Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] i know what you're thinking... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PoP NoT SoDa:
<STRONG>

Lilly isn't a good friend [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] My other guy best friend is good because .... he is a mixture of stubborn and caring Michael.</STRONG>
That's cute that they call you Michael and Maria.

It's funny cause two years ago I was praying that something like this would happen and now it actually is. I just hope it works out like them. But I don't see any "Billy's" coming back into my life anytime soon, so I hope all goes well.

ETA: I even got him to admit he has a stonewall today. I was talking to him and I said, "Cole, you know you put up this front..." and he said, "Yeah, I have a stonewall." Then I said, "Well, what does it take to get through it?" and he said, "A lot...but don't give up so easily. That's everyone's problem. They give up."

Peace~Jordan

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited *ReDnGrEeNmNmS* ]
Old 01-31-2004, 07:19 AM
Extreme Fan

i like that the whole ppl give up to easily !! its really kinda true we are all guilty of that in some way or form...but thats life!!
hope everyone has had a good start to the weekend
Old 01-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Master Fan

Interesting thoughts on the M/M breakup.

I agree that it would have been okay (or at least not as bad) if certain circumstances had pertained.

1) If they'd had an idea where they were going with it, some vision, some purpose.

2) If they'd come up with a reason that made sense.

Niether seems to apply, in this case - as in others on Roswell. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I also think that Roswell, far more than any other show I've watched, built certain couples - M/M, A/I and M/L - into the premise of the show. So I think they left themselves with less room to manouvre than the producers of shows like Buffy, which left all couples as more or less temporary relationships. They may have later regretted doing that, but they were stuck. So substituting a Billy/Maria relationship or something was not something they could ever make work, although they would certainly have been willing to do it regardless of what the fans wanted.

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2004, 04:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi. I've never posted here but I love the Michael and Maria couple. From the motel scene in 285 South on, especially in Heat Wave, I felt they belonged together. I'm not sure if posters here take offense if you criticize Michael or Maria but I do have some thoughts about Season 3 that I'd like to express.

I think that if Michael had been paying attention to Maria's wants and needs, he would have noticed that she hadn't done anything with her music since Alex died. It didn't take any time at all for Billy to notice. Music was such an important part of Maria's life that for her to give it up was a strong sign that Michael missed.

It isn't unusual for couples to become so absorbed in each other that one or both of them stop being true to where they want to go in life. That's what I think happened to Maria. She seemed so hurt about Alex and so wrapped up in what she came to view as the alien chaos that she stopped doing some of the most important things in her life, singing, song writing, and performing.

Michael didn't seem to get it until she finally broke up with him. By then it was too late. Maria got a taste of what it was like to have a normal life and follow her own dreams. I thought it was very heathy for her to break off with Michael.

However, I don't think the way her character was written was true to what kind of person Maria really was. She turned selfish and self-centered. She used Michael for her own purposes without seeing what she was doing to him. That didn't make sense.

Even though I love Maria I was very happy when Michael stood up to her and wouldn't continue to let her use him. I also was thrilled when he finally told her off in WDAMYK. Maybe Season 3 wasn't everything it should have been, but it kept me watching just to see what was going to happen to the characters. There were a lot of good scenes. The Santa Clause and Elf scene was hilarious. Hearing Maria sing again was great. Maria and Liz getting away from all the others for a while in New Hampshire was good for them both. The one scene where Maria takes care of a drunk Liz and Liz tells her what a great friend she is reminded me what a special friendship they had. Not everyone has the chance to form such a long lasting and close friendship.

I felt short changed with the ending of Roswell but there wasn't time to do all they needed to do so I hope somewhere in the future we will see Michael and Maria together and find out what their life has been like.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

I've found that I'm much more conventional (or maybe stubborn) about my couple preferences in Roswell than for many other shows. Like with BtVS, I can see many different couples forming. For instance, I liked Angel/Buffy, and then at times Spike/Buffy. It depended on the season/episode, etc. But I could never picture Michael with anyone other than Maria, or vice versa. I'm very CC with my Roswell 'ships. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

