Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2019, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I loved them in the Snapple episode and the one after where Michael takes her on a date but starts bowling with the gang They were acting like a married couple

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

It's true that they were acting like a married couple. But see, it was Isabel and Jesse who were married and living together in the third season. So making the transition from boyfriend to "almost a married couple bickering then divorcing", that's weird.

Still, I can see why Michael would be into his new life. He had a girlfriend, a job, money and brandnew friends who knew Nothing about the alien abyss and with whom he felt at ease and was having fun.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 01-09-2019, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
It's true that they were acting like a married couple. But see, it was Isabel and Jesse who were married and living together in the third season. So making the transition from boyfriend to "almost a married couple bickering then divorcing", that's weird.
I think M&M's banter in Season 3 moved up a level because they were living together or, at least, Maria was sleeping over a lot more. Also, Michael was growing into the domesticated role, which was very (pardon the pun ) alien to him - and Maria was that girlfriend waking him up every morning with, "have you done this/that/the other?"

I don't think it was the suffocating level of Isabel/Jesse, whose relationship was vastly different in the sense that Isabel was constantly having to lie to Jesse throughout their marriage. By contrast, Maria knew pretty much everything about Michael and so it made the living conditions less awkward.

Quote:
Still, I can see why Michael would be into his new life. He had a girlfriend, a job, money and brandnew friends who knew Nothing about the alien abyss and with whom he felt at ease and was having fun.
I loved seeing a more -human- side of Michael and it was great to see him enjoying himself, for once. He was very uptight in the first two seasons mostly because he believed that his home was not on Earth... Pre-Maria.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-10-2019, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Lets not forget Max was also crashing at Michaels apartment. A new roommate would add stress to any relationship. Plus Michael was working two jobs while Max was a wanting to be an actor and searchng for his son in season 3.

As my friend Carolyn aka Roswool from the board said once that "Max was a deadbeat dad in season 3. Here he is living at Michael's dosen't work and Michael is working two jobs to make ends meet while Max goes off to LA in search for his son.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Lets not forget Max was also crashing at Michaels apartment. A new roommate would add stress to any relationship. Plus Michael was working two jobs while Max was a wanting to be an actor and searchng for his son in season 3.

As my friend Carolyn aka Roswool from the board said once that "Max was a deadbeat dad in season 3. Here he is living at Michael's dosen't work and Michael is working two jobs to make ends meet while Max goes off to LA in search for his son.
Roswool, that alias is familiar, was she an author? I seem to remember a Roswool fanfic writer.

Poor Michael, he just wanted to have fun with his work buddies but he had school, two jobs, Max crashing at his place, Maria being the typical girlfriend and the alien abyss. A lot for one guy, even one as formidable as Michael .

Old 01-12-2019, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
It did kinda feel like they wanted to make Max and Michael the Joey and Chandler of Roswell in Season 3.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-12-2019, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I think you are so right!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 01-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It was fun! Brendan and Jason both got to play these very human, very dopey versions of Michael and Max. They looked to be having fun playing roommates

Also, Maria took up the position of bossy girlfriend who comes to check in and berate them for their messy apartment
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
It was fun! Brendan and Jason both got to play these very human, very dopey versions of Michael and Max. They looked to be having fun playing roommates

Also, Maria took up the position of bossy girlfriend who comes to check in and berate them for their messy apartment
Yeah, when you think about it, Max and Michael were, in that scene, playing human versions of themselves. They never allowed themselves to be human, they acted as if they were human but on the inside, they were on their guard.

Old 01-12-2019, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Aww that is so true People often overlook how burdened they both were. They wanted a place to call home, and thanks to their relationships with Liz and Maria, they finally got that.

Plus, in the end, the humans and aliens come together and there's true equality in how they all journey away together and explore the world
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-13-2019, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I love how more and more comments under the promos for the Roswell reboot are about how the fans want B&T! I hope it happends! I miss my Candies!

Got to love the Snapple!
Old 01-14-2019, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Oh, that's great Lovely that Candies and Brendan/Majandra fans are so loyal

I'm quite shocked and annoyed that Netflix hasn't paid attention to fans' enthusiasm for it.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-14-2019, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Me too! Lets get B&T to happen! Forget this reboot their are no Candies in it! Michael is gay in the reboot and gets with Alex.

I much would rather watch the original cast in a new original show! Lets get B&T!
Old 01-15-2019, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Michael is gay in the reboot and gets with Alex.
This just screams 'aiming for diversity'

I hate that they're basically doing whatever they want with the source material. It makes a mockery of what the characters once were.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-15-2019, 01:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey everyone, have just been reading about the Roswell reboot and found out that the new Michael is gay in it. I found it so funny, it's literally made my day.

{Kate}
Closed Thread   Post New Thread