Yes! And that's as it should be!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-30-2016, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Cats (View Post)
Love the feature on the women of GoT!
I have a feeling that it's going to be about the women this season.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

It seems to me that the women of significance now outnumber the important men and/or that their storylines are driving the series.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:15 AM
Loyal Fan

That is certainly true
Old 03-31-2016, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

We're in the process of re-watching last season, one episode each Sunday and Wednesday nights. iirc, next episode is Sansa's "wedding." Not looking forward to it.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

Peter Dinkage will be hosting SNL on Saturday.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, that's cool! Thanks for the heads-up, Britt! I'll try to remember to watch.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

new trailer
Old 04-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Absolute Fan

Inspired by IGN (which is a rarity for me these days, since the site has lost a lot of credibility), I wanted to ask people to list their Top 10 favorite GoT episodes.

For me, the list goes as follows, in no particular order:
* Mother's Mercy (GoT had delivered some pretty monumental finale episodes in its four previous seasons, but, of them all, Mother's Mercy is by far the most impactful for me because, at the end of the day, it's not about battles, betrayals, or monumental triumphs, but about the price people are willing to pay to take a stand for what they think is important or right, even if said things aren't completely 'on the up and up'. Say what you will about Cersei, but she didn't deserve what happens to her, and the High Sparrow certainly underestimated who he's dealing with, most likely to his ultimate peril)

* The Laws of Gods and Men (Tyrion Lannister is one of my two absolute favorite characters on the series [along with Dany], and the way Peter Dinklage plays him is phenomenal, something that is never more on display than during the sham trial he is forced to endure in this episode, punctuated by his scathing rebuttal of his father and sister's attempts to vilify him)

* Watchers on the Wall (As far as penultimate episodes go, it's really hard to beat this episode, which eschews every other ongoing story arc in favor of resolving one specific narrative thread, in this case the siege of the Wall by Mance Raynor's Wildling army, and does so in a way that doesn't feel 'forced' or unearned)

* Sons of the Harpy (This might seem like a strange pick in terms of episodes that you could call 'Danaerys-centric', but I absolutely love her arc in this episode and the way it changes things for her storyline going forward in a more intimate and personal way than "The Dance of Dragons" or other 'turning point' episodes that feature her)

* Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things (Like I noted above, I love Tyrion, and this is really the episode where that love started for me; the way he interacts with both Bran and Jon demonstrates a side of the character that slowly starts to be diminished as his story progresses, except in situations like "The Laws of Gods and Men")

* A Golden Crown (This is the episode where I truly first fell in love with Dany, and also with Drogo; the way those characters outmaneuver Viserys is great, and really drives home just how strong their bond has become and the way that their relationship has progressed from their wedding night when Drogo callously 'bedded' her against her will and she was forced to silently endure it)

* Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken (I'm more than likely in a minority in that I rather enjoyed the Dorne storyline from Season 5, and I loved seeing Ellaria and the Sandsnakes put their conspiracy into action for the first time, especially since we get a chance to see echoes of Oberyn - who was one of the highlights of Season 4 for me - in their behavior and battle-planning)

* The Ghost of Harrenhal (Arya is my third-favorite character on the show behind Tyrion and Dany, and while she had some pretty 'meaty' stuff to do in The Pointy End, Baelor, and Garden of Bones [which almost got this spot on my list], The Ghost of Harrenhal is where her storyline really starts to coalesce; I also really enjoy the way she interacts with Tywin in this episode, as it gives him a bit of humanity that he'd previously been lacking)

* The House of Black and White (The House of Black and White is really the culmination of the character journey for Arya that starts in The Ghost of Harrenhal, which is why both episodes make my Top 10)

* Dark Wings, Dark Words (This episode might seem a bit inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but I happen to really enjoy it because it's the episode that really starts to humanize Jaime a bit more than he'd previously been, and allows us to really get to know Brienne more than we had; it also serves as partial direct setup for The Bear and the Maiden Fair, which actually almost made my list in this episode's stead)

What are everybody else's top 10 favorite GoT episodes thus far, and why?
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 04-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Interesting choices, Digi! Thanks!

I would have to give it a lot of thought, but I can say for sure that my top 10 would all be in the first 3 seasons.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

As promised, I made a new thread where we will discuss Season 6 Episodes.
This thread will continue for general discussion.

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2016, 02:45 AM
Extreme Fan

I've been out of the loop from almost everything GOT to stay away from spoilers.

But I just wanted to say that I loved the EW covers and focus on the ladies. That's one of the main reasons I watch and keep watching the show. Because of the wonderful female characters.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:06 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm not convinced that the show can make Sansa interesting given that they've victimized her for 5 whole seasons, but I do like what they've set up with the other female characters and want to see what they're going to do with the characters who don't yet have arcs set up, so things are by and large in a good place as far as the show's female characters are concerned.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 04-25-2016, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fans have long fantasized that Sansa would become Queen in the North, and I think they may very well get their wish.

It looks like these strong women will be driving season 6 and I am going to love that, no matter how far it drifts from the books I love.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Dany my favorite but I find myself rooting for Sansa the most the past couple of season

and of course for the Starks to finally get some revenge!!!