Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

News & Politics Off-Topic Thread # 14 ~ Got Canned Heat in My Heals Tonight, Baby

So I guess we weren't having any seminal discussion on the last thread.

All I can find is sugar-shack talk.

How's everyone?

Hope the title works for everyone.

I've had the song stuck in my head all day.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the new thread, love the title

Well, I'm still over the moon because of the passed Latin exam. And, as always, busy with work and school.

What about you?
Old 03-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still in that cycle of very busy at work and too much going on after it.

So not much that's exactly new.

Except maybe that I'm rather enjoy drinking tea these days.

Lots of new flavours in my life.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Total Fan

I'd say you've found yourself one of the most effective anti-stress strategies in existence with drinking tea

What sorts of tea do enjoy? I'm quite the green tea-junkie, as it serves as a welcome substitute for coffee for me
Old 03-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like all kinds of tea -- black teas, green teas, mate teas, pu'erh teas, herbal teas... -- but there are also all kinds of teas I don't like so much.

For instance, I'm not a big fan of floral teas. I love the smell of flowers, but I find them to be an overwhelming taste and not one I especially enjoy. I don't hate it either, but it's not one that I choose to drink.

We have a franchise of an American company near my place of work. They offer artisanal teas. So, yesterday, I had "red tango" tea. It's black tea, with pomegranate and mango.

I woke up feeling a little under the weather, so I think I'm gonna brew myself some ginger pu'erh tea this after noon. Pu'erh tea with ginger shavings and orange peel.

I think it's important to keep everything in moderation, though. I love tea, but there have been stories here about pesticides in tea, especially ones that come from parts of the world where the use of pesticides isn't as regulated as it is here.

Obviously, it would take a great amount of tea consumption to be adversely affected, but better safe than sorry, right?
Old 03-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
So, yesterday, I had "red tango" tea. It's black tea, with pomegranate and mango.
I wish we'd have that franchise in Austria too, this tea sounds delicious.

To be honest, it hadn't ever crossed my mind that tea might be contaminated in that way, but now that you mention it, it seems so apparent... For why should tea be form an exception there, as it's grown en masse and therefore most definitely subject to all sorts of unhealthy chemical stuff?

As you've mentioned the weather... What's it currently like in Canada? Around here, we're experiencing some pretty crazy ups and downs. Just a few days ago, temperatures were hitting the 20°C mark, whereas today morning I woke up to a snowy winter 'wonderland'
Old 03-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

We've already been "warned" that winter will be extending into spring this year. And why not? It was still technically summer when we had our first snow this year.

We did have snow, and enough of it that I thought I would have to get my shovel out, yesterday, but the sun melted most of it today.

Unless it snows again overnight, I should be fine tomorrow morning.

Apparently, it's to do with El Nino or El Nina pushing up some things and pushing other things down. (I know, could I vague that up some more, huh?) But basically we're getting an Arctic winter here, more or less.

It's alright. It's no fun, but I'd still rather have this than hurricans and tornadoes.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
It's alright. It's no fun, but I'd still rather have this than hurricans and tornadoes.
Of course, if one had choose between these options.

Me, I'm honestly rather tired of snow by now
Old 03-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oy, I'm right there with you.

It's been six months of snow here. We always have snow in March, but it doesn't usually snow till at least November or December these days. We got snow in September this year.

It feels like it's been winter for years at this point.

Which would explain why I've been dragging my carcass around for the last couple of weeks. I haven't been this exhausted in a long, long time.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Which would explain why I've been dragging my carcass around for the last couple of weeks. I haven't been this exhausted in a long, long time.
I hope you'll feel better soon.

And yes; spring, warmer temperatures and thus a big resupply of vitamin D are long overdue.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

All I can say is that I can't wait for it to arrive.

That, and I need a vacation.

How's it going on your end?
Old 03-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Total Fan

Well, I've been to a reading Friday night and been staying at my granny's this weekend, so I got a much-needed diversion from the usual everyday stress, so to say.

Other than that, just the usual studying.

What about you?
Old 03-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wading into the murky waters of my end-of-semester research paper.

That's how I spent my weekend.

I have two weeks to figure this topic and it's looking... laborious.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Total Fan

What's the topic of your paper then?
Old 04-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Evidence of Mitraic religion in the Sasasian period.

Basically, the Sasasian period was one of great centralization of powers in Iran, and Zoroastrianism was the dominating religion.

So the idea is to see if this other religious observance... I don't know, can still be discerned.