Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Total Fan

I'm so sorry -- now that I read it, I realize that I had already asked you this before

This absentmindedness and my inactivity over the last few days are due to me being sick with the flu (or at least, if feels like the flu). It's not exactly the best of times to fall ill, because I should be getting stuff done for school, but of course, our bodies aren't interested in our busy schedules and so they justifiably demand a proper rest.

I feel so sorry for our post count to plummet lately, and I actually don't have anything to bring forward in my defense other than that I'm continually preoccupied

However, I hope you're doing better than me, Sunny?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the flu's a pretty good occasion to be taking care of yourself and not worried about our post count, don't you?

Besides, I've always said that posting on here shouldn't be a chore.

It sounds to me like you have a lot of things preoccupying you.

I'm in a similar situation, although in good health. Work has been keeping me busy, as always, perhaps a little more so due to my being on vacation starting next week.

But it's also the end of my school term, so there's that final paper to produce. I'm still way out of my depth.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:18 PM
Total Fan

Thanks Sunny

The good news is that I'm doing a hell of a lot better by now. And that, after this week, we've all got two weeks off, so there's not too much I'm missing out on in school.

How are things going with your paper? Is there enough available literature on the subject, do you make good progress?

Oh, and if I remember correctly, you were going to be away these coming holidays -- or does my memory betray me once again?
Old 04-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I'm not going away.

I have two weeks vacation, but my vacations in April are really more about recuperating than about doing anything. So I'm staying put.

Plus, my paper is due Tuesday, so there's at least four days there where that's what I'll be doing. And I'll need it.

Because, to answer your other question, I really havent' made much progress on that front. Work has been predictably insane, all the more so since I will be absent for two weeks, and then I've started having those headaches I get when I'm in great need of sleep.

Which I am.

So, two weeks off. Can't freaking wait.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

How is everyone's weekend going?

Mine promises to be quite hectic.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Total Fan

It's been okay so far... My health further improved and Easter break's finally here

What about you?

I suppose the stress is due to the approaching deadline of your paper?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes it is.

I shouldn't even be online at the moment.

But I am very happy to hear you're feeling better and to see you here again.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

The paper's done and sent.

I have some translation to do for church, but it seems that now the adrenaline's worn off, I am coming down with something.

How are you?
Old 04-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hello there
Old 04-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Mary!

How are you?

Welcome to the Off-Topic thread.

Any big plans for the Easter weekend?

I just got back from my mum's place. My sister-in-law works tomorrow (she works in a bakery) so we "had" to do this a day early.

I feel like I've eaten enough food to last me a week.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Sunny

I work tomorrow at a store. A store is really the best place to work at for the holidays

How does your mom feels when she has to work at the bakery?

That great that you had fun!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

My sister-in-law works in the bakery. My mum's been retired for years now (she was a nurse).

And I think my sister-in-law more or less likes her job. I mean, she studied to become a pastery chef so, you know, it's her field. She doesn't get along with her boss too well, though, but she's planning on changing jobs soon enough.

But that's the issue. The boss, not the job.

And I can so sympathize with you. I remember when I was a full-time student and I worked during any holiday. It was such a pain. Definitely showed me that I wasn't meant to be in customer service, for sure.

Hopefully your day wasn't too awful.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's as if people walk over you. I don't even think some people care of how tired the workers will be. I also don't get shopping on a holiday when you are supposed to be partying with your families.

Thanks
Old 04-21-2014, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will carry vivid memories of my time in customer service to the grave, I think.

I still remember this one lady who chewed me out because the grocery store I worked at was out of frozen turkeys at noon on Thanksgiving Day. As if (a) as a cashier, paid minimum wage, I had any control over our stock and (b) a frozen turkey was gonna do her any good at that point in time.

Mind you, although I no longer work in customer service, I find that people being stupid is not something that's gone from my professional life, unfortunately.

But, you know what, I'm not gonna depress myself by thinking about that now.