But I still think that I could have handled Michael/Maria breaking-up if it had been done in a storyline that made any sense. Like when they would be off-again, on-again in the first two seasons - that made sense based on the storyline and the characters. I didn't like it (many times I was very frustrated with Michael and was ready to jump into the TV and yell at him [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ), but it worked in the story. So, if they had gone another way in S3, like have Maria get her chance to do her music, but have them realize that she couldn't be famous and under close public scrutiny while still having Michael avoid the public attention, or focus more on Maria's general fear and unhappiness about Alex's death and worry that the alien situation was trapping them all at such a young age (which was why I really think that Maria broke up with Michael, not because of the nonsense the show focused on about Michael stopping her music and not really knowing her [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ), I could have accepted it. But the way they wrote it in S3, and especially the way that it was dealt with after BTM, simply bothered me. It was out of character (as was so much else in S3) and made no sense to me.

At least they got back together at the end, although it was so rushed. But if they hadn't had at least that, I would have been even more disappointed at the show's ending (I had enough problems with it as it was).

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited Anla ]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 01-31-2004, 06:57 PM
Extreme Fan

id have to agree with anla on that i am very much a conventinal couple lover or as she said Very Stubborn... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] and with the whole breakup and confueessing s3 i dunno what my thoughts are i think i would need to re watch and re read the episodes to fully comprehend everything about that season [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] and then i can post my thoughts on the whole michael and maria situatioin [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].. but i have to point out i agree with some of the points u guys have mentioned!!!!

Also hope everyone is doing well...ur all smilling and carefree and happy??

ne ways im off, ciao ciao for now bellas/bellos [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2004, 08:38 PM
Extreme Fan

ain't that the way though in majority of t.v shows when they are struggling what to do they throw a old boyfriend or a old boyfriend into the mix [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] makes no sense
Old 02-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Candies!!

Algeiba welcome here!!! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] loved your, Anla's and Brian's thoughts!!! [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

Jordan, lucky you....!!!!

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] all!

Old 02-01-2004, 01:31 AM
Extreme Fan

hey shobhna [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] hows ya going?

i havin major withdrawl syptoms from roswell..needed my fix thank god for here!!!
Old 02-01-2004, 01:43 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Yeah, i know waht you mean. I'm watching s3 and it just isn't GOOD!!! So i really need this place to cheer me up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 03:06 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Jordan I'm so glad that you got him to admit he was a stonewall. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I think most men are at one point of their lives. There are hardly any Max's out there at that age of 16/17/18. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I think Michael is just a typical guy with alien powers. Stubborn, and won't admit to their feelings until it gets too much.
</STRONG>
I totally agree there. I have been watching my episodes a lot more and everytime I watch Max I think that NO teenage boy is actually like that. Irritaes me.

And speaking of CC vs UC, I am definitely CC when it comes to Roswell, but every other show I seem to go for more of a UC ship. I don't know why.

Peace~Jordan
Old 02-01-2004, 04:46 AM
Extreme Fan

ok concerning the whole max type of guy and michael/stonewall type of guy.... i have only one word for everyone on here
MEN!!!!!!!! wheather the are the most sweetest or sensitive romantic guy or the brooding stonewall type of guy they can all get irritatin and annoying and FRUSTRATING but in the same sense...guys are guys and no matter what crap they put us through we stil love them i think i dunno its all too confuessing sometimes
i just wish that it was easy no matter what kind of realtionship u are in...
if ya can't tell im having a lil bit of a guy problem and i needed to vent a lil sorry to chew all ya ears off

ciao ciao [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 04:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Anla I have to agree with you there. I am very stubborn with Michael and Maria. I did like the chemistry between Maria and Brody, but I liked it as a friendship. Didn't you guys think they were cute as friends? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I was unsure and suspicious of Brody at first (they never did explain what happened to Milton to my satisfaction - off in the desert having a party with all those other vanished characters, no doubt [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ), but yes, I grew to think he was cute and funny. I liked his friendship with Maria. And it was also good for Michael to see that other guys were interested in Maria, even though I never would have wanted it to have gone further between Maria and Brody. But I really liked their friendship, and the way that Maria was able to get through to Brody/Larek when he was going crazy in OTM. It was a nice scene. Maria saved the day again! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-01-2004, 05:44 AM
Extreme Fan

in all honesty now that i have thought about it.. all though maria was wacky and crazy etc etc.. majority of times she handled things cool calm and collected and on more then 1 occasion saved the day...or at least saved something [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ..
well thats just my thoughts anyways