Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 09:16 AM
New Fan

The Walking Dead Discussion Thread #1

I just finished watching The Walking Dead (AMC) S01E06 on my Tivo.

I think I read elsewhere that this was going to the last episode of a short six episode season. Is that correct?

Almost the entire episode I was hoping for a Dawn of the Dead style roof top massacre of the geeks.

Especially when the doctor mentioned that those military rifles were all over the place.

It's not very practical to make a lot of noise and attract more walkers, but that gun shop owner picking off zombies from the roof of his building was my favorite part of Dawn of the Dead.

If that was the last episode for this season, I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next season.

I'd love to hear anyone other thoughts on this episode or the series in general.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Paul Welcome to the Sci-fi/Fantasy board and in general - glad to have you with us! I haven't watched the show, but it sounds interesting - should check it out soon. According to Wikipedia, it is the last episode, but it has been renewed for a second season.

(BTW, I edited your title slightly so it can be a discussion thread for the show in general. )
Old 12-08-2010, 03:46 PM
New Fan

Hey Avatar,

Thanks for the welcoming.

I'll be sure to keep any future thread titles shorter.

Glad to hear the show has a 2nd season coming.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love this show. At first it was because of SWC was in it, but I really adore the show as a whole. It's normally not something I would watch, but I got really into it and the story telling is quite amazing.
You really feel for all the characters and the story they are telling.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for getting this started, Paul

I've been meaning to give this show a try, but didn't get around to it yet
Old 12-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

I was just going to start a thread, glad to see one here.

I'm enjoying the show, as short as the season was. I was rather disappointed in them killing off a character halfway through I'd been hoping we'd see more of, although in a show like this I wasn't surprised.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for getting this started.

I haven't watched it yet but do wanna check it out

Is the first season over already?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for getting this started.

I haven't watched it yet but do wanna check it out

Is the first season over already?
Old 01-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Yup. There were only 6 episodes. I read somewhere there will be 12-13 for season 2, though.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexEvans (View Post)
Yup. There were only 6 episodes. I read somewhere there will be 12-13 for season 2, though.
Aw, okay.

When is season2 supposed to air? I'll have to catch up before
Old 04-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so glad there's a thread for this show. I absolutely love it! It's really great, and I hear that it's sticking pretty well to the comics. I'm excited to see more it, though I tend to prefer shorter seasons, I think it'll do good with 12-13 episodes.

I know shooting for season 2 starts in May, but I think the show doesn't come back until about October.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Elite Fan

Well considering most shows not on ABC, Fox, CBS, or NBC have a 12 to 13 episode season, I thought the 6 episodes was really short but I think they did it because of the fact that it was such high production value and they weren't wanting to put all their money into a 12 to 13 episode season if it wasn't going to be a hit. I'm hooked, I can't wait for more. I have a copy of the omnious vol. 1 of the comic and parts of it are very much like the show, but there are some parts that are either new or dived more into that are very good. I haven't finished the big vol. 1 yet because that 81 issues of the comic,lol. Anyway does anyone know when this is due to start again?

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 04-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well considering most shows not on ABC, Fox, CBS, or NBC have a 12 to 13 episode season, I thought the 6 episodes was really short but I think they did it because of the fact that it was such high production value and they weren't wanting to put all their money into a 12 to 13 episode season if it wasn't going to be a hit.
Good point. I think I've just gotten used to watching series with 6-8 episodes, that I value that more and look for short seasons in shows more than before. I just find the story lines are more concise and succint, rather than having 12 episodes plus with filler episodes in between.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Elite Fan

well alot of the bbc seasons are somewhere between 6-8 episodes but I'm not sure what else has such short seasons, I'm use to the 22 ep.'s for main shows or 12 to 13 for the HBO,etc. and stuff like that.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 05-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

There are advantages to short (better average quality) and long (more goodness total) but I think six is definitely too short!

It'd make sense for S2 to start on Halloween, I hate waiting though.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread