Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2019, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you guys see how Brendan posted some old Roswell photos on his Instagram yesterday? And Majandra commented

Old 01-19-2019, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

just looked....very sweet he is such a good social media guy...unlike Jason
Old 01-20-2019, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I agree the Starcrossed pilot had a little more substance then this.
I still have that show in my "to watch" files. Does it end on a cliffhanger or not? I hate ciffhangers!

Quote:
I also didn't like this Maria as well. I don't understand what the point of her character is in this reboot?
She is going to be the new Tess. The B couple is the gay couple, Alex and Max and since Maria is Michael's ex, she is going to be the "other woman" in the B couple. Basically, the new Tess. Add to that that there might be a need for a human villain who can't do much damage a la Kyle (who I bet will be in a love triangle with Max and Liz), then Maria will be this character.

Quote:
Michael is more of a slaker then anything in the reboot. At least our Michael had a rebel with out a cause James Dean vibe.He was edgy, mysterious, and smart. I loved how Michael wanted to know things and was in search for answers.

Anyway I want B&T.
This Michael isn't charismatic, handsome or edgy as the original Michael or book Michael. So in the end, it's better if he is not with Maria. Hell, the people behind this show say that it's based on the original books? PROVE IT AND BRING TREVOR TO THIS NEW ROSWELL !!! And this Trevor being more like the ORIGINAL Michael than this one. And like that, I'll be okay with Maria being with Trevor.

Quote:
Did you guys see how Brendan posted some old Roswell photos on his Instagram yesterday? And Majandra commented
It's so cute that after all those years, they are still in touch. Producers and tv channels are really missing something by not beting on those two in a new show. Chemistry like the ones they had doesn't come that easily.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 01-20-2019, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No it doesn't, and it's a real shame we haven't seen them together again on-screen yet.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

that is for sure!
Old 01-20-2019, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

You shooud watch Starcrossed.

Glad we all agree on the reboot.

Yes bring on Tevor! Trust me I read most of the Roswell High books and this reboot is not even close. I am glad we all agree.

I also heard at NY Comic Con during the panel that they will make mention of Tess in the reboot in reference to a bitchy girl from their high school. So that is going to be the shout out to Tess.

Honestly they have no idea what they are missing with B&T! I am so happy Brendan and Majandra are still close friends! I love their friendship!

I want B&T so bad!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-20-2019, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, you guys!
ICON
Old 01-21-2019, 12:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Off topic I love your icon! I am almost done with season 2 of the 100 and I am hooked! Bell and Clark all the way!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 01-21-2019, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Hi April! Have missed you in this thread. I'm Gwen, used to be 4brathan&brucas, remember we shipped Skate too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
Oh, that's so sweet! Will go and look
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-21-2019, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You shooud watch Starcrossed.

Glad we all agree on the reboot.

Yes bring on Tevor! Trust me I read most of the Roswell High books and this reboot is not even close. I am glad we all agree.

I also heard at NY Comic Con during the panel that they will make mention of Tess in the reboot in reference to a bitchy girl from their high school. So that is going to be the shout out to Tess.

Honestly they have no idea what they are missing with B&T! I am so happy Brendan and Majandra are still close friends! I love their friendship!

I want B&T so bad!
I'm glad too, that others think like me, that this Michael is not book/tv show Michael. I really wait to see if other characters from the books are going to show up, Trevor, Nicholas, Maria's brother, if as the people in charge say, they are basing this reboot on the original books. But I really doubt it.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

The reboot is not based on the books what so ever. I was wating for Roswool to come up in the pilot. Also in the book Liz is shot in the Crasdown and then the media is all over it. That is her reply to the news outlets that she was saved from the Roswool in her uniform.

It was that the sheep who crased on the crashdown site made a special wool called Roswool that was bullet proof.

I was also waiting for Max to turn her ring to silver and then back again like he does in the book.

I too was also waiting for Maria's brother as well.

Not in this reboot.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, well, since I'm not watching anyway… there is close to 0 chance of this serie making it to a french channel so .

I wonder why, in fics, elements and characters from the original books weren't more used, like Maria's brother who was like a little brother to the all group, if I remember well? Or Michael's brother, Trevor, or the Consciousness?

Old 01-22-2019, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember you, Gwen!

Quote:
Off topic I love your icon! I am almost done with season 2 of the 100 and I am hooked! Bell and Clark all the way!
Oh, I’m so proud of you for this.

Sorry I haven’t been around much. But look at my post count.

All this reboot stuff has made me get lost in M&M arts and gifs today. Since OG Michael and Maria are the only Michael and Maria. I love that Brendan tweeted some subtle shade.
ICON
Old 01-22-2019, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I remember reading one of the newer books Quarantine it was not in the Roswell High book series. In the story they did address Maria Dad coming back and I think Maria had a sister in it as well.

I can't even watch the new reboot not even curious to see what happens like I was with Star Crosse. I saw enough of the reboot after watching the Pilot at New York Comic Con and it left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Original Roswell all the way!

Yes when I am caught up we can talk about the 100! I love Bell and Clark! I am trying to be spoiler free so I will let you know when I am all caught up.
Thanks again for the recommendation!
Old 01-23-2019, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's in "Quarantine", that Maria's father came back. It was because Maria's half-sister had discovered Maria's existence, I think and was curious about her. She was, what, 10 years old, maybe less? There was also an half-brother, younger than the half-sister, if I'm not mistaken. It's been a while since I read that book but that's what I remember.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread