Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope the story gets better but I don't see it happening, if it does I would certainly stop watching again. I wonder how many more seasons they are planning for did Andrew sign for eight seasons as well or are their longer contracts? I would watch if the writing improved
Old 05-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I only know what I read in interviews with Robert Kirkman and Laurie Holden. Holden said she had signed an eight year contract with the show when Frank Darabont was the showrunner, and she and Andrew Lincoln were told about the Rick/Andrea storyline and that this would be the storyline they were doing on the show. But then Darabont was fired by AMC over budget disagreements and Glen Mazzara took over. Mazzara was told to have more indoor scenes and fewer zombies in season 2 due to budget cuts, which is why that season dragged so much and also affected the direction of the show. They were originally going to do a lot more in that season that they never got to do. Season 2 was supposed to begin with them escaping Atlanta(there's an old trailer for season 2 that showed what the original season 2 opening was supposed to be) and the part where they end up on that highway with the walker herd wasn't actually supposed to happen until the second or third episode of the season.

Season 2 was supposed to end with them getting to the prison and having being surrounded by walkers, which would end with a cliffhanger. There was also supposed to be a flashback episode which showed the fall of Atlanta and how that tank ended up getting in the middle of that street, but that all got scrapped. So the budget cuts for season 2 affected how they were going to lead into season 3. Mazzara used to work on The Shield and had a different take on things. He changed the story and had Andrea meet Michonne first and the two of them end up in Woodbury with the Governor. He was the one who came up with that stupid idea to have Andrea get involved with the Governor, and Robert Kirkman, probably due to inexperience at running a TV show and not having Frank Darabont around to help him, just went along with it, not realizing how it would affect Andrea's character. More than halfway through the season, Mazzara called up Laurie Holden in the middle of the night and told her that he was killing her character off, and regarding the Rick/Andrea storyline, he told her, "I can't write that."

Seriously? That's his damn job to write that, and he's saying he can't for some reason? Laurie Holden had just bought a house in Atlanta, assuming she was going to be there for the entire show's run, and now she found out she was being written off because of Mazzara's inability to figure out how to write something that Robert Kirkman had spent years writing. Kirkman himself admitted that he was on the fence about killing off Andrea, but by the time season 2 ended, Mazzara was fired from the show, right after Andrea had been killed. I chalk this up to people running the show who just didn't understand the material, and that's probably why the show has lost so many viewers over time.
Wow, I really didn't know that Laurie signed an contact for that long and she recently had just bought an house in Atlanta. Damn Mazzara
Old 05-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I'm looking forward to their interactions with him as a prisoner as well
Makes you wonder if it will Negan change personality wise at all? Or do you think he will remain the same attitude wise?
Old 05-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'm sure he'll change, but slowly
Old 05-07-2018, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And yes it was meant to be for Laurie on the show. I told you that Laurie signed an 8 year contract with the show and was supposed to be with the show until the end,
If it didn't happen..... It wasn't meant to be. Doesn't matter what it was 'supposed to be'. And again, yes it sucks for Laurie, but it obviously wasn't meant to be for her.

I'm glad Rick/Andrea didn't happen, I hated it in the comics. Read the comics and don't watch the show if it upsets you that much. I hate that the show has become the daryl and began show... So guess what, I stopped watching.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Five Alpha (View Post)
If it didn't happen..... It wasn't meant to be. Doesn't matter what it was 'supposed to be'. And again, yes it sucks for Laurie, but it obviously wasn't meant to be for her.

I'm glad Rick/Andrea didn't happen, I hated it in the comics. Read the comics and don't watch the show if it upsets you that much. I hate that the show has become the daryl and began show... So guess what, I stopped watching.
No, not if the only reason it didn't happen was because of some idiot named Glen Mazzara. If I were you, I wouldn't spend so much time defending a decision made by a man that ended up getting fired for that decision. And if Laurie signed an 8 year contract then there was an understanding that she'd be on the show for eight years, so it WAS meant to be and Mazzara was in breach of contract. Again, you're defending a decision that got the showrunner fired. People don't get fired when they're doing a good job.

If you hated Rick/Andrea in the comics then I can only assume you hated the comics. And please, don't tell me to read the comics. When I see a TV show based on a comic, I expect to see the story the writer created on the screen. You want something different? Write your own TV show and call it whatever you want. Oh, and just so you know, because of what The Walking Dead TV show did, Robert Kirkman ended up killing off Andrea in the comics because heaven forbid we confuse fans of the TV show with a discrepancy like Rick and Andrea being a couple in the comics and Rick being involved with Michonne(who has appropriated a storyline that doesn't belong to her) on the show, so I can't even enjoy the comics anymore. So if there's no firewall between the TV show and the comics and what happens to one affects the other, I'd prefer TV/movies stick to the comics because the comics are almost always better anyway. And considering how the TV show has run itself into the ground and is losing viewers more and more each season, I don't think anyone can say the show has been run properly at any point except for when Frank Darabont was still around.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 05-07-2018 at 02:17 PM
Old 05-08-2018, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm sure he'll change, but slowly
Will definitely take an season at least, if not longer
Old 05-08-2018, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

it would be interesting to see
Old 05-08-2018, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes it would and I'm sure JDM would do an great job with it.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

can't wait to see it!
Old 05-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched Fear the Walking Dead's first episode, it was all Morgan. And he seem to keep running into the same type of people again. I may have to check out more to see how the crossover goes
Old 05-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondluverbrotha (View Post)
I watched Fear the Walking Dead's first episode, it was all Morgan. And he seem to keep running into the same type of people again. I may have to check out more to see how the crossover goes
It's great!! I love the new characters a lot.

^Rita, I hope that they don't plan on not using JDM less just because of him being a prisoner now.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I don't see why they should use him less, he will be right together with the mains
Old 05-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cool story.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I don't see why they should use him less, he will be right together with the mains
But having him as a prisoner, doesn’t becvessary mean that they go down to the cellar all the time.