Fan Forum Star

Maurice!!!

Yeah! Stark Vengeance!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-30-2016, 02:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I'm not convinced that the show can make Sansa interesting given that they've victimized her for 5 whole seasons, but I do like what they've set up with the other female characters and want to see what they're going to do with the characters who don't yet have arcs set up, so things are by and large in a good place as far as the show's female characters are concerned.
Sansa has always been interesting to me because of the big irony that her life has become.

She was a young naive girl who just wanted to become a queen, marry a beautiful prince, have beautiful children and live happily ever after. And it all turned out to be an illusion. Everything that happened to her is exactly the opposite of what she thought it was or wanted it to be. And through her horribly painful experiences, she's changing, growing, learning. Slowly, but she is.

However, I do agree that the show have victimized her more than necessary. Season 5 and the whole storyline with Ramsay was a regression, IMHO. I really enjoyed what happened in season 4 with Petyr Baelish. There were moments we could see she's really learning through her experiences, like when she lies to protect Baelish and realises he could be a good ally.

I hope now that she is with Brienne, we will see Sansa "coming of age" and finally taking charge of her life, not only just surviving (which is already great, but I want more ).

I'm one of those who wants her to become the Queen of the North.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:26 AM
Absolute Fan

Sansa put herself in every crappy situation she's found herself in since Season 1 by not standing up for herself when she had the chance (and she's had NUMEROUS chances over the course of 5 seasons).

The writers kept making her weaker and weaker (while trying to pretend the opposite), and I feel like it's almost "too little, too late" at this point, although it was nice seeing Breanne finally get to fulfill part of her vow to Catelyn.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 04-30-2016, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sansa started out as a selfish dreamer, accepting even the murder of her Direwolf, Lady, and betraying Arya as well.
Yes, it could be said that Karma rightfully kicked her butt .. but maybe it went a little too far.

I do think she's matured immensely, and will survive to become a much better and stronger Queen than she ever dreamed to be.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 05-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
Sansa has always been interesting to me because of the big irony that her life has become.

She was a young naive girl who just wanted to become a queen, marry a beautiful prince, have beautiful children and live happily ever after. And it all turned out to be an illusion. Everything that happened to her is exactly the opposite of what she thought it was or wanted it to be. And through her horribly painful experiences, she's changing, growing, learning. Slowly, but she is.

However, I do agree that the show have victimized her more than necessary. Season 5 and the whole storyline with Ramsay was a regression, IMHO. I really enjoyed what happened in season 4 with Petyr Baelish. There were moments we could see she's really learning through her experiences, like when she lies to protect Baelish and realises he could be a good ally.

I hope now that she is with Brienne, we will see Sansa "coming of age" and finally taking charge of her life, not only just surviving (which is already great, but I want more ).

I'm one of those who wants her to become the Queen of the North.
YES to all of this!!!

I used to hate Sansa when I only watched the show, I mean, not HATE hate, but like, girl come on, DO something! But then after reading the first book (still have to read the other ones) everything made sense, her attitude, I mean, and I could actually relate to her a LOT. She's one of my favorites now
Old 05-06-2016, 09:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

It was cool seeing those flashbacks through Bran

Jon is back(not surprised at all)

And Tyrion setting the other two dragons free, can't wait to see what happens with that.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Jorah and Daario's jealous squabbles over Daenerys
Old 05-16-2016, 07:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Jorah and Daario's jealous squabbles over Daenerys
I actually felt like it was more Daario poking incessantly at Jorah, and Jorah barely tolerating it, lol. I don't really get Daario's obsession with Jorah's love for Daenerys..he loves her, so what?! Maybe the writers can't think of anything else these two would say to each other.

~Katie~
Old 05-26-2016, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Heeeey folks!

I really need to finish my reread, I had gotten into Feast/Dance (combo style) but then got busy with stuff and... yeah... It's my third time reading the series
Old 06-20-2016, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

Team Daenerys is now too awesome for words
3 ladies, 3 dragons, 3 eunuchs (well, add a few thousands Unsullied), and a dwarf.
Plus Daario and a big bunch of Dothraki to make up for the testosterone level

Seriously though, great scenes. Finally with the last season(s?) looming, they move on the story. Did more in 3 scenes than in 3 seasons basically.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-27-2016, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Sansa stepping back to let Jon rule was a major UGGGGGHHH moment for me. It seems she'll only ever frustrate as a character. I don't know why but I accept it.

It really did contrast the rest of the season, which was definitely the Lady Power season.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Sansa stepping back seems more like a redeeming quality for me
Old 03-21-2017, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

| “They call him the young wolf. They say he rides into battle on the back of giant direwolf. They say he can turn into a wolf himself when he wants. They say he can’t be killed.”
++
Old 03-22-2017, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

kind of sad
Old 04-06-2017, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you seen the latest teaser?