

It used to be they realized they couldn't write a breakup scene for a couple who would logically break up, so they did it offscreen, which was bad enough! In S3 I suppose they realized they weren't capable of doing anything they were doing properly, so they decided to show the breakup - after all, it didn't suck that much more than everything else.

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread