Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 04:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

Not keen on that twist... But then again, the "big twists" are always something silly, so I don't know why I expected anything better!!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

But it's really pointless to put them all through and then have the judges decide who is going home...what's the point of that?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Elite Fan

I hate the twist, especially as I think the girls category is so strong and that it would be wrong for any of them to go when there are weaker acts.

I loved Craig, Janet, The Risk, Sami and Misha. I also liked Marcus, he is just so likeable.

Predictions for who is going home tonight.

Boys - James Michael
Groups - 2 Shoes
Over 25's - Jonjo
Girls - Either Amelia or Sophie but I think it will be Amelia

I think Kelly has the hardest decision as all the girls were good or great.

Vicky
Old 10-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think that from the group it could be also Rhythix, they were bad imo.

But agree with the other choices. I like James but his performance wasn't the best. As for the girls I think Amelia will go.

But I hate the twist because those 4 acts are taken away a chance to improve, to show more of them.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

I agree that JonJo will probably go from the overs. I like him, but his performance was pretty lacklustre & that was the wrong song choice. I also really like James, but his nerves really showed in his voice so I can definitely see him going from the boys. As for the groups I'd say 2 Shoes, but maybe Nu Vibe? I didn't particularly love their performance. And I didn't like Rythmix either

As for the girls; that has to be the toughest decision ever!! I feel like Amelia was the weakest, but Kelly seems to genuinely love all four girls, so I have no idea who she'll pick!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

The thing with 2Shoes is that they can really sing and I would like to see them in a more calm song like they did at the Judges House last week. Yesterday their performance was karaoke like and I didn't enjoy that all. They can actually sing.

From the groups I really only enjoyed The Risk. But I like 2Shoes despite their last performance because they proved a week ago that they can sing. So I want neither of them to go.

Amelia was the weakest imo too. And even though I like her and she has great potential, I don't want Sophie to go. Her rendition of Teenage Dream was fantastic. Misha and Janet are a safe bet so it's going to be either Amelia or Sophie.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

I wish there was a way to save one of them, like having all the judges getting a vote to save one of the four acts chosen by the judges but not being able to vote to save their own.

I suppose the problem is is that then having been chosen by their mentor to go if they are then saved then that could be rather difficult.

I don't understand why they keep trying to have these different twists every year, they are just silly. I also think they miss the point that this is people's lives they are playing with, they are effectively giving these acts an opportunity and then taking it away just like that.

I agree about 2 Shoes, but although I know it shouldn't matter about one of them being pregnant, I think some would say it's easier if she picks them to go because then they don't have to worry about that etc. Obviously that shouldn't be the reason and I'm sure Tulisa will make her decision based on talent and who she thinks has the most potential. I found Nu Vibe dull and I didn't like Rythmix.

Vicky
Old 10-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I found Nu Vibe dull and I didn't like Rythmix.
Nu Vibe were terrible...I really liked them at boot camp and at the Judges Houses but last night they were just not in tune and it was boring. And Rhythmix just don't mesh well together. And I didn't get all the praising. The best girl group the X Factor has ever had? LOL

I think this year's twist is really cruel. It's the same as with the first day of boot camp when they send a bunch of people home just like that. Last night was the first show, everybody was stressed, even more so because of the twist. It's just not fair imo and just silly. Because those people have a dream and want to learn, want to show off their talent and they don't really get the opportunity to show what they got.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

I agree that 2Shoes sang the wrong song last night; they were so good at Judges houses. Plus, thinking about it, since they are the only original band put through (, seriously, I'm sick of all these created groups now, what is the point of a group category if they never think any are good enough?!) I'd like to see them stay.

I really don't want Sophie to go, I really like her!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'd like them to stay too. I hate that there are 3 newly formed groups too. I mean what's the point of that category...they are not giving any chance to groups that have been working for months or even years together...

I like her too. And I think that she might be the dark horse in the competition.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm sure they never created groups out of solo artists until last year did they?
Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't remember now. But they are doing the same thing in the first US version now too.

ETA:

I just checked it and it wasn't the first time last year. But it was the first time a formed band was so succesful.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

Blah !

It was interesting getting to see the Xfactor house in the show last night; I'd read that they are going to show the contestants living together more in the show, so that will be interesting (if slightly unecessary)!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

They are showing them in the house every year though. Last year there was a lot of that on the Xtra Factor.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ah. I hardly ever watch the Xtra Factor. My mistake!